🐾 🐾  Sea Dog gets Wet, a "Soggy Adventure LIVE" 10-21-23

Sea Dog

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

As many of you know I am an obsessive over planner. I’m realistic that things can change and you do have to go with the flow but I like things organized and I like to see the big picture. I apparently have the same gene that our beloved @singinalot has in pre planning and organization. She does this nifty spreadsheet that I also adopted and helps me guide through the week. We’ve got a 3 night dining package so I looked at the menus for the MDR and saw which nights we want to eat there and what nights for specialty restaurants. Linda does not like sushi so I booked a sushi and sake lunch for me but leaves us with two specialty restaurants. So one we will eat twice at.

AdventureItinerary.thumb.jpeg.b49809dec559fbc5bbb819e30b51a21a.jpeg

Tell Linda she can get either Beef or Chicken Teriyaki, she does not have to have sushi. Just have  her order ala carte and she can enjoy the lunch with you. Doesn't matter if you just reserved for one. They only have tables for 2 so have her just go with you, I'm sure they can seat you both with no problem.

We enjoyed Izumi last month on Jewel. We went 3 times. 🙂 So  good!

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Tell Linda she can get either Beef or Chicken Teriyaki, she does not have to have sushi. Just have  her order ala carte and she can enjoy the lunch with you. Doesn't matter if you just reserved for one. They only have tables for 2 so have her just go with you, I'm sure they can seat you both with no problem.

We enjoyed Izumi last month on Jewel. We went 3 times. 🙂 So  good!

Thanks I’ll let her know. Love Izumi.

• Like 1

Cruising With Cocktails!

IMG_2392.thumb.jpeg.9138192c279b6d5d303b08b022ee1b95.jpeg

One of the things Linda and I do every Friday night is “Cruising With Cocktails” where we watch the latest episode of the Below Deck series on Bravo. Most people who know us know we are big fans of the show even if it is reality based. The yachts, the locations, the food are all things we love about cruising. The drama not so much.

Tonight since it’s our Anniversary and the night before we leave for Fort Lauderdale let’s make it special. As much as I hated to, I had a little left in my favorite bourbon of all time, the highly coveted, heavily allocated “Old Rip Van Winkle 10 year.” Luckily yes, I did pay MSRP for this and yes I was fortunate to have a friend who owns a liquor store. I’m sad that this bottle is now empty but so happy to have it kick off our amazing cruise on Adventure of the Seas.

Larry @Husky1987 this one is for you!!! Looking forward to drinking and talking some bourbon with you on Adventure .

Cheers everyone! Thank you all for following along. Tomorrow is go day as we head to the airport. 

• Like 24

24 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

@Sea Dog Forgot to mention we also did the sushi class which was alot of fun. Everything you make you also get to eat.

Started with this:

20230924_082850.jpg

And ended up  with all this.

20230924_090545.jpg

20230924_090539.jpg

I’ve always wanted to take that class. I’ll be interested in reviewing the Sushi and Sake lunch. Stay tuned. Thanks for following along.

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

4 pages in less than 12 hours later...going to be hard keeping up with this one.

Happy anniversay I'll be along for the ride.  We'll be on Adventure for our first time gor NYE next year.

Thanks for following Ken. You will like Adventure.

1 minute ago, Husky1987 said:

Can't wait!  So jealous of the Pappy....that's a unicorn!!!

I knew you would appreciate it. I will have to see how long it takes to score another bottle.

• Like 1

Looking forward to your review also. My dh and I will be on the Adventure next month. I'm especially interested to hear your Crown Lounge happy hour experience.

Happy anniversary!

Mary

Edited by Mary&Jim
Typo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mary&Jim said:

I'm especially interested to hear your Crown Lounge happy hour experience.

Mary

Yes me too. Our first experience as Diamonds on the Bella Cruise was in the music hall so it did not feel intimate as in the crown lounge. Hopefully they will not restrict us as we are low Diamond members.😆

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes me too. Our first experience as Diamonds on the Bella Cruise was in the music hall so it did not feel intimate as in the crown lounge. Hopefully they will not restrict us as we are low Diamond members.😆

Enjoy the CL. Good location on the Adventure.  Always our pre supper hangout (5 to 5:45) for a couple of drinks and a snack. 🍻

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, doghog said:

Enjoy the CL. Good location on the Adventure.  Always our pre supper hangout (5 to 5:45) for a couple of drinks and a snack. 🍻

That’s actually what we are looking forward to. A pre dinner happy hour with appetizers. Plus it  will be with our Cruise Critic friends to socialize with. If you’ve never have been on a Bella Cruise with John and Laura it’s the best time ever.

• Like 7

3:30 AM, EST and here I am with my first coffee, reading CC 🙂.  I had my alarm set for 4:30 AM but couldn’t sleep.  We fly out of Boston Logan airport at 11:15 am today.  Since it’s a workday it would be tough to have one of our kids drive us up there so we’re taking the train.  We haven’t done this before, so we’re giving ourselves plenty of time for any snafus. Hopefully I can doze during the flight 😵‍💫.  

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

3:30 AM, EST and here I am with my first coffee, reading CC 🙂.  I had my alarm set for 4:30 AM but couldn’t sleep.  We fly out of Boston Logan airport at 11:15 am today.  Since it’s a workday it would be tough to have one of our kids drive us up there so we’re taking the train.  We haven’t done this before, so we’re giving ourselves plenty of time for any snafus. Hopefully I can doze during the flight 😵‍💫.  

I know you told me once why you chose to fly from Boston but I can't remember the reason. The next time I fly out of Boston I might consider the train. Logan parking is expensive. You just never know what is going to happen with Amtrak. When it works it's fine but I've had my share of issues riding the trains.

Anyway, have a great trip. Is is going to start raining here tomorrow during our football game and continue until Sunday morning🙄

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

Won Ton soup. Tempura shrimp. I don't eat sushi. Or teriyaki, as previously mentioned. 

I've had the tempura shrimp and vegetables. I think 1 shrimp, 1 huge onion ring, etc. 1 of each veggie but worth trying. 

I did the won ton soup also, and also had the 5 pork dumplings or whatever they call them. 5 was very filling for me. I did the poke bowl which I loved. Not usually a fan of stuff in bowls, but this was so good. I was so so on their sushi. Tried quite a few kinds. Nothing quite right, too spicy or too bland. I'm trying sasimi next time. I did a double bowl of poke last time so that was enough raw that time. 1 more month and I'll be trying it again. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Hello friends It’s time for another Sea Dog review and it's going to be live. This time we will be on Adventure of the Seas which has a special memory for Linda and I as it was our first Royal Caribbean ship and cruise for our 20th wedding anniversary in 2017. We sailed from San Juan a week after Hurricane Maria. When we flew into the airport it had no air conditioning and was on emergency generators.

IMG_3061.thumb.JPG.57f30acf834b79ac82f0f157a9af802f.JPG

IMG_3063.thumb.JPG.21c3b375dc0aed681afeb8abc6939272.JPG

We celebrate our anniversary by always cruising in October around our date October 18th. 

IMG_2386.thumb.jpeg.4ea7469c3661d363b39d727471f5897c.jpeg

Note: Happy Anniversary to my dear wife today! This year the dates did not align as much as we wanted them to but boy the itinerary sure did. 

As with any Sea Dog review I love to tell stories and I love movies. So let's get this story started with a trailer. Let's hype this cruise up.

Our cruise is a 7 night Eastern Caribbean with one stop that I have been trying to book for over 5 years, Tortola. I had a cruise booked there in 2021 and you know what happened?…💥 boom…..a pandemic….all cruises cancelled. I was heartbroken. Fast forward and now I have this one booked. I have always wanted to visit the BVI with its beautiful islands, crystal clear water and white sandy beaches. While in Tortola what better way to see all these things than take an excursion to Jost Van Dyke and White Bay home of the famous beach bar The Soggy Dollar. More about that later as it it took a very unexpected turn.

IMG_1146.thumb.JPG.8d66d0e116a5d7e9c1b786f15be8d51c.JPG

So who’s with me? My lovely wife Linda, Mrs. Sea Dog and some dear Cruise Critic friends, some of which were on the infamous "Bella Cruise" that was so "EPIC," including @jmh2006, Jennifer and Dave, @Husky1987, Larry and Andi, @Momof3gurlz Deb and Andy and @Mo&Fran, Francis and his wife who are doing B2B2B and have already been on board for week, will be along for the fun. This is a great group and we enjoy being together for fun and cruising. We just turned Diamond on our last cruise in March so I will be excited to visit the Diamond Club for Happy Hour (** if we are now still allowed) and take advantage of some of the perks even though we always buy the drink package. We also purchased a 3 night dining package.

So permission is granted for you to come aboard. Join us and as always Cheers!

Happy Anniversary to you both.  Deb and I are at the tail end of a year long celebration of our 35th Anniversary!!

looking forward to this adventure!!

• Like 5