Activities that Celebrity SHOULD offer?

zitsky

28 minutes ago, zitsky said:

My husband wants to know if the cabin attendant can teach me how to make the bed during our next cruise.  I said I’ll be too busy at the Macallan tasting.  He says “there are many sea days honey”.  😂

Alternatively, you could sit around and observe how does the attendant make the bed.

54 minutes ago, zitsky said:

My husband wants to know if the cabin attendant can teach me how to make the bed during our next cruise.  I said I’ll be too busy at the Macallan tasting.  He says “there are many sea days honey”.  😂

They may not let you into the Macallan tasting if you're husband also wants to see you barefoot and pregnant! 😉

4 minutes ago, CruisinShips said:

They may not let you into the Macallan tasting if you're husband also wants to see you barefoot and pregnant! 😉

@CruisinShips I’m a guy so that is not impossible but difficult.

@agape01 I believe in the philosophy, do a crappy job and they’ll stop asking me to do it.  It hasn’t stopped my husband from making me fold shirts HIS way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

UUMM, how about :

1---What's My Line ?

The crowd has a chance to ask a passenger 20 questions.

If he/she stumps 'em they win either a Free Cruise or an X key chain--- as selected by the CD--- The  X t shirts are saved for the golf putting contest.

2-- Hamburger eating contest--- A $ 2.00 entry fee -- eat as many as you can in 5 minutes--- the winner gets 2 free visits to the medical clinic and a 12 pack of Imodium.

3--Guess the Distance ---- A $5.00 entry fee---- Whoever guesses the correct distance travelled from port to " wherever " overnight, as per the Captain's10am announcement wins whatever is in the pot, minus Celebrity's $ 200 " handling fee ". 

4-- Silent Disco at the pool in bare feet--- Anyone that enters receives $100 OBC if they last 2 minutes without breaking their neck. Grabbing on to , lets say --- better forget who ---disqualifies you.

And finally--- CC Posts while on the cruise---- Whoever posts the most posts regarding a post they read ( " Who's the XYZ on board " ) wins 1000 Free minutes on wifi. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

My husband wants to know if the cabin attendant can teach me how to make the bed during our next cruise.

I would not have survived such a comment.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

What if the cabin attendant teaches your husband how to make the bed during the next cruise?😁

• Like 4

1 hour ago, peanut head said:

What if the cabin attendant teaches your husband how to make the bed during the next cruise?😁

My husband already knows the CORRECT way to make the bed.  When he visits his elderly mother I make it myself.  Takes 5 seconds to pull the sheets up and lay them on the top of the bed.  The cat doesn’t seem to mind.  😂

Activities Celebrity SHOULD offer:

-- Mashed potato sculpting (Beginners thru Advanced level)

-- Be a Celebrity Butler for a day (help alleviate the pinch while learning sure-fire tips for dealing with entitled passengers)

-- Skeet Shooting (Brings back a 'traditional' activity with a modern twist. Instead of clay pigeon, belongings gathered from hogged pool chairs will be bundled and shot from the air cannon)

On Solstice-class ships:

-- Trim Celebrity's Lawn (hand clippers provided)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

At the risk of being wrong, to have some humor with the chance to actually suggest something that might be considered.  The beauty of it is most games/suggestions cost little to nothing to have fun.

I always liked the passenger engagements where the winner(s) got "trinkets like a logo key chain, maybe a t-shirt, etc.  I also think that Celebrity and others have gone away from the mass volume of tourist style logo t-shirts and stuff.  

On past cruises, way back DW and I over time won a number of bottles of wine and on Royal, and with Ship Shape dollars earned hats, t-shirts, water bottles and even little medals all in the spirit of fun with crew and other passengers

As specific suggestions:

*We used to enjoy mid morning quizzes 

*Name that tune or another game for everyone to watch and participate in.  Usually there were gals vs guys .  One I liked was where they would play a few bars of a song and the first to get to 1 of 2 chairs and correctly name the song, got a point for guys or gals.  It was always very entertaining and fun to be a part of having fun and for me, I looked forward to it before or after dinner depending on our dining time that evening. (this game may have been on Royal as I think about it).

Edited by shipshape sam