Changing Names in Cabin Question

Sarcastic Mama

My question is 2 parts - We have 3 cabins under one booking. My son, his wife, and one of their friends were in one of the cabins.  However, they are not going to be able to come.  My daughter in law is pregnant and due 2 months before we cruise. How hard is it to change the people in the cabin?  We were going to cancel the cabin, but my husbands sister and family are thinking of going.

Second part - If my sister in law opts out, can I move my daughter and her friend into the room, they will both be 23. We have 3 balcony cabins in a row on the Jubilee for June, so I have some time before final payment is due.

Thanks for the help!  🙂

With your Daughter in Law's pregnancy she would actually not be able to cruise past 26 weeks. That may be in your favor for switching guests and might give you some lee way around the fees normally associated with switching or cancellation if you call and explain the cruise was booked before she found out about the pregnancy. 

10 minutes ago, Hatch54 said:

With your Daughter in Law's pregnancy she would actually not be able to cruise past 26 weeks. That may be in your favor for switching guests and might give you some lee way around the fees normally associated with switching or cancellation if you call and explain the cruise was booked before she found out about the pregnancy. 

That's not true, Carnival will still charge fees.

The baby will be born 2 months before the cruise. There is no medical reason why she can't sail.

Edited by mz-s
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, mz-s said:

The baby will be born 2 months before the cruise. There is no medical reason why she can't sail.

Your absolutely right, I misread the initial post as due 2 months after the cruise. Sorry about that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hatch54 said:

Your absolutely right, I misread the initial post as due 2 months after the cruise. Sorry about that.

Even if the mother would be pregnant during the cruise, my guess is Carnival would still charge fees and refer them to their travel insurance for recourse. Carnival has really tightened up on goodwill credits and waived fees since the COVID emergency is over.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hatch54 said:

She said her daughter would have delivered before they sail

23 hours ago, mz-s said:

We traveled without our kids several times (even leaving a 6 week old with grandparents for 2 nights), but most parents wouldn’t feel comfortable leaving a 2 month old home for a week when they’re not able to immediately head for home in an emergency. 

10 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

We traveled without our kids several times (even leaving a 6 week old with grandparents for 2 nights), but most parents wouldn’t feel comfortable leaving a 2 month old home for a week when they’re not able to immediately head for home in an emergency. 

And I agree, I wouldn't want to be separated from my infant either. But that's not a reason to get out of cancellation fees is all I'm saying. I doubt travel insurance would reimburse either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

And I agree, I wouldn't want to be separated from my infant either. But that's not a reason to get out of cancellation fees is all I'm saying. I doubt travel insurance would reimburse either.

Oh absolutely! And being unable to cruise even while still pregnant wouldn’t be a valid reason for cancellation either. 

• Like 1