Go Green Question

lv2cruisgrl

If you do Go Green, you choose if you want the morning make up service, or night time turn down service.  I suppose you could ask for x-tra towels at either option, but not sure you would get them.  Yes...you will receive the equivalent of one x-tra days points for the cabin you have chosen.

We have done Go Green. You do not choose morning or evening service. The evening service is a “light” pick up. Basically turn down service and freshen up towels. It is not a full vacuuming and wipe down as in the morning. We have never noticed a difference with or without the go green option. 

• Like 6

Here is what it says:

Current Housekeeping service consists of twice full daily cleaning and sanitization services; morning and evening.

The Go Green program provides a full daily cleaning and sanitation service.

The night touch service will provide a turndown of down of the bed, adjustment to room ambience, removal of garbage, and organization of guest items –making the stateroom and the bathroom neat with a personalized touch. "With Go Green, the guest will specify a preferred time for their housekeeping services."

Edited by lv2cruisgrl

47 minutes ago, lv2cruisgrl said:

We received an email asking if we want to sign up for the Go Green option for our November Beyond cruise. If we did we would get extra points. Has anyone done this and if so will they change out the towels in the evening if needed?

This thread is from all the way, a week ago. 

• Thanks 1

We do Go Green on every cruise and really don’t notice a difference. They will still replace towels on the floor. You still get turn down service. I understand they just might not vacuum twice a day or do a full cleaning twice a day but neither of those things will be noticeable unless you really make a mess of your room repeatedly.

Edited by prmssk
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, long time lurker said:

We have done Go Green. You do not choose morning or evening service. The evening service is a “light” pick up. Basically turn down service and freshen up towels. It is not a full vacuuming and wipe down as in the morning. We have never noticed a difference with or without the go green option. 

I do go green on every cruise and I do choose whether I want morning or evening service. My choices evening service, and they do not come into my room in the morning at all.

• Thanks 1

We’ve signed up for go green for every cruise we’ve taken since the program started. No one has ever asked when we wanted our room to be serviced. It’s always been serviced at some point between breakfast and lunch. We get turn down and towels if needed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lv2cruisgrl said:

We received an email asking if we want to sign up for the Go Green option for our November Beyond cruise. If we did we would get extra points. Has anyone done this and if so will they change out the towels in the evening if needed?

Yes, they will change out your towels that are on the floor.  Even without GoGreen, if you hang your used towels up they'll leave them.  You won't notice a difference in service

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 2flacruisers said:

If you do Go Green, you choose if you want the morning make up service, or night time turn down service.  I suppose you could ask for x-tra towels at either option, but not sure you would get them.  Yes...you will receive the equivalent of one x-tra days points for the cabin you have chosen.

Only what is highlighted is accurate

23 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Yes...you will receive the equivalent of one x-tra days points for the cabin you have chosen.

Just check that you get them.

I Didn’t and had to contact CelebrityCruises Captain’s Club.

They were added quickly.

• Like 2