Allure of the Seas Suite Lounge Question

SuzD123

It has been more than "a minute" since we last sailed.  In fact, we returned from our last cruise in Feb 2020 only days before the COVID19 lockdown took effect that changed everyone's lives.  Anyway, things have stabilized in our personal world now (work & family) to the point we are finally able to step back on board.  So we are trying to recreate our last adventure...same ship (Allure of the Seas) and same cabin (Crown Loft Suite).  There is one question though...since it has been couple years and things change.  We love the location of the CLS and the convenience and privacy of things...suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen.

Now for the question...we know breakfast and a "happy hour" are available in the suite longe during designated hours and the lounge itself is open 24-hours...the last time we sailed limited beverages (i.e., beer, wine, soda...) were available between 11:30-1:00.  Is that still the case?  We haven't been able to find any RECENT confirmation of this online and realize that this may have changed.  We're just curious what to expect and hoping to hear from anyone who has a more recent Allure suite guest experience.

Thank you in advance!

26 minutes ago, SuzD123 said:

Thank you!  That is what we wanted/needed to know.  Much appreciated.

Because of the shutdown, Allure had to skip being “amped”, so she will still be the same as when you sailed on her in 2020.

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Because of the shutdown, Allure had to skip being “amped”, so she will still be the same as when you sailed on her in 2020.

Yes, leaving in place the best Diamond Lounge in the fleet with a great view of the Boardwalk and the Zipline.

• Like 4

Hi, total cruise newbie here and also going with family on our very first cruise in couple weeks on the Allure in CLS #1728!

Couple questions I had in addition to what OP asked (very helpful) is what till what time does the Coastal Kitchen stay open for dinner (cant find clear information on sample cruise compass's found for this ship)? 

Secondly does the coastal kitchen open for lunch on embarkation day and also on the day we are at the perfect day island (in case we want something more substantial than what seems to be basic burgers/hot dogs served on island unless we pay for the expensive beach club!)?

Thanks for the responses!   Found the hours and daily menu after installing app which thought would only be available after starting the trip!

Another couple dumb questions I have.

1. Does CK usually allow us in if we come at almost last minute for dinner, such as just after a show ends at 8:45 when CK closes at 9

2. If the menu options aren't too our liking could we request items not on the menu such as what's in the MDR?  Otherwise may consider a specialty on such days

Thanks!

52 minutes ago, KLMB said:

Maybe this will help, just got off Oasis and coastal kitchen was open for lunch on both days.  Allure should be the same???

Thanks!  As per menu on CK's menu on the perfect "day" see lunch options like shrimp risotto & steak fries, definitely better than the island's free offerings.  Guess would be 1 or 2 hours of time back on the ship that day while docked!

13 hours ago, yogimax said:

We'll be on Oasis tomorrow.  We'll see if we have been "upgraded" to Crown🙂 or will have to hang out in the lowly Diamond Lounge.

My sister is on Allure next month on the 3rd.  Will check if she notices it as well.  

Please check back here on your findings, and have a fantabulous cruise!  🙂 

21 hours ago, njdealguy said:

Thanks!  As per menu on CK's menu on the perfect "day" see lunch options like shrimp risotto & steak fries, definitely better than the island's free offerings.  Guess would be 1 or 2 hours of time back on the ship that day while docked!

I loved the free offerings. Only place to get that funnel cake. There is also a free buffet, in addition to the 2 snack shacks. 

Dont miss the free tram if you get off at coco cay. Its huge and a lot to walk. 

Edited by firefly333

1 hour ago, island lady said:

My sister is on Allure next month on the 3rd.  Will check if she notices it as well.  

Please check back here on your findings, and have a fantabulous cruise!  🙂 

Thanks!  Oasis and Allure... two of my favorite ships.

Just now, yogimax said:

Thanks!  Oasis and Allure... two of my favorite ships.

Indeed I prefer the layout in CK/SL better than the newer sisters.  🙂  

And keeping the DL (now Crown Lounge) on deck 11 is a bonus on Allure.  

14 minutes ago, island lady said:

Indeed I prefer the layout in CK/SL better than the newer sisters.  🙂  

And keeping the DL (now Crown Lounge) on deck 11 is a bonus on Allure.  

Crown Lounge on Allure is best in the fleet.  I remember when they actually served a hot lunch there from a menu with complimentary wine.  Ah, those were indeed the days.

I assume that lounge will be a thing of the past when she goes to dry dock.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Crown Lounge on Allure is best in the fleet.  I remember when they actually served a hot lunch there from a menu with complimentary wine.  Ah, those were indeed the days.

I assume that lounge will be a thing of the past when she goes to dry dock.

Oh the good old days for sure!   Limited selection, hot breakfast and lunch (with wine/beer) in the Concierge Lounge (as it was at that time) on deck 11.  Never crowded, always a pleasure and good service.  They later changed it to the DL...now back to CL...sort of.  😉 

Indeed sadly, that was the plan all along until Covid hit.  She was due to be amped, putting the DL in the bilge.  And most likely will still be done at some point.  I wonder if they will still plan on putting Wonderland in that spot as other Oasis sisters?  

23 hours ago, island lady said:

Oh the good old days for sure!   Limited selection, hot breakfast and lunch (with wine/beer) in the Concierge Lounge (as it was at that time) on deck 11.  Never crowded, always a pleasure and good service.  They later changed it to the DL...now back to CL...sort of.  😉 

Indeed sadly, that was the plan all along until Covid hit.  She was due to be amped, putting the DL in the bilge.  And most likely will still be done at some point.  I wonder if they will still plan on putting Wonderland in that spot as other Oasis sisters?  

Remember the good olds days also. All gone with the free upgrades for Pinnacles and Diamond plus, Free bridge and kitchen tours, meal with and officers. Saw another post  and think we will be sharing the same ships in this month and later. Also sorry to hear passing of your Fur Babies. We were also in the short  cruises mode until our  Cocker crossed the rainbow Bridge.  Bob & Nancy

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, villager70 said:

Remember the good olds days also. All gone with the free upgrades for Pinnacles and Diamond plus, Free bridge and kitchen tours, meal with and officers. Saw another post  and think we will be sharing the same ships in this month and later. Also sorry to hear passing of your Fur Babies. We were also in the short  cruises mode until our  Cocker crossed the rainbow Bridge.  Bob & Nancy

So sorry to hear about your Cocker.  I love that breed of dog...so loving they are!  

It's been going on 5 years now since we lost the 2nd fur baby so soon after the first, both super lovey brown Tabbies.  Katie was my Angel Baby and I still tear up at times and dream of her.  They both were taken down by the demon Cancer. 

Agree...when you really think about all the changes with RCI (and they are not for the better), we have lost a lot of small perks we had grown accustom to.  Though we still enjoy the "Cheers with an officer".  And I can't blame the officers for not wanting to sit with us old folks through a long lunch anyway.  😄