🐾 🐾  Sea Dog gets Wet, a "Soggy Adventure LIVE" 10-21-23

Sea Dog

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

There is a wonderful place to stay called White Bay Villas. We would like to stay there for a week sometime.

Aaaah.  memories of misspent youth!! Only travelled with backpack and 1 pair flip flops and 1 pair sneakers, Love the VI, vacation paradise a short plane ride away.

Edited by Sea Viewer
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ch175 said:

Enjoy! We will be walking off Adventure Saturday morning. This has been a great week, have been impressed by all of the crew we have met.

And just as important (if you partake, of course), how was the whiskey/bourbon selection?

20 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just enough time to try some St Louis BBQ.😋

IMHO, 2nd only to KC.  The definitive order:

1. KC (Lots of amazing ones, but I was always an Arthur Bryant's guy)

2. St. Louis

3. Austin

4. Everything else 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

And just as important (if you partake, of course), how was the whiskey/bourbon selection?

IMHO, 2nd only to KC.  The definitive order:

1. KC (Lots of amazing ones, but I was always an Arthur Bryant's guy)

2. St. Louis

3. Austin

4. Everything else 

I agree with this.

27 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

How was the food?

So obviously it isn’t like it was 25 years ago.

Breakfast in Windjammer I have been heading to the omelet station in the back. Which is also conveniently located close to the bakery station with the cinnamon donuts.

We have the late seating in main dining, which is at 8pm. It is me and my 16 year old son. Our wait staff is getting us through quickly, and we’ve been making the 9:15pm shows. This is our preference, they aren’t rushing us out or anything.

Day 1 (Welcome Aboard) and Day 2 (Caribbean) were, as the kids would say, “meh”. I thought the Day 3 (French) and Day 5 (Italian) were good. We did Chops on Day 4 (Mexican?). That was also good but I would not pay the single going rate of $62pp or whatever it is now. Tonight is Royal Night menu.

I think the food is just different now. Most of my cruising was pre-2015 on Celebrity. It’s like there aren’t many of what you would call “the old favorites” with these menus. So you gotta go in with that attitude I guess.

I do appreciate that the portions are smaller - I am not leaving super-stuffed. But they have been more than happy to get us multiples of whatever we’ve asked for.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ch175 said:

So obviously it isn’t like it was 25 years ago.

Breakfast in Windjammer I have been heading to the omelet station in the back. Which is also conveniently located close to the bakery station with the cinnamon donuts.

We have the late seating in main dining, which is at 8pm. It is me and my 16 year old son. Our wait staff is getting us through quickly, and we’ve been making the 9:15pm shows. This is our preference, they aren’t rushing us out or anything.

Day 1 (Welcome Aboard) and Day 2 (Caribbean) were, as the kids would say, “meh”. I thought the Day 3 (French) and Day 5 (Italian) were good. We did Chops on Day 4 (Mexican?). That was also good but I would not pay the single going rate of $62pp or whatever it is now. Tonight is Royal Night menu.

I think the food is just different now. Most of my cruising was pre-2015 on Celebrity. It’s like there aren’t many of what you would call “the old favorites” with these menus. So you gotta go in with that attitude I guess.

I do appreciate that the portions are smaller - I am not leaving super-stuffed. But they have been more than happy to get us multiples of whatever we’ve asked for.

Thank you for your detailed review. I hope it will be good for us as well.

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Listening part 2

IMG_2418.thumb.png.4a4f02b9489955b0f1482cccc6ef7fa2.png

A tiki exotica version of Pink Floyd’s “Dark Side of the Moon.” It’s actually quite good.

You always have such interesting music references.  I found Suave Side of the Moon on YouTube and listened to the first song (Speak to me/Breathe).  I'll definitely be listening to the entire play list.  As a Pink Floyd fan, it's a great listen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

You always have such interesting music references.  I found Suave Side of the Moon on YouTube and listened to the first song (Speak to me/Breathe).  I'll definitely be listening to the entire play list.  As a Pink Floyd fan, it's a great listen.

Yea it’s fun. As a Floyd fan myself you can’t beat the original but this is a fun take. I like all kinds of music.

45 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

I’ll be honest, I struggle to make it through the four diamond drinks per day so I am not that knowledgeable about whiskey/bourbon. Here’s the menu from Blue Moon on Deck 14. Which may just confirm that I don’t know much…

IMG_2177.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ch175 said:

I’ll be honest, I struggle to make it through the four diamond drinks per day so I am not that knowledgeable about whiskey/bourbon. Here’s the menu from Blue Moon on Deck 14. Which may just confirm that I don’t know much…

IMG_2177.jpeg

Awesome, thanks for that.  If they have all of that next week, it won't be all bad.

33 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

As a Floyd fan myself you can’t beat the original but this is a fun take. I like all kinds of music.

Shine On You Crazy Diamond is a top 10 song of all-time for me, maybe top 5.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Now let’s get you to the hotel, with a room. 🤞

Hope you have better luck on a hotel room then you have last time. Hope you booked direct with hotel and not through a 3rd party.

• Like 4