LIVE Italy Land trip then 10 days on Pride, Oct 18-29 to Greece, Turkey, Sicily and more Italy with ninjacat123!

ninjacat123

3 minutes ago, Whatsthedillio said:

I bought my airfare on my own.  Flying Norse + Easy Jet.  $100 JFK to London, $29 to Rome, $149 Rome to JFK, plus luggage it came to about $480 each round trip.  It's also hilarious (or sad) that it costs almost as much for my bag to fly as it does for me 😞

Good prices on your tickets!! Charlotte is a pain when airfare is involved. We are COO but we could have checked a bag. I’m just paranoid about not getting our bags at our destination. 😬

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Hi mimi1965!! Happy to have you following!! Yes, we did Fly2Fun through Carnival and so far, so good!! Flying American (our usual carrier) and it was very easy👍😁

Good to know! Hope all continues to go smoothly! Cheers!! 😀🥂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

At CLT!! Lots of people traveling 😁IMG_2438.thumb.jpeg.0379691503f7a6fc8d2f4bcd3cb588d8.jpeg

Checkpoint E used to be the shortest, now I think it's the worst! Thinking about getting TSA pre-check before we sail (I have a RC cruise in May and this same itinerary next Sept). 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, erby2283 said:

Checkpoint E used to be the shortest, now I think it's the worst! Thinking about getting TSA pre-check before we sail (I have a RC cruise in May and this same itinerary next Sept). 

Yeah, the TSA guy on the microphone was touting the benefits of pre-check (“$79 to bypass allllll of this”) like a barker at a circus😁 but I could definitely see it’s worth. Especially snaking through the line, probably took 20-30 minutes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Yeah, the TSA guy on the microphone was touting the benefits of pre-check (“$79 to bypass allllll of this”) like a barker at a circus😁 but I could definitely see it’s worth. Especially snaking through the line, probably took 20-30 minutes.

If you can, get Global Entry.  It's great when getting back to the states and you bypass the longggg Customs Line.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kleibo said:

If you can, get Global Entry.  It's great when getting back to the states and you bypass the longggg Customs Line.

Yeah, good suggestion! We are traveling to Japan next July so that could be a very good thing👍😁

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

Yeah, good suggestion! We are traveling to Japan next July so that could be a very good thing👍😁

Also sooo important if you have connecting flights.  You need to get thru customs first and then make your connection.

• Like 3

Aloha. Have been blessed to visit Europe many times both by land and sea and to visit the ancestral land of Sicily.  Venice by land and sea many times which is truly magical. Have a wonderful vacation and please post food pictures lol! Enjoy.

• Like 1

We did Venice pre-cruise a few years ago.  Became one of our favorite cities to visit.  We stayed at the Hotel Canal Grande, which was so nice.  We also did the Murano glass factory, which was pretty cool. Did so much walking in Venice!  Enjoy your stay there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LouChamp said:

Aloha. Have been blessed to visit Europe many times both by land and sea and to visit the ancestral land of Sicily.  Venice by land and sea many times which is truly magical. Have a wonderful vacation and please post food pictures lol! Enjoy.

Hi LouChamp and thanks for coming along!! Right now enjoying an Aperol spritz😁image.thumb.jpg.439a8a06b73d4287e2bc75bc239c57a4.jpg

• Like 9

6 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Welcome to Italy!! We made it through sweaty customs, purchased train tickets and rode the Leonardo to Roma Termini. Now we are on another train to make our way to Venice!!IMG_2471.thumb.jpeg.c5a6de69bf0c4fbc7bd5dd410795ff29.jpeg

Did you find having your luggage an issue when going from airport to the train? We are planning to do that since it's so much cheaper (and quicker) than any kind of shuttle, but are concerned about hauling luggage w/a bad shoulder.

Also, how was the train to Venice? Easy to make the switch once in Termini?

So glad you made it - looking forward to pictures from Venice. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Did you find having your luggage an issue when going from airport to the train? We are planning to do that since it's so much cheaper (and quicker) than any kind of shuttle, but are concerned about hauling luggage w/a bad shoulder.

Also, how was the train to Venice? Easy to make the switch once in Termini?

So glad you made it - looking forward to pictures from Venice. 

Hi Haljo1935. Ok, COO is great for keeping control of where your luggage is but it is a PIA when it comes to wheeling it around. Getting it from airport to train no problem. Make sure you are booked on the FREESC… trains so you can book seats. Having said that, our last train segment today was a regional train and we got seats and place to store our COO. Train to Venice was fine. I was soooooo tired but still couldn’t sleep😬. If you get assigned a train inbetween Termini and Venice it maybe a search for the right track, but we did it! The bridges in Venice, OMG!!

You can do it, go team go!!!

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1