Saint Greg's Regal Princess - Live - November 12, 2023

Saint Greg

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I’m really shocked this guy with me picked this tour as his first Mayan tour. Not that there’s anything wrong with it but Alton Ha is a lot closer. And out where we’re going, Xuntunich is the bigger site.

He is going because he had a dream that aliens came down and told him he needs to visit a Mayan, Aztec, and Inca site. Then they will come back and take him up in their spaceship.

no baloney sandwiches. That’s what he said.

Well? Did he make it back to the ship, or LOL did the aliens pick him up!?

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

16 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

He still has to do Inca. He’s going on a cruise out of Chile for that next year.

Ahhh has to complete the trifecta first, LOL, gotcha!

Sure would be nice if Carnival offered that room bar service based on Cheers or Drinks on Us Anywhere, I'd love that!

Edited by aztekpm
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

One guy on the boat is exactly the attitude I don’t want to see people with on this cruise. And this is the first such comment I’ve heard. But as we were passing the Magic he points and says “I’m glad we came from our ship and not that one.”

It’s really not as much different or better as he thinks.

I'm from "that ship" and can confirm your last sentence. 

• Like 6

We have terminal 1 to ourselves. Carnival is sharing terminal 2.

The boat driver told us the last shuttle is 4pm. the sign says 5 but I’ll go with 4 to be safe.

IMG_6670.thumb.jpeg.c4209a0a3c179cb4961b31bb4e86e4be.jpeg

From someone who got off at Terminal 2, it wasn't that big a deal. 1 and 2 are maybe a 3 minute walk away from each other.

Our last tender time was 4:15. We didn't have any announcements, so I guess we got everyone on board with no issues. We did leave a little late - closer to 6 than 5 (ship time, an hour later than local time).

Edited by Honolulu Blue
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, beshears said:

Caribill, thank you for your input too, in regard to the Champagne fountain. You mentioned it seemed to go along with the Captain's welcoming everyone aboard the ship, which gives me an idea to LOOK for when this is going to happen. Do you remember if it was early evening around 6:00PM or later?  Just curious, as I don't want to miss it after doing it 23 years ago.

Don't know about the Regal (but it should be listed on the Patter for that day), but on other ships this year the event has been between 6:30 and 7:30 PM on the first formal evening. Usually the Captain speaks mid-way through that hour.

• Like 2

We stopped at a store where we could purchase refreshments. Nelson bought us each a bottle of water. I bought a few beers. 

IMG_6687.thumb.jpeg.22f185e0d39fc201af18c6638ca64b8f.jpeg

DH said no more caps, so when I cruise w/o him, I take him home local beer. He loves it!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

My fennel salad pic didn’t come out. This is onion soup.

IMG_6970.jpeg

If the Rest Mgr finds out, he may try to give you another bottle of 🍷 You should take all of them they offer - you can schlep them home for the newlyweds gifts🫣

• Like 6

9 hours ago, tonit964 said:

I think this was the best tip by a CC member for you by far!! Enjoy.

Loving the live review. 

On our last cruise, we didn't have the "new" plus package on our second leg. We activated only my wifes medallion so she could order beers to our room. I used my medallion at the bar and needed my 15😀 You are only allowed to order 4 of any one at a time. She used to order 8 at a time and 4 waters. Biggest let down was there were no more Fosters Oil Cans. My refer was always FULL.