News on shareholder credit

Sea Hag

6 hours ago, happy42cruise said:

I don't know how long this will continue to work but today I emailed my request to the Princess address  sbpcl@princesscruises dot com & within minutes the email confirmation arrived with the OBC posted.  It came before the automatic email saying up to 21 days.

I have already sent a protest letter as I have no intention of using an app on my phone to transmit my financial information to a site that was only started 2 years ago by a husband and wife.  If they had offered this as an option that would have been ok, but not as the only avenue to request the promised OBC.

I have been using Plaid for years.  All my banking institutions use it.   Plaid was formed in 2013.  

Plaid may have been formed in 2013 but that is not the app I was referring to.  Stockperks was started 2 years ago & frankly many of us do not use our phones to access our stock portfolios especially when data breaches are reported all the time.  I see no reason to use an app that I don't want to use and which could open my account to possible problems just to receive the small amount of OBC that in the past decades I was able to get by fax, email, or snail mail.  Offering it as an option would be fine but trying to force us to use an unproven app that we don't want to use is very insulting.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, happy42cruise said:

Plaid may have been formed in 2013 but that is not the app I was referring to.  Stockperks was started 2 years ago & frankly many of us do not use our phones to access our stock portfolios especially when data breaches are reported all the time.  I see no reason to use an app that I don't want to use and which could open my account to possible problems just to receive the small amount of OBC that in the past decades I was able to get by fax, email, or snail mail.  Offering it as an option would be fine but trying to force us to use an unproven app that we don't want to use is very insulting.

At this point, it is exactly that; an option.  We submitted thru email this morning, A Sunday, and had credits posted within a few hours.  If it becomes mandatory to submit via the "new" method, we will happily comply.  If people object to receiving free obc because of the possible new system, that's their choice.  

• Like 2

I would suggest that everyone "trust but verify" this information.  I went to the http://carnivalcorp.com

website, opened the specific link for the Shareholder Benefit, the pdf opened and, other than a modified mailing address for a few of the CCL lines, including Princess, there was nothing mentioned about any of what has been hashed over in this thread.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thinfool said:

I would suggest that everyone "trust but verify" this information.  I went to the http://carnivalcorp.com

website, opened the specific link for the Shareholder Benefit, the pdf opened and, other than a modified mailing address for a few of the CCL lines, including Princess, there was nothing mentioned about any of what has been hashed over in this thread.

This is what I received from my CVP

https://www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp

34 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

This is what I received from my CVP

https://www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp

This does NOT read like it is being touted (or announced) as "the new method".  This appears to simply be another option, hence the reason there's been no "official announcement" as a change in policy/procedure.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

This does NOT read like it is being touted (or announced) as "the new method".  This appears to simply be another option, hence the reason there's been no "official announcement" as a change in policy/procedure.

The verbage prior to the link indicated to not email/fax/ snail mail.  I believe the info from my CVP.  Over 10 years of using her she has never led me wrong.

Edited by kiwimum

On 11/4/2023 at 10:21 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

I refuse to use this "new" method until they refuse to accept it using the email path.

I sent an email yesterday (Sunday) and I got an automated email stating the new procedure with a link. Guess we have no choice.

24 minutes ago, Alaska05 said:

I sent an email yesterday (Sunday) and I got an automated email stating the new procedure with a link. Guess we have no choice.

Weird because I just sent mine through email the old way and got this automated response, with no mention or link to a new system.

"Thank you for submitting your request for Carnival Corporation Shareholder Benefits.  Due to current high volumes, please allow up to 21 days for processing.  You will receive a confirmation once the benefit has been applied to your booking."  

Just now, buckeye7 said:

Weird because I just sent mine through email the old way and got this automated response, with no mention or link to a new system.

"Thank you for submitting your request for Carnival Corporation Shareholder Benefits.  Due to current high volumes, please allow up to 21 days for processing.  You will receive a confirmation once the benefit has been applied to your booking."  

Same here.  Sent three in yesterday by email and all appeared on our cruise bookings today.  We did receive the automated 21 day email but it was done within 1 day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buckeye7 said:

Same with us.  sent it in Saturday and just got that response, nothing else.  this is for Oct. 2025 cruise.

1 hour ago, txjim09 said:

Probably not related but my stockholder request email (from an account I've used several times in the past) just bounced.  Message was " Recipient address rejected: Access denied."

Just to clarify...you used:

sbpcl@princesscruises.com, right?

2 hours ago, buckeye7 said:

I wonder if they are doing a “soft opening” and trying to make sure the new system works with no glitches before they direct everyone there.

What? A controlled rollout of an IT system from Princess? Surely you jest! 😄

• Haha 5

Shareholder Credit requests will be integrated into the app, so it can direct you to exciting games of chance to spend your credits on before and during the cruise, with an AI Fortuna Luck urging you on. Or be used to pre-purchase delicious Premium Desserts at a special shareholder price. 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Just to clarify...you used:

sbpcl@princesscruises.com, right?

I did and the server must have been down, I resent it and received the automated response.  I also received a second e-mail a few minutes later:

Dear James,

Thank you for your request for an onboard credit as part of the Carnival Corp & plc. Shareholder Benefit Program.

Carnival Corp is implementing a more automated onboard credit request process in partnership with Stoerks.  

Please go to www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp for all details about the program and how to apply for your onboard credit via the Stockperks app.

Thank you for being a CCL shareholder!  We look forward to welcoming you aboard.  

Kind regards,

Ana
Commercial Compliance Support
24303 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355

Looks like my first e-mail triggered this response.  No indication on whether my first request was cancelled but went ahead and downloaded the app and sent the same stock info originally sent to Princess.  Received a message verifying my ability to participate a couple hours later and officially  requested credit.  

Not a fan of downloading an app that will be infrequently used but can appreciate the reasons behind it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1