Orlando Rental Cars and Port Parking

lovescats5

We will be flying into Orlando April 25 for a cruise on Adventure.  We are thinking of renting a car instead of booking GoPort or private transportation.  The rental companies for Orlando online are some I have never heard of but am thinking if they come up they are a known company there, correct?  Also, any information on parking at the port would be appreciated. 

Are you arriving early? If not, I would go with the Royal or private transportation. Parking at the port facility will run you $9-$17 a day depending on off site or at the port parking. Car rental and parking can add a lot $$$ to your trip. 

40 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

We will be flying into Orlando April 25 for a cruise on Adventure.  We are thinking of renting a car instead of booking GoPort or private transportation.  The rental companies for Orlando online are some I have never heard of but am thinking if they come up they are a known company there, correct?  Also, any information on parking at the port would be appreciated. 

Any "good" car rental company does not consider MCO to Port Canaveral a one-way trip. We always book a National Car Rental (we come in a day or two early, but same day is the same). Their facility is at the port and they have a free shuttle over to the ship. 

• Like 1

We always rent a car for the one-way trip to Orlando. The drop off and shuttle is very convenient and well run for Enterprise. With so many people renting cars when coming off a ship, the price is rarely more than a traditional round trip rental.

Then take GoPort for the return trip.

We are flying in the day before.  We have never done a one way each way.  We are not familiar with Port Canaveral which is why we were thinking of a week rental.  Since you mentioned one way is the car rental return easy to do and how do you get the car for the return trip to the airport.  I will look at National and see what their rates are.  Thanks so much for the information.

17 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

how do you get the car for the return trip to the airport.

They'll have shuttles circling the lots to take you back to the rental car place. Though I don't know for sure the frequency and/or if you are better off calling them when you get off the ship.

Edited by smokeybandit

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

They'll have shuttles circling the lots to take you back to the rental car place. Though I don't know for sure the frequency and/or if you are better off calling them when you get off the ship.

The shuttles are pretty frequent.  Depending on the terminal the ship is at, National is not a far walk either.  They have weird days and hours though.  We come into Port Canaveral on a port of call frequently and National is not typically open the day Anthem or Oasis come in.  We use Avis instead.

I never thought the National rental office would not be open.  Adventure leaves on a Friday so it seems like they would be there.  I looked for Enterprise but they were not listed as being at MCO.  I will look into if National will be there to drop off on Friday and I think the idea of GoPort for a return to airport is a good idea.  I cannot express how grateful I am for all the help I have received.

Looked at Avis and it is cheaper than National.  I think I have transportation worked out.  Now I just hope they have a Adventure crystal block handy so we can carry it home.  It's always fun to see how TSA panics when they don't know what it is.

55 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

We are flying in the day before.  We have never done a one way each way.  We are not familiar with Port Canaveral which is why we were thinking of a week rental.  Since you mentioned one way is the car rental return easy to do and how do you get the car for the return trip to the airport.  I will look at National and see what their rates are.  Thanks so much for the information.

I would just to the shuttle for the way back. sometimes getting a car afyer the cruise can be lenghty asthey have to wait for cars to come in.