LAFFNVEGAS Live from the Koningsdam California Pacific Coastal 11/03/2023

LAFFNVEGAS

4 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Good morning from the MS Koningsdam. We were to have done a 6 and a half hour bus tour today that was our free cruise with HIA, we would need to get up at 6 this morning. When the alarm went off I decided to just for go it. Tom had already hinted he would want to do that yesterday. So I turned off the alarm and went back to sleep. 
We ended up going to the Dutch Cafe getting some coffee and a bite to eat.

IMG_4877.jpeg

IMG_4878.jpeg

Fresh flower is a Big Favorite I love on HAL

• Like 2

I think I will start with a Yuzu Margarita walktail (ordered at another bar and brought in to the MDR)

The wines shown don't excite, I would look for other options.

I think the shrimp

Prime rib (hold the mousse)

Ricotta Raspberry Tart

Port to finish.

• Like 3

I had the Sushi and Tom had the Coconut Shrimp not not on a Salad just the coconut shrimp 😂

We both had Prime Rib but Tom’s very plain with Baked Potato 

then I had the Chocolate Puff Pastry and Tom had the Vanilla Ice Cream 

of course we each had a glass of Chateau Ste Michelle Riesling and I had coffee.

IMG_4899.png

IMG_4900.png

IMG_4901.png

IMG_4902.png

IMG_4903.png

IMG_4904.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for inviting us a seat at your table and Tom, thanks for sharing dinner-time with your dear wife so we can enjoy the good-life with you. 
Tonight , I tried making salmon-cakes for dinner but I won’t spoil your dinner with a picture. 

Edited by SanDiegian
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the pictures. The presentation of the shrimp is extremely underwhelming, a much smaller plate with a slice of citrus and a sprig of parsley would go a long way to make that look like an appitizer. As presented it looks like it was grabbed from the buffet at Golden Corral.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Thanks for the pictures. The presentation of the shrimp is extremely underwhelming, a much smaller plate with a slice of citrus and a sprig of parsley would go a long way to make that look like an appitizer. As presented it looks like it was grabbed from the buffet at Golden Corral.

Tom got a good laugh from your comment and actually you are absolutely correct.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@LAFFNVEGAS I actually went back and looked at your photos. All the food seemed artfully presented. Even the deviled eggs were presented to please the eye and invite you to try them. The Caesar salad was sort of plopped on the plate and was quite small I thought. Then the coconut crusted shrimp showed up straight out of the Captain Highliner box. Everything else looked appealing. I don't mean to sound like a haughty critic but presentation is the difference between fine dining and the Blue Plate special. I certainly appreciate your reports and photos.

Edited by Blackduck59
word repeated
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

The presentation of the shrimp is extremely underwhelming, a much smaller plate with a slice of citrus and a sprig of parsley would go a long way to make that look like an appitizer.

Perhaps the shrimp was presented this way because Tom said, “just the shrimp.”

The coconut crusted shrimp starter is actually a salad topped with shrimp.  I have had the salad prepared as it is described on the menu and it was a lovely presentation and quite good.IMG_8575.jpeg.a33bbcd99bf708cebdf01edc395cb234.jpeg

The one starter I do not recommend is the crab cake.  There is nothing “Baltimore style” about it.  

@LAFFNVEGAS Thanks for your fun thread.

• Like 10

Hi Lisa, loving your report!  Thanks so much.  I just moved from VH4132 to VH4138 as I found a picture on halfacts showing no obstruction for 4138.  I am wondering how this can be.  My husband commented perhaps the picture is mislabeled.  Now, I am wondering myself.   Will you give it a look the next time you are on the dock?  Thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Hi Lisa, loving your report!  Thanks so much.  I just moved from VH4132 to VH4138 as I found a picture on halfacts showing no obstruction for 4138.  I am wondering how this can be.  My husband commented perhaps the picture is mislabeled.  Now, I am wondering myself.   Will you give it a look the next time you are on the dock?  Thanks.

I will try it is down the hall from except port side we will have to catch it when a cabin steward is cleaning though. I do know there are some staterooms that do have a view between life boats and straight on view is non obstructed but life boats are still very visible.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I will try it is down the hall from except port side we will have to catch it when a cabin steward is cleaning though. I do know there are some staterooms that do have a view between life boats and straight on view is non obstructed but life boats are still very visible.

Thank you, but please do not go to any trouble.  It is odd the picture on halfacts shows no life boat visible.  Regardless, I am happy.

• Like 1