Blue light card

LLOM

Does anyone know if you can use your blue light card for a discount or OBC after you have booked and paid a deposit for a cruise with P&O ? , I have been retired a while now but thought I would join it and understand that p&o give OBC or discount to holders.

Many Thanks

1 hour ago, LLOM said:

Does anyone know if you can use your blue light card for a discount or OBC after you have booked and paid a deposit for a cruise with P&O ? , I have been retired a while now but thought I would join it and understand that p&o give OBC or discount to holders.

Many Thanks

No you cannot add the extra OBC after you have booked your cruise.

30 minutes ago, LLOM said:

Thank you  Jeanlyon and majortom10

i thought that would be the case , never mind next time though ! 

Never booked direct with P&O and claimed extra OBC BLC benefit. Always had better overall deals from a TA.

9 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Never booked direct with P&O and claimed extra OBC BLC benefit. Always had better overall deals from a TA.

I think this is the case with most BLC “offers” - they can be beaten elsewhere with a bit of effort. 

Mine expires soon and I won’t be renewing. Waste of a fiver imo…

Thanks for that information funinhounslow, I did wonder before if it was worth it that’s why I have not taken up the offer earlier, my brothers neighbour has one and she seems to get good deals but as you say you may get the deals elsewhere.

2 hours ago, funinhounslow said:

I think this is the case with most BLC “offers” - they can be beaten elsewhere with a bit of effort. 

Completely disagree.  I have had some cracking deals on Sonos, Ninja Kitchen.  Prices could come close to being matched elsewhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, funinhounslow said:

not so sure about that we regularly get 20% discount on meals in pubs and saved a considerable amount. i have just renewed mine and will get my £4-99 back in discount of 20% we get on meals in pub we use in Southampton pre cruise at end of month.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LLOM said:

Thank you to everyone who has replied , 

I think for £ 4.99 for 2 years membership I will just go ahead and join.

Definitely as another poster said I get the membership fee back alone in one meal with the discount. I have renewed mine this week.   Certainly saved more than £5 in the last 5 years. ( card validity shorter now )

• Like 2

On 11/2/2023 at 6:05 PM, LLOM said:

Many Thanks

I applied my military discount after i booked direct with P&O and paid the disposit. You can only apply it to select fares and not saver fares. It does say at time of booking but if you book via the website there is no way to apply it. So i emailed them and they applied it for me. 👍

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

I applied my military discount after i booked direct with P&O and paid the disposit. You can only apply it to select fares and not saver fares. It does say at time of booking but if you book via the website there is no way to apply it. So i emailed them and they applied it for me. 👍

46 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

If you have a DDS card that works too 

1 hour ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

That is one key difference between military discount and BLC.  Military can be applied retrospectively, but BLC cannot according to P&O's rules.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, tring said:

That is one key difference between military discount and BLC.  Military can be applied retrospectively, but BLC cannot according to P&O's rules.

Must have changed since we booked for arvia as we applied both my Military discount and the father in laws BLC. But we did book late 2022 for Aug 23 cruise. So maybe its changed since then 🤷.

2 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Must have changed since we booked for arvia as we applied both my Military discount and the father in laws BLC. But we did book late 2022 for Aug 23 cruise. So maybe its changed since then 🤷.

The rules have always been you can only have extra OBC benefit from BLC if you book Select, direct with P&O and only when making new booking. There have been reports in past of some being lucky enough to have BLC benefit applied after making booking. I think this is more an occasional mistake by P&O than the normal. They seem to be more spot on these days and stick to T&C's which are clearly stated on BLC App.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

I agree with majortom.  I was aware of the requirements last year, but from our experience P&O staff do not always follow the rules, though most of the time they do.  

7 hours ago, LLOM said:

Thank you everyone for your replies,

I have got my card now and have received £130 OBC so very pleased with that , well worth it ! 

Well done. It appears to be swings and roundabouts, either get a separate discount through a TA or book direct and get BLC. Getting both with a TA appears to be a no no.