coffee package

dakacz

2 hours ago, dakacz said:

Does princess still have the coffee package where you get a number of coffee on your medallion?

The coffee pkg/card program was discontinued many many months ago. You must not have been on Princess for quite awhile.  Many elites have shared disappointment they no longer can trade out their mini bars for the coffee pkg.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

931E4A62-53E3-4B4E-A05E-AC37DA9D93AF.thumb.jpeg.0066e7d325b82fb501ba570f78c3ae0e.jpeg@dakaczno package any longer, just for coffee.But here are the prices. I believe these are current but they could have changed. In my opinion I don’t think the coffees are that expensive .so you actually might come out ahead unless you drink five of these a day but only you can determine if you need the Plus or premier package

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, arizonaperson said:

931E4A62-53E3-4B4E-A05E-AC37DA9D93AF.thumb.jpeg.0066e7d325b82fb501ba570f78c3ae0e.jpeg@dakaczno package any longer, just for coffee.But here are the prices. I believe these are current but they could have changed. In my opinion I don’t think the coffees are that expensive .so you actually might come out ahead unless you drink five of these a day but only you can determine if you need the Plus or premier package

7 minutes ago, ISABELLA said:

Is the regular coffee still bad? I remember from 20 years ago - it was terrible. Maybe new Sun will have good coffee.

I thought it was slightly better,but still not great.

If they make it to good, there won't be as much incentive to purchase the plus package.

The coffee package is the item I miss the most, and on long trips I would buy two!  I was not impressed by the Lavazza brew in the buffet.  Still bitter 

A latte in the IC was $4 plus 18% tips total $4.72 per cup.  Not a bad deal.

Oh and still miss the free internet minutes!

I need a package for daily tips, internet and coffee.  That I would buy 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Therese S. said:

I need a package for daily tips, internet and coffee.  That I would buy 

Don't think you're alone there.  We drink a lot of water and, at least for now, the pre-purchase on Princess is a pretty good deal.  And yes, I know we can drink it out of the tap!

2 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Don't think you're alone there.  We drink a lot of water and, at least for now, the pre-purchase on Princess is a pretty good deal.  And yes, I know we can drink it out of the tap!

We also drink a lot of water and pre-purchase multiples of the package of 12.  I used  to always get swollen ankles and fingers whenever we cruised,  Once I started purchasing our own water the problem has gone away.    I’m always reminded that the water on the ship is fine to drink, but feel there’s too much sodium in it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Therese S. said:

We also drink a lot of water and pre-purchase multiples of the package of 12.  I used  to always get swollen ankles and fingers whenever we cruised,  Once I started purchasing our own water the problem has gone away.    I’m always reminded that the water on the ship is fine to drink, but feel there’s too much sodium in it.

Appreciate you mentioning that. First noticed this as soap on the ship lathered up more and clothes washed cleaner than at home. Also I noticed that I would have weight gain that would go away a couple days after coming home. The cooks use too much salt, obviously, but I didn't think about so-called soft water.

I've read that increasing potassium counteracts sodium. I'm going to make an effort to eat high potassium foods on the ship, such as yogurt for breakfast. Or bring coconut water onboard.

Edited by mtnesterz

2 hours ago, d9704011 said:

On our last cruise, not on Princess, we had our taxi driver stop at the Publix near the port, and I bought 2 12 packs of their water.  I was surprised it was almost $6/pack.  A 12 pack here at home is about $2.  I guess being near the port, and a vacation location is why, but in the future if I think I need to buy water for a cruise on Princess, I will pay the $7 they are currently charging.  I won't be surprised that it will go up soon, but at least for today, that is a good deal compared to buying it 500 yards from the ship. 🙂