Is "Deluxe Beverage Package" the only alcoholic choice?

On 11/15/2023 at 9:04 PM, Tree_skier said:

Not being a wine drinker I've never understood this.  Wouldn't you just order by the glass for free or small up charge instead of a whole bottle at only 40% off.  The math on that never made sense to me.

Doesn't the math depend on how many glasses come out of a bottle?

On 11/17/2023 at 2:28 PM, The Scurvy Pirate said:

There is a whole other discussion on corkage fee.  The "rules" say there is one but apparently no one, including me, has ever been actually charged (o'k, I think there was this one person but that may have been waiter related...).  It used to be two bottles per stateroom, but they changed it one bottle per adult limited to two per stateroom.  I guess maybe some solo cruisers were bringing two bottles.  You can put the wine in your checked backage (where you give it to the porter at the cruise terminal that later gets delivered to your room) or you can put it in a carry on bag that you lug around the cruise ship until your room is ready.  Because there is no coordination between those two luggage systems, some people have been rumored to put two bottles in the checked baggae and then take two more that they put in a carry on/roller bag.

The "rules" say one bottle per person and it must be in your carry on.

1 hour ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

No. Since by the glass with the bev package is free, it does not matter how many you pour out of the bottle.

The glass is only free if it is a wine below the $14 limit. Some wines could be well above that. If you are paying an upcharge per glass then the number of glasses in the bottle very much factors in.

On 11/16/2023 at 10:01 AM, The Scurvy Pirate said:

You can also bring one bottle of wine each (up to two per stateroom).  Some have said they were able to put 2 bottles in their checked luggage and 2 bottles in a carry on.  You can also get small bottles of liquor and beer/truly through Royal Gifts.  Choices are limited and aren't necessarily the best "value" as opposed to pay as you go.  But, these are additional options.

There is no “per stateroom” limit. 

1 hour ago, cruisinsince75 said:

What is the price for the deluxe beverage package?

It varies by ship and sailing (dynamic pricing). Seems to typically fall in the $70-90 pp/pd range, sometimes you might get lucky and have a lower price than even $70, but lately anything below $75 also seems rare. 

On 11/17/2023 at 8:07 PM, KelJ said:

It is now one bottle per adult in the stateroom.  Sailing solo?  One bottle.  Two adults in the room?  Two bottles.  Three adults in the room?  Three bottles.  Four adults in the room?  Four bottles.  You get the gist.

Just for reference it is one bottle of wine per adult of 'drinking age'.

Obvious I know but  I once caught the tail end of a conversation someone was having with security where a Mum and Dad with a couple of kids around 14 years old were trying to take four bottles of wine onboard. They were arguing that the two kids being over 12 are classified and charged for as adults by Royal.

Some people 😀 

• Haha 1

On 11/16/2023 at 8:09 AM, Elusive_Cruiser said:

We generally buy the package (lowest level) as we prefer the upgraded coffees and bottled water and just do not like having to keep track!

You didn't say what your loyalty status is on Celebrity.
If you are Elite on Celebrity, you would be Diamond on Royal Caribbean, which would mean you can get 4 drinks per day up to $14/$15 (depending on the ship). 
With that in mind, you may want to look at the Refreshment Package (everything the Deluxe has except alcohol) 

Edited by LilBlackDress

On 11/24/2023 at 8:23 PM, cruisinsince75 said:

What is the price for the deluxe beverage package?

Expensive!! I’m a UK guest 

I’ve been looking since I booked Utopia of the sea and the discounted Black Friday offer Is £81.85 per person approx $100!
Ridiculous… cruised Celebrity for first time in September and have booked a may cruise with them,…their offers on drinks are much cheaper around £49 per day Premium package

3 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I miss the old Select Beer, Wine and Soda package that used to be available. 

I am not a spirit/liquor drinker and would have maybe 1 cocktail per cruise and just stick to beer and cider or soda so the deluxe package is just not good value for me

Same (though my upcoming cruise will be my first). I definitely don’t drink enough to make the deluxe package worth it, but I would probably buy a less expensive package that was only wine, beer and soda since I would enjoy having a couple glasses of wine on most days (it’s vacation!!). Without a package though, I’m less likely to order as much by the glass. 

On 11/26/2023 at 7:37 PM, dino1037 said:

Expensive!! I’m a UK guest 

I’ve been looking since I booked Utopia of the sea and the discounted Black Friday offer Is £81.85 per person approx $100!
Ridiculous… cruised Celebrity for first time in September and have booked a may cruise with them,…their offers on drinks are much cheaper around £49 per day Premium package

Depends on the sailing - the Black Friday deal for my wonder sailing was £60

On 11/17/2023 at 4:31 PM, Tree_skier said:

That makes sense... Is there a significant percentage of wines that are only available by the bottle.  

There were when we were on Harmony a couple of weeks ago. I'd say maybe up to a third of the wines were by the bottle.

• Thanks 1