LIVE Norwaylady sails on Edge World Cruise from Rome to Singapore 30.10 to 25.11.23 , 26.night

Norwaylady

51 minutes ago, Norwaylady said:

Today’s canapés had arrived when we returned to our stateroom:

What are the pink squares on the top right?

Have you ever asked for crackers and cheese instead of the daily option?

16 minutes ago, theopup said:

What are the pink squares on the top right?

Have you ever asked for crackers and cheese instead of the daily option?

it’s a marshmallow thing… taste strawberry 🍓 according to Mr. 
I don’t like marshmallows or smears😝😅 

We haven’t asked… 

Personally I would preferred a fruit plate🍉  (I’m not sure if they will accept the request… and since I’m allergic to 🍍🍍 it makes it’s more difficult to fix it easy. Since they can’t just take a plate from the room service stack for breakfast)

I really enjoy cheese. I grew up in a family that really enjoy cheese. And we had premium quality, due to chefs in family.

So I am a bit picky on quality… My experience is that X and royal are getting beaten hard by MSC on the cheese selection onboard 😵‍💫

I do have a look of the cheese offered in OceanView every sailing. 
On Sil during the Easter they were offering a really good blue cheese. (Probably needed to downsize stock😅 but this was a premium cheese)

So then I enjoyed some😋 Mr was also impressed that they did have it😋

He likes cheese, but is less picky then me😂😂😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Norwaylady said:

it’s a marshmallow thing… taste strawberry 🍓 according to Mr. 
I don’t like marshmallows or smears😝😅 

That is not something we would eat or enjoy at all.

I think I will ask for changing these daily offerings to cheese and crackers, as I have seem some comments on CC stating this could be done.

I am with you Norwaylady and really enjoy a nice cheese selection ( especially with a glass of wine)

Enjoy the rest of your day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

ACS Custom

https://www.acscustom.com/uk/

I order them home in Norway and they have partners to do the in-ear replica. Since they are fitted for your 👂🏻
You can decide colour, clear, in-ear sound, industrial use etc. 

Thanks. In Texas so will see if they have partners here.

13 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

it’s very boring and limited. So 2 weak dinner sets after each other…. 

Hopefully the new sets will be better

Don't hold your breath.   Usually the exact same menus  - Sometimes they throw in some off menu specials.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Don't hold your breath.   Usually the exact same menus  - Sometimes they throw in some off menu specials.

I don’t believe in miracles😂

They say it will change for the better… so fingers crossed😅

So as we were getting ready for the evening, they called from guest service. 

They needed to know if we are getting off in Dubai for private events for the day or if we would stay onboard on turnaround day. (Yes housekeeping, you have plenty of time to prepare our new stateroom)

We have plans, so we will be out and about😉 (you know… maybe a pair of new shoes😂😂😆) 

Tonight’s show is production show Feel the funk.

IMG_0186.thumb.jpeg.0fd7cc1383eed1058220a05c54d2b16f.jpeg

IMG_0192.thumb.jpeg.f25fb6d2edc2486663b61ac73c73505c.jpeg

IMG_0198.thumb.jpeg.65a8296ddd733ed6619ddb40a085cb14.jpeg

Charlie Gitarre 🎸 had the “warm” up session in grand foyer. He is really waking the ship up in mood🎶🎶

Great show, the orchestra onboard really works for their money🤩🎶 (they have played almost every evening in the theatre) They are very 👍🏻 

The Edge cast is really on the ball, so ladies and gentlemen, you will have a blast the next months🎶🎵🥳 

After the show we had a pre dinner cocktail in grand foyer🍹

The house band Kuta deliver every day live music for everyone around the ship🎵👍🏻

I must say we are very spoiled on live music from lots of great musicians onboard💙🎶💙

We don’t dance (I’m married to a broomstick 🧹) 

One and only was Waltz in our wedding😂😂 (believe me, I had to drag him for lessons by a private teacher😂😂even the teacher was 🤯🤯🤯😅) 

Tonight’s dinner was in Cyprus. 

We were seated in same sone as the last 2 visits, but Mr asked to be moved after seating…

It’s nothing to do by service from servers. They have delivered excellent service. 

It was the location of the table. 

Squeezed in…. (As the halfway meal in Cosmopolitan earlier) So Mr took action to avoid this issue. 

We moved to a window table instead. Not boxed in and a little more room🙂

Tonight’s service team: 

IMG_0214.thumb.jpeg.07b24247dabe69127e5f63f0294f55d2.jpeg

Menu:

IMG_0212.thumb.jpeg.0f600ff83b07ae5a61315f3db3ed23a2.jpeg

IMG_0213.thumb.jpeg.e6b5c7461f4ef334f9c2e92c8e67485d.jpeg

Mr went for shrimp, mesclun green and Coq au vin. 

IMG_0216.thumb.jpeg.e5bf18848e1394e69f64764e32ad50e3.jpeg

IMG_0218.thumb.jpeg.373d70753cdf922140bc2d7ed1a95bf5.jpeg

I had mesclun green and trout

IMG_0215.thumb.jpeg.d62c4da5e4a5e98b677515244a6b74f9.jpeg

IMG_0217.thumb.jpeg.f9def80aa94c8a985786a4543704ad3b.jpeg

All tasted excellent and was perfect. The fish was perfectly grilled and soft. 

The chicken was tender and juicy😋

Dessert: 

IMG_0219.thumb.jpeg.a8bbcacffd56bf1c8f880838c7d0c864.jpeg

You know what dessert???

The bananas Forster for both of us😋😋

IMG_0220.thumb.jpeg.b9e3bb8bf8086f0f115dc5531660cae2.jpeg

It tasted good, the ice cream was really good and the banana 🍌was not too “green” in taste. 

IMG_0221.jpeg

IMG_0207.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I think are in the Retreat on the next leg so a different menu as they will be dining in Luminae. 

@Norwaylady  FYI, let Mr know I have been successful getting custom omelets in Luminae, which included ingredients not show on the menu, e.g. jalapeño, green pepper, mushrooms.  So maybe he’ll dine there instead of the buffet.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

I think are in the Retreat on the next leg so a different menu as they will be dining in Luminae. 

@Norwaylady  FYI, let Mr know I have been successful getting custom omelets in Luminae, which included ingredients not show on the menu, e.g. jalapeño, green pepper, mushrooms.  So maybe he’ll dine there instead of the buffet.  

Thanks... That makes sense.      I thought she had said she had gotten an upgrade to a Suite, which was the reason I asked about Suite Priority in Greece.   I was second guessing myself and thought I had remembered wrong.

• Like 1

I started my day walking😎 

You know the time is adjusted… less people outside in the early morning🙃

Sun is shining and it will be a great day🤩

Today’s program is filled by several options…. So much to do, so little time🤭

Since Mr was quickly out of bed when I returned from my walk, we could make it to Cosmopolitan breakfast😅

It was not empty there….

Breakfast menu: 

IMG_0230.thumb.jpeg.eba89a194460586035995cb7a3a4c7b5.jpeg

IMG_0231.thumb.jpeg.543e444867c65046c75b82ae72996775.jpeg

I had my yoghurt and cereal (cat pellets according to Mr)😆 and I asked for a poached egg, well done toasted bread and some salmon please😇

(Here is where I did a mistake… normally I specifically say 1,1,1 etc😅) 

I don’t like to throw food and I personally find it better to get 2 smaller servings then 1 gigantic and leave lots of food… (I know the fishes have a snack🐡🐠🐟) 

It’s something we have grown up in… only take what you’re going to eat. And It’s better to take twice then grabbing a big portion and leave it halfway eaten…. 

This is very applying for Nordic living and culture. 

First cruise on X the portion size for dinner was big, I was feeling pretty bad, sending plates out “untouched” since I’m not a big eater… luckily our excellent set-time server learned quickly that I did enjoy the food, but the size was just not my ideal size😅😉

After the downsizing in dinner serving size it’s was a bit better for me… I know not everyone agrees. But from my perspective it was to the better. 

Well back to breakfast….

Danish pastry, croissants and juice was walked around. 

They didn’t offer specialty coffee, barista coffee😳

Mr had tea and had regular coffee. (They can keep this coffee…. I will not have a cup more😝 here is my snobby side👻) 

Mr had fruit plate and eggs Benedict😋 

He was a happy camper. Only “complaint” was that one egg was perfectly cooked and the other was all hard boiled. 

So back to my bonanza..

So I ordered, poached egg, toast and salmon…. 

Yep, keep it coming🍞🥚🐟

2 toasted bread (looking great toasted👍🏻)

2 poached eggs 

1 salmon plate (salmon, toasted bagel, capers, onion, cream cheese and lemon) 

Oh my😳😆🤭 Let’s just say the fishes will have some snacks….

I put together my order, 1 toast, salmon and an egg on top. 

One egg was perfect and the other was smiling + to almost hard boiled. 

My breakfast was good, but I feel a bit bad leaving the rest…. 

After breakfast I wanted a real cup of coffee… 

So Mr walked upstairs and I went in direction of Al Bacio….

💙 real coffee for me🥰👍🏻

Celebrity Xcel was “out” yesterday afternoon…. 

I had a price check online last evening. I was actually surprised to see that it was priced in that price range… Because Apex, Beyond and Ascend has had wild price in Norway…. So it hasn’t happened😂😂

So if someone would like to join us on Easter 🐣 holiday in 2026. Feel free to join us😂😂😎

We are waiting for the 25/26 sailings to be rolled out… 

We really want some good Asian routes 14+days or good b2b 11/14d Asia…..

And if they will offer some year round routes in Europe (Type canary island/Moroccan from Barcelona or Las Palmas in winter season). 
We do keep an eye on what Royal roles out. Specifically on the smaller vessels 🚢 

Today is guest volleyball tournament. 

IMG_0232.thumb.jpeg.3004f2153af1254e32f9b7e1479c4665.jpeg

I’m taking it slow watching😎

• Like 14

I am enjoying this live review so much. I always enjoy your reviews. I love Captain Matt and Giuseppe! I’ve never paid that much attention to who the Captain and CD were on cruises until we had them on the Reflection transatlantic from Barcelona in 2022. They are so much fun!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jazzbo said:

I am enjoying this live review so much. I always enjoy your reviews. I love Captain Matt and Giuseppe! I’ve never paid that much attention to who the Captain and CD were on cruises until we had them on the Reflection transatlantic from Barcelona in 2022. They are so much fun!

Thank you💙

For me/us, it’s not a reason to book a ship if it’s this or this Captain. (It can change, since I’m a planner😂😂 normally booking far out from sailing date) 
Same goes for CD. 

But what we have learned over the years is that the dynamic between CD and Captain plays an important role on how things will be on a cruise. 

Giuseppe & Captain Matt make each other extremely good and crazy in a fun way🤩

Captain Matt said a very good thing during the “Talkshow/Gameshow” yesterday. The important part of being a team player and wanting to be a part of elevating your team mates. 
And that the dynamics change when people are replaced by someone else. 

This is spot on what I believe in! 
And it made me think about 2 recently scenes onboard different X ships. 
This is everything Captain Matt talked about! 
This is one of the reasons he is very respected and seems like a very nice person💙 and he is funny (have just seen him alive😂 have not spoken to him in person) And he glows this in his interactions onboard. 

My scene is one from Sil and one from Infinity. 

During our Easter 🐣 trip on Sil, we did a b2b 10+4 and the 4-days sailing is a booze cruise (can’t deny it… average age dropped by 40-50years😂😂

Well, it was packed in Sunset and the crew was working crazy. It was crazy from boarding started and was made house crazy when we were ready for sail away… 

The lines were long and people was ordering drinks in a hefty speed. 
Every time a crew was trying to take the route to pick up dirty glasses and empty bottles they received a stack of cards and a million orders. 
So everyone was occupied constantly, not a second of time to breathe for the crew. 

A higher ranked person arrived ( this was a younger person) , he started shouting at the crew, pointing out that this was extremely poorly work from the crew. It’s not that hard to keep up by the demand…. 
You could see on the crew that this was definitely not working… it just made their extremely busy day worse. 
And this happened also at a later occasions by same person. 

On infinity in May/June I had the total opposite situation. 
It was crazy madhouse in Al Bacio on several occasions. But what happened here was that a higher ranked person then on Sil jumped into the situation. Tossing off his jacket and did as a “regular” server. 
Making coffee, cleaning tables, serving guests. Helping the team out and get thru the humpback together as a team. 
You could see in the crew that this is so much better way than standing on the side, shouting and pointing on all things that are not perfect. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Around 14.15 we needed some more shade⛱️😎

IMG_0235.thumb.jpeg.950e885cc620c82096cc022a49741b27.jpeg

So we moved into the Magic Carpet to have some club soda and shade. 

We had lots of dolphins 🐬 jumping close to us🐬🐬🐬

It’s plenty of them, you really have to work hard to avoid seeing them at least once during the last days😅

Around 15.30 we called it for today on deck. No need to turn into a 🦞🦞🦞. 

Today’s canapés: 

IMG_0238.thumb.jpeg.5e3b8a7a47c62c884e41b684500cc31d.jpeg

It’s Evening Chic🥳 tonight

Mr is “bringing” the cats 🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛

IMG_0240.thumb.jpeg.4940fde42d7305349506f397b7275d93.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Totally agree about how the captain and the CD dynamic makes a big difference. We just got off the TA on Reflection. We just loved Captain Kirk ((great rock show) and the dynamic between him, Angela Clarke the CD and her husband Dave the Activity Manager was a highlight!

Edited by catgirl411
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, catgirl411 said:

Totally agree about how the captain and the CD dynamic makes a big difference. We just got off the TA on Reflection. We just loved Captain Kirk ((great rock show) and the dynamic between him, Angela Clarke the CD and her husband Dave the Activity Manager was a highlight!

Captains--Captain Kate was the most visible captain I've experienced in about 40 cruises, and SO personable; a true hostess.

Captains Tasos & Dimitrios are a hoot!

Other than that the only memorable on had his motorcycle ON BOARD!!🤣--personable guy too.

Glad to see Captain Matt & Giuseppe have a great relationship--fun to see!

BUT CDs--I have seen how a CD can break a cruise.

About 10 yrs ago we were on the Mariner of the Seas. 

The CD was a pompous *$$. He seemed to like to hear himself talk.

Would show up to sing the first karaoke song...then pop off to let his assistant run things.

He ran NOTHING...simply did the intro & ran off. His poor assistant was run ragged.

Luckily all our other CDs over the years have beed very good to excellent.

(when I saw @Norwaylady mention Giuseppe, I thought it was our CD from the Beyond--I think!--in April. But, different guy!)

Edited by KKB
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KKB said:

(when I saw @Norwaylady mention Giuseppe, I thought it was our CD from the Beyond--I think!--in April. But, different guy!)

I had the same thought when I saw his name, we had Giuseppe last winter but I mixed him up with one of my all time CDs Luigi! We will have Luigi on the Ascent this winter, was an amazing CD. 

Cheers! 

• Like 2

We found Brittany of Canada to be very good, and also saw some interviews on YouTube with Lewis that made him likeable.  (Also learned that his recent scheduling and ship assignment was to plan around the birth of a child).

A big part of the CDs job is the behind the scenes coordination and placement of entertainment assets, activities, etc.  Considering that Celebrity is low key-ish, and utilizes in room video and other methods of communication, works to create a vibe, my sense is the persona is only part of what makes for a good CD. 

Whenever there's a good team approach between departments and among officers, the experience is always better.   We've noticed that when sailing with one of the few kids onboard the two Edge class sailings we've taken.  No question that Brittany was part of being making a magic moment for our child, but also that it took coordination with a few others, too.  

• Like 2

Let’s kick off the evening🍸

Cheers, Salute, Skål🥂

IMG_0242.thumb.jpeg.0057513c890ba0d95d5b548fb8023015.jpeg

We started the evening by a cocktail in grand foyer and live music. 

It’s Jazz🎶

Today’s show is Salvatore Hasard, new show🎶🎶🎶

IMG_0245.thumb.jpeg.ef68e80e92f437cd79bffbaba3d56538.jpeg

IMG_0246.thumb.jpeg.a5fb9d87d3002b32dc5afd945c967101.jpeg

IMG_0249.thumb.jpeg.26c13fed08d2476940de43fe8bbea25f.jpeg

IMG_0251.thumb.jpeg.0afdc78db191234ab14c51113ca489fb.jpeg

IMG_0252.thumb.jpeg.b4a2e9bfabaf1544e33747f21823b9c6.jpeg

What can I say? 

He is SO good! 

Entertainment has really delivered. 

The orchestra is perfect backing and it’s a great evening. 

After the show we went straight to the whisper game in the Club😂😂

Captain Matts team Knock-out the guest team😂😂😂

Dinner tonight was in Normandie. 

Wow, as said before… our 🥇 last time on Edge was Normandie and after tonight they are definitely nr 1. 

Tonight’s service team: 

IMG_0254.thumb.jpeg.58cc53f863e9a4cc3c76f3d48b17c723.jpeg

Tonight’s menu: 

IMG_0255.thumb.jpeg.9e43787843c576939acaf154b0eac07e.jpeg

IMG_0256.thumb.jpeg.6b6f8e60418572c09d9563dfe808e34d.jpeg

They offered a Chicken Tikka off menu. 

Mr went for chicken soup, màche salad and chicken tikka. 

IMG_0258.thumb.jpeg.98675182f96ab37a55acf44fd6887f37.jpeg

IMG_0259.thumb.jpeg.d2655ca3321f41edd12bf01e4d65e3d3.jpeg

IMG_0261.thumb.jpeg.78dded1a6af19cb362d2cb9382b65a15.jpeg

I had salmon, máche salad and beef sirloin en croúte. 

IMG_0257.thumb.jpeg.2bc94ebce60c8e84b0e7aba0711a872f.jpeg

IMG_0260.thumb.jpeg.90ed6b498a949a3bc8c31d139c69e169.jpeg

They are cooling as we are going to Antarctic. This applying for theatre and restaurant area🥶🥶🥶

So mr had to go upstairs to get my merino wool poncho for dinner….🥶🥶🥶 I looked like a ribbed chicken 

Back to tonight’s dinner. 

Great service from crew. 

The food tasted excellent and beyond. 

The chicken tikka was 😋😋😋 Mr had to request a second portion…. (My sirloin was excellent) 

Really a flashback to our last visit onboard Edge. Normandie was in their own league….. 10/10.

Tonight’s dessert options: 

IMG_0262.thumb.jpeg.2c87364c1e80062e2a655fcfe2552032.jpeg

We had ice cream🥰

IMG_0263.thumb.jpeg.57974a65bb1620f57423e669edfa5886.jpeg

After dinner we ran off to Liars Club😂😂

IMG_0266.thumb.jpeg.5dd4fc5b31db0d8c2e3854a738cb48a4.jpeg

IMG_0252.thumb.jpeg.b4a2e9bfabaf1544e33747f21823b9c6.jpeg

Hilarious 😂 panel of CD Guiseppe, Captain Matt and comedian Wayne😂😂

Then it was definitely time for bed😴😴

IMG_0264.jpeg

IMG_0269.jpeg

IMG_0260.jpeg