Guest Services Priority Line for 4 & 5 Star Mariners replaced by Club Orange

2LoveBikes

1 minute ago, highscar said:

On the Koninsdam if no one was in the fast lane next in regular line was waved over. 

yep...and same for the "special" check in for CO in the MDR (Westerdam, October 2023). When no-one "special/Orange" was there, the maitre de took us folks in the "steerage/regular" line. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FrankieSue said:

We are indeed focusing on all the goodies we get, even more so as we were able to add the HIA early bird to our next cruise which includes gratuities, premium beverage package, premium internet, etc…. We cant wait to board! Happy sailing everybody!

You know the secret of a happy life.  I have a cruise in Jan which has the regular HIA so no premium beverage, no premium internet, and no free grats.  I have another in October 2024 which has the early bird HIA so I get all three.  I am equally delighted with both.  If people would just appreciate what they have, rather than lamenting what they don't have, like us, they'd be a lot happier.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 10/27/2023 at 5:20 PM, oaktreerb said:

This won’t help anyone.  If all Suite passengers and 4 and 5 star passengers plus those who have paid for Club Orange can use the priority line, the priority line will be busier than the non-priority line!  

This reminds me of Pre-Check at the airport.  In the beginning Pre-Check was great.  Right now, CO reminds me of Clear until it really starts catching on, and then it will end up being like Pre-Check.  

4 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

This reminds me of Pre-Check at the airport.  In the beginning Pre-Check was great.  Right now, CO reminds me of Clear until it really starts catching on, and then it will end up being like Pre-Check.  

Pre-check was still great at LGA last week. Saved us a great deal of time. Of course, my husband always slows things down due to his many bionic parts!

• Haha 1

On a recently completed Rotterdam cruise with CO, we sometimes found it was not beneficial to be in the CO line. 

When no one was in the CO line, that service rep would take someone from the regular line. All good.

However, on more than one occasion, we were behind one person who was being assisted at the CO line, and that took longer than if we had waited in the regular line because six or seven people from the regular line were helped before us since there were three representatives helping them.  In essence, it took longer for us to be served and we would’ve been better being in the regular line.  In that case, it would have been nice if CO truly received priority and an open rep helped us as the next one became available. 

If there was no one in line at all, we would go straight to the regular line. No need to stand in the CO Line, if no one was waiting anyway.

In the end, we were on a fabulous cruise so a waiting an extra 5 minutes was not a big deal at all. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ready2go11 said:

In that case, it would have been nice if CO truly received priority and an open rep helped us as the next one became available. 

It does seem this is how it should work but we had the same experience you did on our May Zuiderdam TA.

Ditto.  Got trapped behind someone who wanted to explore extending their cruise at the last minute and couldn’t make up their mind on various options.  I finally had to ask if I should move to the regular line because I would have been and gone if I’d chosen that one to begin with.  (Watched 6 others come and go in the other line and it kept getting longer.) They finally stepped aside to make up their minds but the CSA should have asked them to do that without me having to give them a nudge.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2023 at 9:14 AM, *Miss G* said:

I think you are referring to the Suite Amenities Package.

Also count me in as one who has never seen a special line for 4* and 5* mariners at Guest Services.

The MS Rotterdam sail I was on gave me a 11:40am boarding time I think because of having a service dog. We I arrived in front of the Amsterdam Cruise Terminal someone from HAL came out got me a person to take my bags and took me directly up stairs to the Special Assistance Desk as soon as I finished checking in I taken directly on board the ship. This was my first sailing with HAL. This cruise got me up to 2 stars and only a few more point to get to 3 stars.

• Like 1

Just now, Rudi-Cruiser said:

The MS Rotterdam sail I was on gave me a 11:40am boarding time I think because of having a service dog. We I arrived in front of the Amsterdam Cruise Terminal someone from HAL came out got me a person to take my bags and took me directly up stairs to the Special Assistance Desk as soon as I finished checking in I taken directly on board the ship. This was my first sailing with HAL. This cruise got me up to 2 stars and only a few more point to get to 3 stars.

I had a spay ambulatory accessible cabin  10033.

Just off the Eurodam.  Sign at front desk for Club Orange, but no one seemed to be using it, likely since not many people take it on a non-Pinnacle class ship.  Volendam was even worse - shore excursion desk did not even bother to put the sign out until I called them on it.