🐾 🐾  Sea Dog gets Wet, a "Soggy Adventure LIVE" 10-21-23

Sea Dog

19 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I made a itinerary video of our travels. Take a look to see where we are going.

Itinerary consists of:

Adventure of the Seas leaving Fort Lauderdale 

Day 1 Sat. Ft. Lauderdale Departs 4pm

Day 2 Sun. Cruising

Day 3 Mon. Cruising

Day 4 Tues. St. Croix, USVI 8am-5pm  Excursion: Buccaneer Beach Resort Break   

Day 5 Wed. Tortola BVI 7am-3pm   Excursion: Escape to Jost Van Dyke

Day 6 Thurs. Cruising Day 7 Fri. Perfect Day 10am-5pm   Excursion: Coco Cay Beach Club 

Day 8 Sat. Ft. Lauderdale Arrive 7am

For me this is perfect. I love sea days. It combines the right amount of ports and cruising and makes for a very relaxing time. And I need to relax for what’s in store for me. Because right after I get back I’m to have another total knee replacement. 

IMG_7883.thumb.jpeg.fe1a5721f12b9bf8b05a8b9239831dd1.jpeg

IMG_7973.thumb.jpeg.a5bdd0c03f08778ed8e32b33b6547bf6.jpeg

I had my right knee done in 2021 it was not fun to say the least. I tried to kick the can down the road with injections on my left knee but a recent MRI showed, torn meniscus, torn ACL, severe arthritis, bone spurs and a baker’s cyst. The knee is toast. Hopefully after receiving a gel injection a month ago it will give me relief through this cruise. Fingers are crossed.

AdvDec-88512-1561822290.jpg.5767d412313952a1977cdd442981a854.jpg

I’m sorry for anyone who wanted me to play basketball on the sports deck. I do my best dribbling out of the side of my mouth.

Great Video

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mary&Jim said:

Looking forward to your review also. My dh and I will be on the Adventure next month. I'm especially interested to hear your Crown Lounge happy hour experience.

Happy anniversary!

Mary

Diamond lounge is still the DL on 14  (Leonardo is the concierge x 3811) and is open to D and up). The Suite lounge is impressive, Maria is the concierge (x 3812)

and is open to Pinn's. It is large with outside seating areas.

We were not there during HH.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I know you told me once why you chose to fly from Boston but I can't remember the reason. The next time I fly out of Boston I might consider the train. Logan parking is expensive. You just never know what is going to happen with Amtrak. When it works it's fine but I've had my share of issues riding the trains.

Anyway, have a great trip. Is is going to start raining here tomorrow during our football game and continue until Sunday morning🙄

As you know, flight options between TF Green and FLL are not great, especially this time of year when JetBlue isn’t running that early am flight down.  So Boston it is. Flights were a bit cheaper too.  We caught the “T” commuter rail right across from TF Green.  Takes us to South Station where we can either transfer to an airport dedicated bus or take Uber/Lyft.  We’re going to do Uber/Lyft.  The cost is $12.75 each way, $6.75 for me (senior rate).  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

As much as I hated to, I had a little left in my favorite bourbon of all time, the highly coveted, heavily allocated “Old Rip Van Winkle 10 year.”

Sad indeed that he's gone, but a pre-cruise drink is a good reason to finish him off.  Maybe now you can replace him with his big brother??  Unless your buddy can hook you up though, that would probably cost as much as a cruise.  Maybe his slightly older cousin Weller instead.  That's still my all-time favorite, although I've never tasted any of the Pappy family.  I hope you have a good selection on board.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

As many of you know I am an obsessive over planner.

I'm the same! I like this spreadsheet. Mine so far have been horizontal, I need to try this version - especially if I ever go on a cruise longer than 7 days! I also add what other ships will be in port with me 🙂

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

So Boston it is. Flights were a bit cheaper too. 

Deb, we fly out of Boston next Wednesday to Spain for our TransAtlantic cruise.

I'm sure (know) You & Andy will have a great time with Greg & Linda reminiscing about the Bella Cruise.

Bon Voyage.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sad indeed that he's gone, but a pre-cruise drink is a good reason to finish him off.  Maybe now you can replace him with his big brother??  Unless your buddy can hook you up though, that would probably cost as much as a cruise.  Maybe his slightly older cousin Weller instead.  That's still my all-time favorite, although I've never tasted any of the Pappy family.  I hope you have a good selection on board.

Which Weller is your fave?  I had a pour each of the 107 and Full Proof at a bar in Stillwater OK a couple weeks ago.  Both were really good, the 107 hit me just a little bit better.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We will be on Beyond in April for our first Celebrity cruise. We are really looking forward to that one. 

I was on the Beyond in April and it's one of my favourite ships I've been on. The shows were incredible and I recommend not missing them if that's the kind of thing you enjoy. If you plan on eating in specialty restaurants, I have nothing but good things to say about the Eden restaurant and sometimes I find myself just daydreaming about the lobster.

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Hardest part leaving on a cruise is always leaving our children. 

Your fur babies are so adorable! I just can't handle their little faces 😍

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

3:30 AM, EST and here I am with my first coffee, reading CC 🙂.  I had my alarm set for 4:30 AM but couldn’t sleep.  We fly out of Boston Logan airport at 11:15 am today.  Since it’s a workday it would be tough to have one of our kids drive us up there so we’re taking the train.  We haven’t done this before, so we’re giving ourselves plenty of time for any snafus. Hopefully I can doze during the flight 😵‍💫.  

Safe travels wished for you.

2 hours ago, Dadof3gurlz said:

Happy Anniversary to you both.  Deb and I are at the tail end of a year long celebration of our 35th Anniversary!!

looking forward to this adventure!!

Thank you Andy!

2 hours ago, Dadof3gurlz said:

Great Video

Thanks, I try.

2 hours ago, mo&fran said:

On the weather front, Tammy is now projected to be further east now, should be less a factor.

very good news

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

money can only hope.

1 hour ago, cruisingpeople said:

Deb, we fly out of Boston next Wednesday to Spain for our TransAtlantic cruise.

I'm sure (know) You & Andy will have a great time with Greg & Linda reminiscing about the Bella Cruise.

Bon Voyage.

We just returned from Europe and Med cruise on 10/9.  Hope you have a great trip and safe travels!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We just returned from Europe and Med cruise on 10/9.  Hope you have a great trip and safe travels!

Thanks. We saw your pictures from LaSagrada Familia and thought they were wonderful. We are arriving 3 days before the cruise and will be visiting there on Friday.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Husky1987 said:

Which Weller is your fave?  I had a pour each of the 107 and Full Proof at a bar in Stillwater OK a couple weeks ago.  Both were really good, the 107 hit me just a little bit better.

Weller 12.  $22 a pour at a hotel bar in Seattle.  Worth every penny (twice).  I haven't tried the 107 so I can't compare.

19 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Morning grape juice 😉IMG_0172.thumb.jpeg.6e5502a432cda80a53f5036cd66cfec9.jpeg

I usually go with "tomato juice" rather than grape juice. 😜

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

3:30 AM, EST and here I am with my first coffee, reading CC 🙂.  I had my alarm set for 4:30 AM but couldn’t sleep.  We fly out of Boston Logan airport at 11:15 am today.  Since it’s a workday it would be tough to have one of our kids drive us up there so we’re taking the train.  We haven’t done this before, so we’re giving ourselves plenty of time for any snafus. Hopefully I can doze during the flight 😵‍💫.  

Hope you and Andy have a fantastic time.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Anyway, have a great trip. Is is going to start raining here tomorrow during our football game and continue until Sunday morning🙄

Rain expected here tomorrow. 😔 Homecoming Game.

4 hours ago, Dadof3gurlz said:

Happy Anniversary to you both.  Deb and I are at the tail end of a year long celebration of our 35th Anniversary!!

looking forward to this adventure!!

Have a great time, Andy!!  How did the train work out for you this morning?  Hopefully you and Deb are on the plane right now for your great "Adventure"!  Have a great time with all of our pals onboard.

• Like 2