Issues with grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com

Ombud

Looking for any suggestions to an issue I have. 

I  am the organizer for a Meet & Greet that grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com  set up in a room with a maximum capacity of 100. I notified them that we have 163 signed up a month ago, again last week, and I cannot get a new room. 1st leg starts in under 4 weeks, 2nd leg in under 6 weeks, but being a TA ppl have already started over to Europe. 

WWYD?

Did they give you a reason?

Might be that they have limits on what they will allocate to a meet and greet since it is a courtesy, compared to a group booking.

From what I have seen it is not unusual for a percentage of those that sign up to not show up for the meet and greet. Especially with a large group size. 

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Looking for any suggestions to an issue I have. 

I  am the organizer for a Meet & Greet that grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com  set up in a room with a maximum capacity of 100. I notified them that we have 163 signed up a month ago, again last week, and I cannot get a new room. 1st leg starts in under 4 weeks, 2nd leg in under 6 weeks, but being a TA ppl have already started over to Europe. 

WWYD?

I would let my roll call know we have a room confirmed for 100 and working on a larger room.

I would also restrict more signups or run a waitlist now, in case you get a bigger room.  

Closer to time, I’d ask for a final count.

Meanwhile, I would still try contacting OB services.  Didn’t they give you a contact?  You should have someone coordinating it for you.

Not everyone shows up either.

Once OB, of course, work with the GS agent or events planner.

• Like 1

Once we had a large group for a meet and greet and they changed the room once it was actually set to take place.  The events and loyalty director simply put up a sign to direct people to the new room.  
As others have mentioned, once people see the schedule, they might have other priorities and so won’t show up.  Even if they do, it can all be worked out once onboard.  I wouldn’t worry too much about it.  

• Like 2

I have a similar problem.  I sent an email to my contact at group services a week ago.  No reply.

No worries.  I will contact Events coordinator (not Loyalty and Events person as previous) once onboard.  You will need to request a call from Guest Services since he/she has no front office).

I will let you know how this goes.  I don’t expect everyone signed up to show up.  I’ve check marked the previous 5 pages of recent posts as an indicator of those still interested….and posted an announcement of limited space.  I am not a microphone person, but may need one.  

Others have posted on the Roll Call that venue may change and to check the Roll call…day of.  

24 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I have a similar problem.  I sent an email to my contact at group services a week ago.  No reply.

No worries.  I will contact Events coordinator (not Loyalty and Events person as previous) once onboard.  You will need to request a call from Guest Services since he/she has no front office).

I will let you know how this goes.  I don’t expect everyone signed up to show up.  I’ve check marked the previous 5 pages of recent posts as an indicator of those still interested….and posted an announcement of limited space.  I am not a microphone person, but may need one.  

Others have posted on the Roll Call that venue may change and to check the Roll call…day of.  

I’ve always had a microphone, done about 15-20 Meet & Greets, & have found it very helpful. I’ve been told of a charge but once I’m in the room they will provide one. 

Only once did they change our room & they put signs up. 

Since I’m well known with the Princess staff on the ships last year after my Meet & Greet one of the officers approach me & presented me with this photo on a piece of metal. Very expensive.

One thing that I’ve always do is to invite the ships photographer to do a group photo in all of my meetings. That’s how I got that photo. Plus I have a record of who was there. 

Tom😀

image.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, trbarton said:

One thing that I’ve always do is to invite the ships photographer to do a group photo in all of my meetings. That’s how I got that photo. Plus I have a record of who was there. 

This was a good idea before, but it's an even better idea now, since those with Premier get free digital copies of every picture they're in. I haven't bothered with pictures on Princess before, but I will now.

• Like 1