Show reservations

Raburgardt

1 hour ago, Raburgardt said:

Anybody sailing Regal Princess recently have to make reservations for the evening show?  If so, this is new to me.  Never had to do this on other Princess cruises.  

There are no reservations for shoes.  People who buy premier packages have some reserved areas everything else is what you can find 

• Thanks 1

@Raburgardt 'reservations' for anything are a way for the Entertainment Director to gauge events popularity .... anyway thats what one of them told me. The only event it really seems to matter to is the arts & crafts hour (guess it's to know how many kits to make up? They have run out)

Depending on your familiarity with this new practice by Princess in the theatre, the term reserved seating can be confusing for some. On NCL, you do need to use their reservation system to actually make reservations for their shows in order to guarantee a seat. So I'm not surprised when people see reserved theatre seating as a Premier benefit, they might think they have to actually pre-reserve somehow, like a dining reservation.

In actual practice, what happens is that several rows of prime seats are reserved in the theatre with a blue seat cover noting they are reserved. Princess staff will direct people with Premier benefits or who need handicap seating to those seats up to 5 minutes before the show starts when they are opened for everyone.

So, OP, if you have Premier benefits, you just need to make sure you show up at least 5 to 10 minutes before the show starts and you should be able to choose one of those reserved spots.

Edited by karatemom2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

Depending on your familiarity with this new practice by Princess in the theatre, the term reserved seating can be confusing for some. On NCL, you do need to use their reservation system to actually make reservations for their shows in order to guarantee a seat. So I'm not surprised when people see reserved theatre seating as a Premier benefit, they might think they have to actually pre-reserve somehow, like a dining reservation.

In actual practice, what happens is that several rows of prime seats are reserved in the theatre with a blue seat cover noting they are reserved. Princess staff will direct people with Premier benefits or who need handicap seating to those seats up to 5 minutes before the show starts when they are opened for everyone.

So, OP, if you have Premier benefits, you just need to make sure you show up at least 5 to 10 minutes before the show starts and you should be able to choose one of those reserved spots.

Just grab a couple of pool towels earlier in the day and use them to "reserve" the seat you want.  If it like the Melanoma Deck, you can leave them there for hours and the staff will look the other way. 😜

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Just grab a couple of pool towels earlier in the day and use them to "reserve" the seat you want.  If it like the Melanoma Deck, you can leave them there for hours and the staff will look the other way. 😜

On Majestic now and they are enforcing the "no reserving" theater seats, and shows are full,  including many premier package folks using theirs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Hi SargassoPirate,

I love it  😀 But it won’t work I know a guy that takes all the towels off the seats. 😳😀

A517AEF4-5630-4612-94A8-F6B72AB1DB42.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 11/13/2023 at 4:00 PM, karatemom2 said:

The seats that I've seen reserved by the staff for the Premier packages are NOT prime seats.  I like front row center, and the reserved seats have been about 10 rows back, stage right.

1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

The seats that I've seen reserved by the staff for the Premier packages are NOT prime seats.  I like front row center, and the reserved seats have been about 10 rows back, stage right.

We had center,  about 1/3 of the way back lower level,  prime view. 

10 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

SWMBO and I prefer wayyy back and on or close to the aisle so that if the show sucks or if it's over-amplified we can leave easily.  

Works for us.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

SWMBO and I prefer wayyy back and on or close to the aisle so that if the show sucks or if it's over-amplified we can leave easily.  

Works for us.

You've got that right.  It also allows for a quick escape just before the end of the performance. 

23 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

Works for us.

I don't generally do this for shows (I have a good ibstinct for what I'll like), but I have done this for comedians I'm unsure about. This has the bonus of avoiding being part of the show.

• Haha 1

Just to note, the "reserved seats" for Premier people only apply to the production shows and not for a  guest singer performance , or one of the alleged "comedians" they book.

@MissP22, one of my pet peeves is people who are up in the aisles and leaving the theatre BEFORE the show is over and the cast takes their bows.  I find it rude to the performers and inconsiderate to those of us who want to stay until the end as our view of the stage is blocked.  

I understand why people do it, but harrumph, I don't like it!  😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

Just to note, the "reserved seats" for Premier people only apply to the production shows and not for a  guest singer performance , or one of the alleged "comedians" they book.

@MissP22, one of my pet peeves is people who are up in the aisles and leaving the theatre BEFORE the show is over and the cast takes their bows.  I find it rude to the performers and inconsiderate to those of us who want to stay until the end as our view of the stage is blocked.  

I understand why people do it, but harrumph, I don't like it!  😉

Well you certainly wouldn't approve of us

We like to get seats for the next show and waiting till everyone stands up, just doesn't work.

22 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

Are they enforcing no reserving pool deck loungers as well?

I don't think so. We never had a problem finding a place to sit.

Being from Florida we try to stay out of the  sun anyway. 

5 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

Yeah, I've moved to the shady spots in recent years and the Melanoma Deck is seldom a quiet spot to read anyway.

The husband only had surgery 4 weeks ago to have a cancerous tumor removed , so it's  a little to soon for sun exposure. 

41 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

The husband only had surgery 4 weeks ago to have a cancerous tumor removed , so it's  a little to soon for sun exposure. 

Oh, man.  I hope he's doing ok.

I was never a sun worshipper but did a lot of outdoor activities when I was younger.  I've been lucky so far with just a few "age spots"

On 11/17/2023 at 5:09 PM, SargassoPirate said:

Oh, man.  I hope he's doing ok.

I was never a sun worshipper but did a lot of outdoor activities when I was younger.  I've been lucky so far with just a few "age spots"

It was minor surgery but having to avoid sun on a cruise is tough to do.