Laundry

Belle2002

6 minutes ago, Belle2002 said:

I am confused with the laundry process we are elite so entitles to free laundry does the room Stewart still put the bags in your room and collect when you need it done or do you have to get tokens and do it yourself

There are a couple of bags in your stateroom. You place your laundry in the bags. There is a little ticket you fill out with a count of your items. Place all of this on the bed when you go out for breakfast and the stew will pick up. Expect it back in the next day or two. There are some timelines for next-day, but I would be prepared not to get it next-day even if you hit the timeline.

A charge will appear on your folio, then a credit, like so:

image.png.d590e6e82b8058893f15ac69e77f3414.png

This is not them giving you tokens to doit yourself!

• Like 3

steward picks up after you put into bag - with items marked - steward will then return to cabin when complete.

Now 'someone(s)' will post this exact same thing with a few words changed and maybe add that sometimes elites have been able to get free tokens for self-laundry.  laundry turn around time will depend on number of elites on board - tokens are $3 each - one for washer , one for dryer.

• Like 1

Either. The bags are there, the self-laundry is still there. Also, the retractable clothesline is still in the shower for delicates you might prefer to do in the sink. I'd add to the above posts, we've found detergent/dryer sheets work well and take little luggage space for self-laundry.

Edited by mtnesterz

Self serve laundry costs $3 to wash, $3 to dry, is not included in Elite perks. "sometimes" (key word= sometimes) people have gotten free tokens or machines are set to free, but generally plan on $3 per load to wash and $3 to dry, if you do self serve laundry. If you send it out, it is free as Elite.

• Like 1

Laundry bag needs to be delivered to Laundry by 9 AM.  Depending on how many elites onboard, you "may" get it back the next night or several days later (plan accordingly).  I don't risk "me" being up and organized, nor having my room steward "see" the bag in the hallway before 9 AM.  So I am in the group that puts it on the bed the night before turn down service.  

I have been the beneficiary of "free" tokens for the laundry room once.  I smiled and said thank you.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jwattle said:

Self serve laundry costs $3 to wash, $3 to dry, is not included in Elite perks. "sometimes" (key word= sometimes) people have gotten free tokens or machines are set to free, but generally plan on $3 per load to wash and $3 to dry, if you do self serve laundry. If you send it out, it is free as Elite.

Last cruise my wife got free tokens once after reporting the token machine was non functional.  The crew member who brought the tokens asked her how many she would like...

One time I found a non-functional token machine and was able to "fix" it by changing the language from English to Chinese or something like that... then back to English... magic... it started working.

• Like 1