Sodas and Water for our Mini Fridge on Rotterdam

NightOne

We're going on Rotterdam in a few weeks and I have not found anywhere on the website to buy sodas to be delivered to the room. I did see a 12-pack of 12 ounce water for $37.76. Once I was shocked back to life I calculated that it amounted to $3.15 per water and I coded again. These aren't even 16 or 20 ounce waters but rather 12 ounce.

On the other cruise lines we like to order about (2) 12-packs of water and (1) 12-pack of soda to keep in our mini fridge.

We did buy the unlimited Coca Cola Package but it says that is just good for fountain soda. Does Rotterdam have a Coke freestyle machine?

What other options do I have to get soda and water for the room? Can I buy directly from the bar when onboard and more reasonable prices for water? (realize sodas may be a few dollars a can)

I have never carried on drinks because I would just rather pay and have them delivered to the room on boarding day but these water prices and lack of soda/pop/Coke options has me thinking about it.

Any advice? What are my options?

Thanks

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NightOne said:

We're going on Rotterdam in a few weeks and I have not found anywhere on the website to buy sodas to be delivered to the room. I did see a 12-pack of 12 ounce water for $37.76. Once I was shocked back to life I calculated that it amounted to $3.15 per water and I coded again. These aren't even 16 or 20 ounce waters but rather 12 ounce.

On the other cruise lines we like to order about (2) 12-packs of water and (1) 12-pack of soda to keep in our mini fridge.

We did buy the unlimited Coca Cola Package but it says that is just good for fountain soda. Does Rotterdam have a Coke freestyle machine?

What other options do I have to get soda and water for the room? Can I buy directly from the bar when onboard and more reasonable prices for water? (realize sodas may be a few dollars a can)

I have never carried on drinks because I would just rather pay and have them delivered to the room on boarding day but these water prices and lack of soda/pop/Coke options has me thinking about it.

Thanks

Room Stewards are now in control of the minibars.  On Embarkation Day, tell your Room Steward what beverages you would like and they will deliver them to you.

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 1

Not sure how much sodas and water cost if done via room service but it would be worth looking into purchasing them at the bar and bringing them to your room. I did it on our trip last month on the Rotterdam. I asked the steward to empty the fridge so I could put my things in there. We had HIA and I would order an extra can or 2 of soda every day then bring them back to the cabin.

• Like 1

Well we were on the Rotterdam....21 days in the Baltics......Just took all the stuff in the fridge and put in a drawer....told the steward where they were....they had no problem with that......then we.....

had the "all in package"....so each time we went by a bar took two cans to go and put in the fridge for our use....after a few days the fridge was filled with pop, water and beers.....easy to sit on balcony and have a cold drink.....

also....at each port we always find a grocery store as like to look at what the "local culture" is eating and buying.... usually bought a couple of tins of local beers to bring back to the ship....or pop etc and never had any trouble bring back on ship....so another way to get pop and water.....never tried for a local bottle of wine but with the all in package did not need any wine.....also took glasses of wine to go to the room....no problem with that also....

Hal does not like plastic bottles to take on at embarkation...so take something to put water in when get off at ports.....with the all in package we took cans of water with us that were from the all in package.....and water from the tap...

also why not take a suitcase with a six pack of water or pop with you when you get on.....???

others probably have more tips than us.....we liked the drink package but really never used it to the max.....we were lucky to use maybe 6 or 7 and that was not all alcohol drinks....pop, coffee, water etc....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crew News said:

Room Stewards are now in control of the minibars.  On Embarkation Day, tell your Room Steward what beverages you would like and they will deliver them to you.

I am guessing there is a price list in my cabin when I board?

1 hour ago, Kelownabccan said:

had the "all in package"....so each time we went by a bar took two cans to go and put in the fridge for our use....after a few days the fridge was filled with pop, water and beers.....easy to sit on balcony and have a cold drink.....

also why not take a suitcase with a six pack of water or pop with you when you get on.....???

If we had a drink package other than the one we have the first part sounds like a great idea. Not sure if we get $100pp value by upgrading from the one we have to the quench package.

Generally we don't carry on because of the hassle. (we are not light packers LOL)

Due to crazy prices, I buy Coke when I'm in port if there is a store that is nearby.  I don't want to lug a 12 pack or anything like that, but usually buy about 4 cans.  I ALWAYS ask the security people about bringing some cans back onboard when disembarking and it's always been yes.  So, that might be an option.  Now, some people may automatically post that you can't do that, but yes you can do that.  As I said, always ask security when leaving the ship at port.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NightOne said:

...What other options do I have to get soda and water for the room? Can I buy directly from the bar when onboard and more reasonable prices for water? (realize sodas may be a few dollars a can)

From the first FAQ:

"Items such as sodas, energy drinks or other non-alcoholic items are not allowed on board in any form. Plastic water bottles are not allowed. However, an allowance of six liters, twelve (12) cans or cartons (500 ml in volume or less) or six (6) cans or cartons (1 liter in volume or less) of water are allowed per stateroom.  Any amount in excess of this allowance will be not be allowed onboard. Water in plastic bottles will not be allowed onboard in any quantity, including in ports of call. Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Thank you!  We are 4 star on our upcoming cruise so this will result in 50% off mini bar.  Do you have any experience with how the drinks/discounts are tracked?

In addition to getting sodas at a minibar discount ($22.44 12-pack Diet Coke) from your Room Steward, the barista in Explorations Cafe offers the same discount (not any bartender and must be entered on the baristas terminal). 

The reduced price of the mini bar restocking appears on my statement at the discounted price.  I don't know how regular bar drinks are posted or tracked.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crew News said:

In addition to getting sodas at a minibar discount ($22.44 12-pack Diet Coke) from your Room Steward, the barista in Explorations Cafe offers the same discount (not any bartender and must be entered on the baristas terminal). 

The reduced price of the mini bar restocking appears on my statement at the discounted price.  I don't know how regular bar drinks are posted or tracked.

Barista as in coffee only at 50% discount, correct?

1 minute ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Barista as in coffee only at 50% discount, correct?

No,  Sodas as well in my experience.  In every case, ask the barista first for the discount on sodas to be sure.  I think their charging terminal defaults to 50% discounts for all beverages for 4 Stars and above.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, NightOne said:

Thanks for the price list.

The soda is actually $2 cheaper than the water. WOW!!! 🙂

Tap water is fine and free.  Add a small packet of drink mix and you can have a flavored water for mere pennies.

• Like 2