News on shareholder credit

Sea Hag

I received the same message this morning. I downloaded the app, verified my email, entered personal information and the app shut off. Tried to restart it. It shut off. Deleted it, re downloaded it. Logged in. Same result. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Using iPhone6, iOS 15.8

Sent an email to Princess telling them to manually enter my OBC request. We shall see what happens.

Edited by ShipWalker

Emailed for shareholder benefit and got email to go through app. Easy peasy, you don't have to provide income, address and any other info if you don't want (just hit skip).  Uploaded copy of the same statement I sent to princess, verified in like a hr and then applied for the shareholder obc

They send email saying it's been submitted for princess

Congratulations! Your request for an onboard credit for your upcoming cruise (Booking #: xxxxx departing on 2024-MM-DD) has been successfully submitted to Princess.

We will be in touch with you in the next five (5) business days to either:

Confirm that the credit has been applied to your cruise booking by Princess; or

Request for more information regarding your application.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShipWalker said:

...I downloaded the app, verified my email, entered personal information and the app shut off. Tried to restart it. It shut off. Deleted it, re downloaded it. Logged in. Same result. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Using iPhone6, iOS 15.8...

I wrote to Stockperks and received this within an hour.

"Hi ShipWalker - thanks for reaching out.  Some iPhone users are having this crashing issue that we're looking into right now.  I will let you know once we have this resolved.

I appreciate your patience - we'll get you your credit!

Kind regards"

Edited by ShipWalker

Add me to the group that got the response that I had to request through the app.  Had to open the email that I'd sent from my laptop on my phone to download the redacted brokerage statement page so a little bit of a headache but hopefully it works.  If going forward it will just take a couple of clicks to get my shareholder OBC applied it will be a plus.

27 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Clarification please... the email stated that you *had* to use the new app?

Yes, well they didn't use that exact verbiage but it was implied after they returned the documents that I had submitted via email to me.  Text of the email is posted below, it's the same as someone posted earlier today:

Dear azbirdmom,

Thank you for your request for an onboard credit as part of the Carnival Corp & plc. Shareholder Benefit Program.

Carnival Corp is implementing a more automated onboard credit request process in partnership with Stockperks.  

Please go to www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp for all details about the program and how to apply for your onboard credit via the Stockperks app.

Thank you for being a CCL shareholder!  We look forward to welcoming you aboard.  

Kind regards,

Ana

Commercial Compliance Support

24303 Town Center Drive

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hello everyone!

There were two threads for this topic. The threads have been merged into this one thread. Per the Cruise Critic software, all posts now appear in post date/time order on this newly merged thread. If you were not aware there were two threads, please read back through this newly merged thread to make sure you have seen ALL of the posts so far.

Happy sails,

Host Kat

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

On 11/3/2023 at 9:20 PM, damiross said:

I'm going to see how good they are.  I submitted my information but entered this year for my cruise in 2024.   I'll report if they denied or corrected the date and gave me the credit.

I got the credit, even though I had put in the wrong date for the cruise.

Thank you @azbirdmom.  I wonder if Travel Agents are still able to do this for their clients.  Fortunately, I don't have any cruises booked in the near future.  Gives them time to work the bugs out and come up with a set plan.

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Yes, well they didn't use that exact verbiage but it was implied after they returned the documents that I had submitted via email to me.  Text of the email is posted below, it's the same as someone posted earlier today:

Dear azbirdmom,

Thank you for your request for an onboard credit as part of the Carnival Corp & plc. Shareholder Benefit Program.

Carnival Corp is implementing a more automated onboard credit request process in partnership with Stockperks.  

Please go to www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp for all details about the program and how to apply for your onboard credit via the Stockperks app.

Thank you for being a CCL shareholder!  We look forward to welcoming you aboard.  

Kind regards,

Ana

24303 Town Center Drive

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sailor75 said:

I wonder if this is a way to reduce the number of OBC's or is Carnival saving money by outsourcing this, maybe both?

seems it'll save a lot of staff time manually processing it and going through emails. the app can streamline and basically automate it all 

9 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Thank you @azbirdmom.  I wonder if Travel Agents are still able to do this for their clients.  Fortunately, I don't have any cruises booked in the near future.  Gives them time to work the bugs out and come up with a set plan.

Lucky you!  I'm still waiting for the app to approve the redacted brokerage statement that I submitted yesterday.  I may need to find another way to get this done if the app doesn't update.  At least I have some time as the cruise isn't until next April.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Lucky you!  I'm still waiting for the app to approve the redacted brokerage statement that I submitted yesterday.  I may need to find another way to get this done if the app doesn't update.  At least I have some time as the cruise isn't until next April.

Next April ??  Yikes — cruising next month & still no response 😟

Edited by BettyNL

33 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

You might want to try using the Princess website option I noted at post #19. 

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

You might want to try using the Princess website option I noted at post #19. 

I didn't get a notification from the app but I went back a couple of screens where you select Princess and then upload your brokerage statement.  But instead it gave me the redeem screen where I entered my cruise.  Got the up to 5 day response.  So it's still a bit glitchy but at least I think I'm on track to get my SHOBC.

• Like 1

I just tried to StockPerks app but before completing my enrollment I read the end user privacy and disclosure agreement.  It is terribly invasive. 

There must be another way to get the onboard credit. I have no intention of giving a third party the amount of personal information they want. https://www.stockperks.com/privacy   

Read the disclosure.  Any suggestions for alternatives?

Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OK, we have a big issue with this Stockperks App. I just downloaded the app and subsequently registered after "skipping" the personal information section. Then used the default "Plaid" option which subsequently displayed one of their stockbroker selections that I have stock with. I then clicked on my broker's name and it took me to their Login screen where they want me to log on.

This is where we have a huge issue. From this point on, the Stockperks app would have our login and password information and access to all of the stocks and mutual funds in our account. Sorry, that's not happening.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

OK, we have a big issue with this Stockperks App. I just downloaded the app and subsequently registered after "skipping" the personal information section. Then used the default "Plaid" option which subsequently displayed one of their stockbroker selections that I have stock with. I then clicked on my broker's name and it took me to their Login screen where they want me to log on.

This is where we have a huge issue. From this point on, the Stockperks app would have our login and password information and access to all of the stocks and mutual funds in our account. Sorry, that's not happening.

Well...I just read Post #19 and gave the link listed a chance.  It does work.  I took my last statement with the CCL stock listed and redacted everything on that page (in preview on Mac) except the stock name, amount of shares, date, and my name.  Hope it works!

• Like 3

On 11/6/2023 at 9:21 PM, txjim09 said:

I did and the server must have been down, I resent it and received the automated response.  I also received a second e-mail a few minutes later:

Dear James,

Carnival Corp is implementing a more automated onboard credit request process in partnership with Stoerks.  

Kind regards,

Ana
24303 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355

Looks like my first e-mail triggered this response.  No indication on whether my first request was cancelled but went ahead and downloaded the app and sent the same stock info originally sent to Princess.  Received a message verifying my ability to participate a couple hours later and officially  requested credit.  

Not a fan of downloading an app that will be infrequently used but can appreciate the reasons behind it. 

And you know that there is $$$$ involved.  No one in this day and age does anything like this without serious reimbursement.  It would have been fun to eavesdrop on the sales pitch that http://stockperks.com made to Carnival to get their business.

• Like 2

I just completed the on line app.  I skipped through most of the input until it asked for the investment company information.  It then brought me to the logon for my WF account and I logged in via the WF app which connected with the Plaid account.   I was able to limit the information on my WF account to the investment only information.  One thing that I could not do was requesting stockholder credit for cruises which begin after July 31, 2024.  Not sure if this is because they are no longer going to give s/h credit or if they don't want to approve this early in the event you sell your stock between now and then.  I really wish Princess had given us a bit more information as to how this works and what if any privacy concerns that may come up.  Not sure what the problem was with the old way it was done.  

• Like 2