Crystal Serenity December 2nd to December 16th

Emdee

5 minutes ago, ryndam said:

Oliver Holland. My opinion and my opinion only. Pleasant enough piano player. Sound level allows conversation with other guests.  After discreetly asking a half dozen requests, and received an “I don’t know that, I don’t play that”, I just suggested he play whatever he’s comfortable from his songbook. Nice background music. Others may feel different. 

Rob

Thanks Rob, really helpful. Not quite the sing a long advertised, perhaps🙂. Fingers crossed that Joel may be back when we sail...

57 minutes ago, ryndam said:

Individual tastes in decor differ. But I found the carpet selection in the 2023 renovated staterooms disturbing. Looks like bodily fluid spills. Maybe it’s just me…🤪🤣

Rob

IMG_8683.jpeg

IMG_8672.jpeg

I'm so used to hospitality carpets that the color (in the context of the new furnishings) and pattern look really nice to me...  It's only when I read everyone else's comments that I realize how warped my reality is by my experience.  😄 

I will say though, if any of your/anyone's bodily fluids manage to stain a carpet that color, you need to proceed to a doctor immediately!

Vince

Edited by BWIVince
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, ryndam said:

Individual tastes in decor differ. But I found the carpet selection in the 2023 renovated staterooms disturbing. Looks like bodily fluid spills. Maybe it’s just me…🤪🤣

Rob

IMG_8683.jpeg

IMG_8672.jpeg

Just closed down the Cove. Dinner was really amazing. Caviar. Escargot. Crab cakes. And an astounding cotton candy dessert perfection. Sinatra tribute show tonite. Wow. We’re not “Crystal cheerleaders”, but it really hard not to be impressed. Fwiw, I was acknowledged in the Crystal society party tonite as 5th most previous Crystal cruises. Nice. Another full sea day tomorrow. Asian specially lunch tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Rob

• Like 6

Asian specialty lunch in Marketplace today. Huge variety. The Thai coconut lemongrass soup was wonderful. Maybe I appeared unusually needy today, but I had a server following me around the buffet and carried everything back to the table. Also lunch served in Waterside. A much more traditional offering, for those that do not care for Asian cuisine.

Weiner schnitzel and Dover sole on the menu tonite. Choices and decisions.

Rob

• Like 2

On 12/4/2023 at 9:57 AM, ryndam said:

Rob

IMG_8683.jpeg

IMG_8672.jpeg

6 hours ago, lincslady said:

Snacks look lovely. 

Carpets appalling.

It would seriously curb my appetite on the way to any dining facility…

• Haha 2

Went to mass to give thanks for the many mercies received especially my recovery.

The Lido guys are on top of their game. One day and they knew exactly the set up I liked and my drink special of salted fresh lime juice appeared miraculously while  I battled the serious waves of the Wave Pool a little bit before finally bowing down to the forces of nature! Serenity is a very stable ship in choppy seas but no walkabout for me today. 

I too found the Asian buffet very good. Topped it off with an ice cream. 
My plate was also carried to my seat but everyone is very solicitous about my condition and some are even keeping track of my daily steps and egging me on. 

The recuperation is going better than expected and DH tells me there are several holidaying doctors on board ,besides himself, should I need them. 

We didn’t go for the Crystal society cocktail or as I keep mistakenly calling it the Seven seas society cocktail… haven’t been for one of these in ages. Maybe will show up next week… or not.

Unfortunately didn’t make the Sinatra show either.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, lincslady said:

Snacks look lovely. 

Carpets appalling.

The only time I ever noticed the carpeting on Crystal was one morning waking up at eye level with the carpet after a night spent too long at the Avenue.  OTOH, the pile(carpet, not me, although that applies) was very plush.

• Haha 2

On 12/3/2023 at 6:57 PM, KenzSailing said:

Recipe please?    Maybe on the off topic entry.  Lamb(cooking it) intimidates the heck out of me.

I find lamb as easy as steak. I would happily share if you put an email address here...