Saint Greg's Regal Princess - Live - November 12, 2023

Saint Greg

7 minutes ago, Dreamscaper said:

You'll still need to select an option, even if you're just walking off with your luggage or walk off with your own arrangements and want them to take your luggage off for you (section one or two as applicable) so they can assign a walk off time.

Then I agree with @TxTeach79, it’s entirely too early for that.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

The restaurant manager just came over and told me they have a free bottle of wine for me. I tried to find out why. He just said Princess cruises sent a note to give me a bottle of wine. He asked if I wanted it tonight or another night. I told him another night.

🤫 it's a new program princess has developed shortly after you boarded.It's called  ......   S O B.  save our beer, try to get him to drink something else or we'll run out 😄

Edited by c-boy
  • Haha 12

14 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I guess I’m the only one that didn’t get the memo. Maybe this is why the 9pm event didn’t happen.

IMG_6615.thumb.jpeg.3fef8a9d245da37c0393f5f4697d3b4b.jpeg

IMG_6613.jpeg

Man ! your cruise looks just as crowded as ours. No place to sit standing room only. And a much younger crowd.

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 2

I don't know what happened, but I was receiving ALL of your postings by email, and then all of a sudden they STOPPED! I had to go to Cruise Critic, just to find you, and "catch up!"

Question about the fountain. I was thinking it had already happened, but you had said it was crowded, so maybe you didn't see. I was wondering how a person ( if they wanted to) would be able to pour some champagne in the fountain, as I had seen a picture where a lady was doing that?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, beshears said:

I don't know what happened, but I was receiving ALL of your postings by email, and then all of a sudden they STOPPED! I had to go to Cruise Critic, just to find you, and "catch up!"

Question about the fountain. I was thinking it had already happened, but you had said it was crowded, so maybe you didn't see. I was wondering how a person ( if they wanted to) would be able to pour some champagne in the fountain, as I had seen a picture where a lady was doing that?

Yeah they had some people going up and doing it. I’m not sure if there was a line for that or what. Each pour is very brief. A couple seconds just for a photo op. I don’t think it’s actually champagne because at the end they dumped it all in a bucket.

IMG_6619.jpeg

• Like 6

Greg, I have had several neighbors cruise Princess and they have told me that they are the youngest guests on the ship, and they are in their sixties.  Have you noticed that most of the guests are.....aged (trying not to be rude)?  They have also told me that the ship closes up about 7 pm because everyone goes to bed.  Any truth to this on your cruise?  I have cruised only Carnival for the past several cruises because of the evening activities and in my opinion, Carnival has the best lunch choices.  Your review is great, and I am thinking I should maybe check into pricing a Princess cruise.  By the way, I am kind of old myself. 

6 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

IMG_6600.jpeg

This is so they can prepare your luggage tags for the end of the cruise and assign a disembarkation time and location.

The tags and the disembarkation information will be delivered to your cabin about 2 days before the end of the cruise.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, beshears said:

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah they had some people going up and doing it. I’m not sure if there was a line for that or what. Each pour is very brief. A couple seconds just for a photo op. I don’t think it’s actually champagne because at the end they dumped it all in a bucket.

Right, anybody can get in a (usually) short line to pour a little into the fountain. Ship photographers take a photo of each person in hopes of selling photos.

Not real Champaign, but inexpensive sparkling wine. Waitstaff walk around with free glasses of sparkling wine.

Part of the event is a welcome aboard speech by the Captain along with the introduction of the top ship officers from Staff Captain to CD to Medical Doctor to Head Chef and more.

• Like 2

Well I am still NOT receiving your postings in my emails like I was before, so I'm glad I can go to CC and find them HERE. 🙂 Thank you for showing the picture of someone pouring the champagne (I did this 23 years ago on the higher tower) or whatever you call it, as I would like to do it again, for one of my family members to take a picture, once more. Someone mentioned that it didn't look like there were very many young people (they had been on Carnival) under the age of 60 or so, and I am much older than that (most people don't think I am by the way I look/act), and that may be true, but they must remember, this time of year, most young people are IN school.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lasvegascruising said:

Greg, I have had several neighbors cruise Princess and they have told me that they are the youngest guests on the ship, and they are in their sixties.  Have you noticed that most of the guests are.....aged (trying not to be rude)?  They have also told me that the ship closes up about 7 pm because everyone goes to bed.  Any truth to this on your cruise?  I have cruised only Carnival for the past several cruises because of the evening activities and in my opinion, Carnival has the best lunch choices.  Your review is great, and I am thinking I should maybe check into pricing a Princess cruise.  By the way, I am kind of old myself. 

I heard that as well. I would say it’s not true. That 80’s party went until midnight. Comedy tonight goes until 11:15. I would say it’s more like midnight that the ship is mostly closed up.

I haven’t had a hard time finding things I want to do at night. I’ll say this..NCL I did. I don’t know if it was the older ship or Alaska or what but there was basically 1 show a night and other than that you better like karaoke or a house band.

Here it’s more like fitting dinner into all of the things I want to do. Tonight there’s another comedian and an illusionist I want to see. There’s a game show I’d like to see as well but it’s the same time as the last comedy show so to make that work I’d have to see the earliest comedy show, the earliest illusionist show, then the game show..and fit dinner in there. Then that last show would end at 11:15.

• Like 19