Celebrity visa card holder? Special offer found for Thursday Nov 9 only

StartrainDD

If you have a Celebrity Visa card from Bank of America I discovered a special offer this morning.  It reads:

Points Rewards Credit Cards

Earn an additional 2 points for every $1 spent on purchases made on 11/09/23 ET. This one-day offer is good for the first $2,500 in purchases up to 5,000 points. That’s on top of the rewards you’re already earning.

I received no e-mail about this.  I happened to log in to my account this morning as I have final payment approaching and wanted to see how much I needed to charge to get my next $50 OBC.  This in essence means that any Celebrity purchases made on Thursday Nov 9 we get FOUR points per dollar.  So for me that is another $50 OBC on an upcoming cruise.

Check it out if you hold the BOA Celebrity card.

Is the only thing you can use points for is OBC?  If that’s so, it’s very disappointing.  With the Princess card you can apply it against cost for a cruise. I already have the packages with my cabin so I don’t have any other charges. Why buy something just to use OBC I “paid” for.

1 hour ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Is the only thing you can use points for is OBC?  

no 

If that’s so, it’s very disappointing.  With the Princess card you can apply it against cost for a cruise.

same with the Celebrity card

1 hour ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

A good deal..

we used to have a Royal BOA &  a Celeb BOA card but X discontinued their BOA card and morphed it into a gen cred card. Hardly use it now..

We just have the Royal BOA card now but it  works for both lines..points come in handy for OBC and sometimes  to reduce cruise costs ..But   there's  no offer for extra pts today.!

The spend required to get the OBC is ridiculous.  All are without annual fees Chase Freedom Unlimited, Citi's double cash, and Citi's Costco card (if you have and plan to maintain a membership) give much better rewards with far fewer spending requirements.  Also, why not invest in RCG to get the OBC?

21 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

The spend required to get the OBC is ridiculous.  All are without annual fees Chase Freedom Unlimited, Citi's double cash, and Citi's Costco card (if you have and plan to maintain a membership) give much better rewards with far fewer spending requirements.  Also, why not invest in RCG to get the OBC?

It isn’t the case of one or the other. You can do both, the Shareholder and the credit card points redemption.