Silhouette Delayed Boarding

PGI GUY

11 hours ago, gerelmx said:

Southampton port schedule has been updated arrival Sunday 10 PM, Departure Monday 4PM

Any news from the Silhouette?

I would be more inclined to follow this. All sorts of factors including other port traffic, pilotage availability, berthing crew etc. Doesn't mean that a ship can just rock up and get immediate attention! Given the uncertainty I fail to see why Celebrity doesn't make a call now and allow passengers to stay on board till early morning, that way everyone knows what they are dealing with including those boarding for the TA. Are they serious about dumping passengers on shore Sunday night to find own accommodation?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

I would be more inclined to follow this. All sorts of factors including other port traffic, pilotage availability, berthing crew etc. Doesn't mean that a ship can just rock up and get immediate attention! Given the uncertainty I fail to see why Celebrity doesn't make a call now and allow passengers to stay on board till early morning, that way everyone knows what they are dealing with including those boarding for the TA. Are they serious about dumping passengers on shore Sunday night to find own accommodation?

This exactly!

Celebrity have promised more details by noon UK time today and I’ll be hoping for a  Monday departure rather than any possibility of sitting in the terminal building for hours late at night waiting to board.

That, I assume, would also assist many passengers currently on board who would not need to leave the ship immediately after what is likely to be a rough crossing of the BoB and into Southampton.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigAl94 said:

Sunday is typically the cheapest night in Southampton.

As soon as there was a likely delay would  book a refundable.

Vacancies in hotels 10-15min walk(11am Sat)

Refundable(noon sunday) short taxi  available for £45

Just received info from Celebrity.

Ship will arrive Southampton Sunday evening between 6-7 PM.

Embarkation passengers have two options:

1. Board the ship between 11PM Sunday evening and 1AM Monday.

2.  Board the ship between 7 AM and 10:30 AM Monday.

Port call in the azores  will be skipped.

Celebrity will reimburse up to $200 pounds for hotel.

Onboard credit equal to I day of cruise.

Email did not contain info on Disembarkation in Southampton.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dlretired said:

Just received info from Celebrity.

Ship will arrive Southampton Sunday evening between 6-7 PM.

Embarkation passengers have two options:

1. Board the ship between 11PM Sunday evening and 1AM Monday.

2.  Board the ship between 7 AM and 10:30 AM Monday.

Port call in the azores  will be skipped.

Celebrity will reimburse up to $200 pounds for hotel.

Onboard credit equal to I day of cruise.

Email did not contain info on Disembarkation in Southampton.

If X will allow embarkation The Sunday at 11PM, it means that passengers onboard will disembark immediately upon arriving in Southampton

Edited by gerelmx

1 hour ago, barbarapga said:

Well those of us who paid $95 for scheduled coach transfer LHR to Southampton port are SOL. 
NO transfer. Funds refunded to credit card. Passengers are on their own.  Thanks Celebrity 

Know your disappointment,  I would not be surprised if all passengers receive a FCC in the amount of one days room rate.

We were on a TA that had to divert around a huge storm and put us in a day late and shifted all ports by one day.   The next port was NYC and many had tickets for Saturday night for Hamilton.   Sunday was Black so no theaters and they were all out of luck.    They issued FCC's to everyone.

Had that happens 2 or 3 other times.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Know your disappointment,  I would not be surprised if all passengers receive a FCC in the amount of one days room rate.

We were on a TA that had to divert around a huge storm and put us in a day late and shifted all ports by one day.   The next port was NYC and many had tickets for Saturday night for Hamilton.   Sunday was Black so no theaters and they were all out of luck.    They issued FCC's to everyone.

I was also on that cruise. Balcony furniture was tied down. Lots of rocking and rolling. But enjoyable!

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Remember that TA. As they say “ship” happens. Cheers…

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, barbarapga said:

I was also on that cruise. Balcony furniture was tied down. Lots of rocking and rolling. But enjoyable!

Yea our furniture was tied down until Boston.    I loved the overnight in Manhattan 

Continue transfer saga. 
Printed documents 
Meet at 9:30 T3 October 22

Saturday phone call to Celebrity office. Dept. dealing with Silhouette emergency hadn’t considered transfer. Back and forth with Coach company. Answer from agent “Transfer is canceled. Refund to credit card”

Extended hotel for another night. 
Booked private transport. 
Just now 10:15 walked to T2 for cappuccino. 
  3 People holding “Celebrity Silhouette “ signs!!

They knew nothing of cancellation. Will transport to Southampton. Shuttle to mall. 
Can board ship at 11:00

1 hour ago, vhojm said:

She's going at 25kts now, dont think I've ever seen a Celebrity ship go that fast

Marine traffic/myship  have seen close to 24knt

Might look close but after picking up pilot off Portsmouth it's a couple of hours to get through the solent past the isle of white.

Should get good views of the 3 departing ships due out 16:00 and 15:30

Good web cams and chat of Southampton ship activity.

https://youtube.com/@SolentShips?si=oc6VAruzCnNUutfZ