Logo Rebrand

newtocruiseinblue

On 11/7/2023 at 11:07 AM, NutsAboutGolf said:

One positive thing about the "Royalization" of X is they are innovators so maybe we will get some new features.  I'm sure they'll do something different with the Eden space as right now its just used as a stage for DJs/bands

We find nothing positive about Royalization of X.. lowers a good brand to mediocre.

EDEN has finally turned into  great multi use space..day and night....hate  to see it  " re- branded".

• Like 1

Was onboard the Eclipse last week and there were lots of products that had the orange new brand colour.   the folks in the shops think it is just a new option and the old colour(s), white, silver, black et all will still be available.

• 6 months later...

I'm a fan of orange - in moderation.  My alma mater has plenty of orange in the school colors, so I have my fair share of orange stuff, but outside a sports event, it can be a bit overwhelming.

I like blue, a lot - usually my car color choice - so hopefully, X can pull off a tasteful rebranding of their logo without going too far to the "nope, won't wear that orange baseball cap" level.

2 hours ago, Tom and Ingrid said:

I'm a fan of orange - in moderation.  My alma mater has plenty of orange in the school colors, so I have my fair share of orange stuff, but outside a sports event, it can be a bit overwhelming.

I like blue, a lot - usually my car color choice - so hopefully, X can pull off a tasteful rebranding of their logo without going too far to the "nope, won't wear that orange baseball cap" level.

I am sure the orange will make the food taste better and reduce the prices. I am so glad they are spending the money on this.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

I am sure the orange will make the food taste better and reduce the prices. I am so glad they are spending the money on this.

I read on the internet that they’re using a special paint that reduces air drag and makes the ship go faster.  (I might have just made that up.)

I’ve seen pictures of ships like Millie that showed lifeboats that already had a red or orange bottom.  So how is this different?

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I read on the internet that they’re using a special paint that reduces air drag and makes the ship go faster.  (I might have just made that up.)

I’ve seen pictures of ships like Millie that showed lifeboats that already had a red or orange bottom.  So how is this different?

They had to have paid some company a Million Dollars to do this type of rebrand. You would think they would put that money into making the website work, lowering prices, or improving the food in the MDR. I have 2 X booked next year, but our 2024 cruises have been 2 on Virgin and 2 more in MSC Yacht Club. 

We are doing both the X cruises with friends who chose the itineraries, not by our choice. We have an Edge on Feb 3rd in an infinite veranda ( window cabin) and the Ascent on April 6th with a stern veranda. ( a real balcony)

22 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

They had to have paid some company a Million Dollars to do this type of rebrand. You would think they would put that money into making the website work, lowering prices, or improving the food in the MDR. I have 2 X booked next year, but our 2024 cruises have been 2 on Virgin and 2 more in MSC Yacht Club. 

We are doing both the X cruises with friends who chose the itineraries, not by our choice. We have an Edge on Feb 3rd in an infinite veranda ( window cabin) and the Ascent on April 6th with a stern veranda. ( a real balcony)

We’re thinking of Princess for a 10 day Japan cruise in 2026.  But we may still do Celebrity Aqua for Japan on Millie or maybe Thailand/ Vietnam on Solstice.  I haven’t been on Millie yet but I already miss Murano.  I thought about doing the Boulud dinner again but I don’t want the same menu as the Eclipse.

I think they spent the entire 5 year marketing budget on the genius who thought up “infinite veranda” so they let the marketing interns pick the paint colors.

Edited by zitsky

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

We’re thinking of Princess for a 10 day Japan cruise in 2026.  But we may still do Celebrity Aqua for Japan on Millie or maybe Thailand/ Vietnam on Solstice.  I haven’t been on Millie yet but I already miss Murano.  I thought about doing the Boulud dinner again but I don’t want the same menu as the Eclipse.

We thought the Boulud dinner was too much to eat, too expensive, and too froo froo. We would not do it again. I would love to visit Japan, but the years are piling up.

1 hour ago, Keys Kathy said:

We thought the Boulud dinner was too much to eat, too expensive, and too froo froo. We would not do it again. I would love to visit Japan, but the years are piling up.

Japan cruises are a bit expensive depending on when you go.  We have to add in airfare and we are old enough that we don’t want to do coach for 14-17 hours to Japan.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Japan cruises are a bit expensive depending on when you go.  We have to add in airfare and we are old enough that we don’t want to do coach for 14-17 hours to Japan.

That far, it has to be Business class. We are saving our AmEx miles

5 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

We didn’t have enough United points due to the devaluation so I booked cash for our December trip to Japan in business class.  I really hope I don’t trigger anyone by saying that.

Edited by zitsky

2 hours ago, Keys Kathy said:

One always wonders what motivates any business to change things like logos or their name or marketing philosophy.

In general, though, any large corporation (or organizations in general) will always be evolving and, unless they're in a crisis situation, the "pot" of money is separate from other parts of their business. A business like X knows it will be regularly painting its ships, doing renovations, buying new stationary, replacing the free tote bags, or a bazillion other places where opting for a new logo has little real impact on their bottom line or on the prices their customers might pay.  

In the real world, if they all of a sudden decided not to spend money on a rebrand, it's infinitely far more likely that pot of cash would be doled out as an executive bonus instead of as a few bucks reduced prices for tickets or any additional menu planning & execution.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

57 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

We used miles on United to book our Premium Economy seats and was able to use Miles + $$ to get Business class on the way over but failed on the way back.  

That being said, that was cheap comparted to our IAD-NRD-SYD Business and HNL - SFO-IAD First Class tickets for our 17-night April Sydney to Honolulu trip next April.   All of those flights are just too long to tough it out in Economy Plus or Premium Economy seats.