Purchasing flowers onboard - Eurodam

DaveOKC

The first day we boarded, we stopped by the arts and crafts open house (on a 14 day TA- not sure if they always have that) and the flower designer (Louis) for the ship had a display set up. I chose a vase and flipped through album to choose a size, then asked for my preferred colors. The arrangement was delivered the next day and had a full set of flowers on display on both sides of the vase (not just a front presentation like most arrangements). 

The tulips lasted a week, and the rest of the arrangement for the full two weeks (we flipped it around every day or so so both sides would get light and we added water occasionally). 

i was thrilled with how robust it was and how long it lasted. Used OBC to pay and it was a bargain at $47.50. Would have cost substantially more on shore. Best thing- since I chose the vase I now have a beautiful unique vase to use in the future and remember a great voyage. 

For the remainder of the cruise, they were selling the vases on their own at pop up stands on various days. On its own, my vase was $30 or $35 I think. 

IMG_5630.jpeg

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Ready2go11 said:

The first day we boarded, we stopped by the arts and crafts open house (on a 14 day TA- not sure if they always have that) and the flower designer (Louis) for the ship had a display set up. I chose a vase and flipped through album to choose a size, then asked for my preferred colors. The arrangement was delivered the next day and had a full set of flowers on display on both sides of the vase (not just a front presentation like most arrangements). 

The tulips lasted a week, and the rest of the arrangement for the full two weeks (we flipped it around every day or so so both sides would get light and we added water occasionally). 

i was thrilled with how robust it was and how long it lasted. Used OBC to pay and it was a bargain at $47.50. Would have cost substantially more on shore. Best thing- since I chose the vase I now have a beautiful unique vase to use in the future and remember a great voyage. 

For the remainder of the cruise, they were selling the vases on their own at pop up stands on various days. On its own, my vase was $30 or $35 I think. 

IMG_5630.jpeg

Beautiful! HAL florists are very talented and do beautiful work.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 1

There is a full catalog of designs at the front desk. Tip: if you want something special, you can probably talk to florist and let them design something for you. We've done that quite a few times and it's worked out well. The florists are very creative. We just gave them some really basic design parameters (short, tall, color or specific flowers) and a budget. They ran with it and the results were impressive.

For budget, I just looked at the catalog to get an idea of what to budget based on the standard designs.

7 hours ago, CruisingGrandmaW said:

While I did not use the feature to order flowers - it was on the Navigator App.

I was able to order Gallon Disilled water via the Navigator off the Beverage Pkg menu - so I'd assume you could do the same for the flowers.

The flower choices on board are much nicer than those offered pre-cruise on line or on on the Navigator.

Slightly off topic, but hopefully @DaveOKC will indulge me.

Here are a view of some of the arrangements around NS this week.

20231030_204745.thumb.jpg.802eebec0b1393aec7eba1db52f25155.jpg

20231030_202532.thumb.jpg.4df2973fc874f5ee55b2162d7bd643ba.jpg

20231030_204913.thumb.jpg.f86a929012baf9b2c1a786946d425739.jpg

MDR deck 2

20231030_205103.thumb.jpg.ef9dd0d377c1dcab08336efe51f10b19.jpg

Oops, not flowers, but still art 🤭20231030_080336.thumb.jpg.06657eeb1d3c8516cd795e3a758c3128.jpg I always alway'm going to note locations, but never do. I will try harder 🥴

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1