Labadee Roller coaster

cruisin73

5 hours ago, cruisin73 said:

Any thoughts on the Coaster?  Fun and exciting or pretty boring?

I actually enjoyed it.   I road it 3 times.   Great view of the coast and the ship.   
If you have enough room in front of you and no one slows you down you can get up some good speed that actually lifted me out of my seat.  Lol.  

here’s some video.   

Edited by Cruise5life
  • Like 1

Absolutely fun and worth it - even for the unlimited pass.  No, it's not Universal Studios roller coaster flying 100mph and upside down, but it's a great ride from the top of the mountain, meandering thru a tropical canopy of trees, with awesome views of Labadee and the ships in port.  It's a unique experience that's a bit of a throw-back (e.g. manual brakes) but strikes the right balance for almost all ages.

My wife loved it, I thought it was fine... The local operator handing out wrist bands upgraded us to unlimited and I rode it 3-4 times, once for the experience, once for the view, once to see how fast I could go, etc. I don't feel the need to book it again.  But my three rides (or whatever) made it worth the $20 or so that we paid initially.

That many times on that seat with the drops going full blast, your rear end must have been sore.  Or did you have some type of cushion?

I went 20+ rounds with my son and I was sore. I can only imagine doing it 72 times. Must have been very few people riding that day that you hit 72 trips. At 5 minutes a ride, it would take 6 hours to do it 72 times! It took us about 7 hours to do the 20 something trips when we last rode it. Get off and walk back to the boarding area and wait 15-30 minutes in line to get back on.

If our cruising paths ever cross on Labadee, we will have to get together and ride the coaster!  A fellow kid at heart would make for some great times and laughs!

Edited by frank808