Will Elite Benefits Apply to my cabin mate?

coloradocruise

17 minutes ago, coloradocruise said:

I'm Diamond on RCCL which made me Elite on Celebrity but my friend who is traveling with me holds no status whatsoever. Will she be extended Elite benefits while on this cruise? I booked it under my name with my number.

No the benefits only apply to you.

• Like 1

She won't have benefits but they do allow her to go with you to certain activities which is nice.   There is  an elite breakfast that she can go with you to each morning.  When you get to your cabin there will be a sheet listing the activities.  

23 minutes ago, coloradocruise said:

How does the cocktail hour work? I can get as many drinks as I want between 5-7 at a bar? Am I charged anything for these at all?

No charge on drinks from the Captains Club Happy hour menu.  You friend will have to pay for their drinks or if they have a beverage package it can be used.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

With low expectations, ask the Captains Club concierge if they'll add benefits to your friend as they have made exceptions in the past

and because too many are asking and talking about it they stopped saying yes to MANY special requests

• Like 5

3 hours ago, coloradocruise said:

How does the cocktail hour work? I can get as many drinks as I want between 5-7 at a bar? Am I charged anything for these at all?

If you're hoping you can order as many drinks as you want so you're friend doesn't have to pay for any, I surely hope this isn't the case for those of us who have infested lots of money in Celebrity to earn these benefits !!!!

P.S. My husband and I have also infested lots of money with RCI to earn our Diamond staus as well!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Now I'm curious, what are some other special requests?

Referring to the 'special request' to have a cabin mate get unearned perks. My daughter sailed with me and she got entry to events only. At that time happy hour was a private event so her drinks were free. Now with drinks at most bars there are no drinks free for her.

Too many people are abusing the system .. travelling with other couples and have the couple split so that the 2 men are one room and women the other and then getting the cards swapped so they are with their own spouses. This was done to mainly get free drinks at happy hour.. by many. Party is over . 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

Referring to the 'special request' to have a cabin mate get unearned perks. My daughter sailed with me and she got entry to events only. At that time happy hour was a private event so her drinks were free. Now with drinks at most bars there are no drinks free for her.

Too many people are abusing the system .. travelling with other couples and have the couple split so that the 2 men are one room and women the other and then getting the cards swapped so they are with their own spouses. This was done to mainly get free drinks at happy hour.. by many. Party is over . 

Always someone to abuse the system 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, hcat said:

if the cheating continues.they will change the perk to coupons/ limits.

There are more freeloaders than ever!

The coupons resulted in more cheating.  Those that had a drink package would give their coupons to friends/family or others who were not elite and didn’t have a drink package.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The coupons resulted in more cheating.  Those that had a drink package would give their coupons to friends/family or others who were not elite and didn’t have a drink package.  

I've said this before on other posts regarding passengers who "try to work the system" no matter what the issue......"we are so far into the twighlight zone, there is no way out"!!! 

I believe RCCL has a better way of handling this which is by giving each person who holds Diamond Status 4 free drinks per person per day up to $14 each. That way, you can decide if you'd like to gift someone a drink AND you're not trying to drink as many drinks as possible in a 2-hour time window! 

Edited by coloradocruise
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, coloradocruise said:

I believe RCCL has a better way of handling this which is by giving each person who holds Diamond Status 4 free drinks per person per day up to $14 each. That way, you can decide if you'd like to gift someone a drink AND you're not trying to drink as many drinks as possible in a 2-hour time window! 

lol.. Elite plus and still drink no more than 2 but will get a water for later. 

8 minutes ago, coloradocruise said:

That worked out well when I tool my Grandson on adventure of the seas in August. He used a couple of my vouchers for non alcohol drinks and  a few nights when I just had one voucher left they just gave him a coke for free. Their red wines were of very good quality I think they even gave me premium brand with my voucher

44 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

lol.. Elite plus and still drink no more than 2 but will get a water for later. 

What’s the difference between gifting someone who is not Diamond drink and ordering a drink during Elite Happy Hour and passing it to someone who is not Elite.  
In both cases it’s cheating. 

Sorry quoted the wrong person.  Was responding to @coloradocruise 

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

What’s the difference between gifting someone who is not Diamond drink and ordering a drink during Elite Happy Hour and passing it to someone who is not Elite.  
In both cases it’s cheating. 

correct..

RCCL allows you to charge 4 drinks per day. The waiter didn't tell me I couldn't order drinks for my friends, nor was it specified in their rules that I am the only one who can drink those drinks. I guess I'm unsure why that would be considered "cheating."

I was just asking a simple question about how it works on Celebrity because all I know is RCCL and so far it's been implied that I am a freeloader, cheat, thief, working the system, etc. Way to support each other on Cruise Critic!