Silhouette The Porch Question

Salf777

Hi

First time sailing on the Silhouette in a few weeks. Looking forward. In looking on the app I see The Porch listed as an additional charge restaurant. The menu in the app just shows shrimp cocktail, Tacos, wings, charcuterie, crudités. Is this restaurant for like a meal or just some snacks?

The description says the seafood tower is an additional $15 fee which I don’t mind but it doesn’t tell you what’s on the seafood tower, anyone know? Do they have oysters? In the photo it looks like someone is eating oysters? Any insight appreciated 

Thank you

16 minutes ago, Salf777 said:

First time sailing on the Silhouette

Suggestion re Specialty dining:

If you don't mind spending a few $$ in Specialty restaurants, I would recommend:

1--- Murano--- French service.

2--- Lawn Club Grill --- Outdoor setting at the top of the ship.

Both for us are " outstanding " ( service, selection, food ) and worth the money.

I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Suggestion re Specialty dining:

If you don't mind spending a few $$ in Specialty restaurants, I would recommend:

1--- Murano--- French service.

2--- Lawn Club Grill --- Outdoor setting at the top of the ship.

Both for us are " outstanding " ( service, selection, food ) and worth the money.

I don't think you will be disappointed.

We have Murano booked already thanks!

is Lawn Club better than Tuscan Grill? It’s only a 4 nighter to try out the ship as we have never been on. We are doing retreat so we want 2 nights at the retreat restaurant 

1 hour ago, Salf777 said:

We have Murano booked already thanks!

is Lawn Club better than Tuscan Grill? It’s only a 4 nighter to try out the ship as we have never been on. We are doing retreat so we want 2 nights at the retreat restaurant 

The “ experience “ is different in both .

Each has its own ambiance, however we prefer The Lawn Club Grill because of the outdoor setting and don’t forget their “ famous “ warm chocolate chip cookie topped with ice cream desert. 
If you hear of someone that eats 2 , that’s me .

The service throughout the ship is excellent.

Perhaps a longer cruise next time which will give you a better overall impression.

Edited by Pinboy
  • Like 1

Personally, I prefer Tuscan and LCG over Murano - but I’m weird - hahaha

LCG is really lovely on a warm evening - sitting ‘outside’ on a nice night is special. But the steak in Tuscan is really good - as is the Tiramisu. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LeeW said:

According to web site, The Porch has a cover charge but not sure what that is.  Menu is here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/new-images/The-Porch-Menu-Final-Dinner.pdf

says $30 at bottom... Seafood Tower extra... Seems kind of pricey for the menu..  We liked it when it opened as a brunch place..

• Like 1

The Porch is great for lunch. All the dishes listed under Raw are great, particularly the Steak Tartare, if that is your thing. The seafood tower is pretty good but for oysters you need to go on an E class ship. I agree that Murano and LCG are really good but Tuscan has been hit or miss for me.

• Like 1

The porch is known for its seafood platter.  For those who love seafood, a great place for lunch.  They used to also serve hamburgers, but haven't dined their in years.  We love the lawn club grill for dinner- our favoriite speciality restaurant.  We have had good experiences at Murano also- but the special lobster dish is too rich for me- the heavy sauces don't agree with me.  I request grilled lobster tails, and hasn't been any problem.  The pasta at Tuscan is very good- some other dishes- hit or miss.  Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Salf777 said:

Hi

First time sailing on the Silhouette in a few weeks. Looking forward. In looking on the app I see The Porch listed as an additional charge restaurant. The menu in the app just shows shrimp cocktail, Tacos, wings, charcuterie, crudités. Is this restaurant for like a meal or just some snacks?

The description says the seafood tower is an additional $15 fee which I don’t mind but it doesn’t tell you what’s on the seafood tower, anyone know? Do they have oysters? In the photo it looks like someone is eating oysters? Any insight appreciated 

Thank you

I think it is a lunch only venue with a $30 cover charge plus an additional $15 for the seafood tower.  You have to book once onboard.  I don't see oysters on the menu but that doesn't mean they might not have them occasionally.  

• Like 1

Photo of the Seafood Tower from S Class ship a number for years ago. There was a charge years ago. I dont remember any fee for the Tower when we last ate at The Porch. On the E Class ships Raw on 5 have oysters in their The Imperial Tower, cost $70.

IMG_20171105_173904113_HDR.thumb.jpg.b14efcee8180724a679bdcaea065b366.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

I've had better steaks at Ponderosa.

I loved going to the Ponderosa with my grandmother when I was little.  You ordered you steak when you started the lunch line and picked out the sides cafeteria style and your steak was ready by the time you got to the register.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...