Silhouette charged my Canadian Credit card in error

drakes2

19 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

The Free 5 minutes massages are now reduced to 2 minutes any more than that is $2 a minute.  Total rip off they had an offer for $179 plus 20% for 75 minutes instead of 55 but would not let me get the Elite plus discount.  That was on the Silly last week. 

LOL--- YOU are smarter than me ---

When she "let me go" she said I looked  20 years younger already---

Well, that lasted until I returned to our Stateroom and peeked into the mirror !! 

She also said that the nice smelling "stuff" was like a " gift " from the Persian Gardens because it was sooooo cheap --- and on sale for this cruise only ! 

Anyway, after a few days smelling like a peach etc, etc.

22 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

LOL--- YOU are smarter than me ---

When she "let me go" she said I looked  20 years younger already---

Well, that lasted until I returned to our Stateroom and peeked into the mirror !! 

She also said that the nice smelling "stuff" was like a " gift " from the Persian Gardens because it was sooooo cheap --- and on sale for this cruise only ! 

Anyway, after a few days smelling like a peach etc, etc.

Don't you love it when they say I don't want you to miss out on this great sale for today only then a week later the sale is still on. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Would it work to just set up a “cash account” and not give them your credit card at all?

I find it easier to just let the CC handle it all…no standing in line to clear account, no fretting over a small charge like the OP is doing…roll with it. 

20 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Would it work to just set up a “cash account” and not give them your credit card at all?

Nope. No option for cash account. As I said before this GR agent was confused.  In all honestly they don't have any banking experience and that's where the issue seems to lie. He took forever to finish a simple cash transaction.

6 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I find it easier to just let the CC handle it all…no standing in line to clear account, no fretting over a small charge like the OP is doing…roll with it. 

I would not call it "fretting"

I see this post as calling out Celebrity on a "mistake" that cost the OP money.

It is as she said the Principle of the situation and the more it is ignored the more it will happen!

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

I would not call it "fretting"

I see this post as calling out Celebrity on a "mistake" that cost the OP money.

It is as she said the Principle of the situation and the more it is ignored the more it will happen!

What time is it in Australia?  What day is it? Have a good one mate. 

36 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

What time is it in Australia?  What day is it? Have a good one mate. 

I just had a look at my online visa statement. Celebrity charged me $122 USD converted at an exchange rate of 1.41 approximately. After using my NR OBC my balance due was $78.  Gave the guest relations agent $100 bill owing me $22 which was given to me.  Yes mistakes happen more often than people are aware and I am blown away by the number of people who never check their statements 

• Thanks 2

On 12/2/2023 at 6:31 AM, drakes2 said:

Its very little money but that's not the point. Can you imagine how much profit they would make if this happened to every guest who settled their account then gets charged and does nothing about it. 

I agree the amount is not the point.  After reading through this, is Celebrity making anything off of this exchange rate differential? They mistakenly charge X amount of US dollars to your card and some financial institution handles the exchange to Canadian currency.  They recognize the error and credit back X amount of US dollars and some financial institution handles the exchange.  How they profit is not clear to me.    

9 hours ago, ldubs said:

I agree the amount is not the point.  After reading through this, is Celebrity making anything off of this exchange rate differential? They mistakenly charge X amount of US dollars to your card and some financial institution handles the exchange to Canadian currency.  They recognize the error and credit back X amount of US dollars and some financial institution handles the exchange.  How they profit is not clear to me.    

You are correct Celebrity would only profit if they did not reverse the transaction and its Visa International that handles the transaction.  I also went down to guest services 2 days prior to the end of cruise to inquire about getting a shuttle to airport. Just happened to get this same agent and asked and was told shuttle leaves 7;30

I said how can that be since we arrive at 7 a.m and luggage won't be ready. He said meeting time is 7 30 in theater shuttle leaves 8 15. Oh great I said can I register for shuttle? Nope, shuttle is already full. Ask a stupid question you get a stupid answer. 😆 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, drakes2 said:

You are correct Celebrity would only profit if they did not reverse the transaction and its Visa International that handles the transaction.  I also went down to guest services 2 days prior to the end of cruise to inquire about getting a shuttle to airport. Just happened to get this same agent and asked and was told shuttle leaves 7;30

I said how can that be since we arrive at 7 a.m and luggage won't be ready. He said meeting time is 7 30 in theater shuttle leaves 8 15. Oh great I said can I register for shuttle? Nope, shuttle is already full. Ask a stupid question you get a stupid answer. 😆 

The 8:15 shuttle leaves at 7:30.  Makes perfect sense!  hahaha

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, drakes2 said:

guest services

" Guest Services " ??-- Please listen " slowly ".

Guest Services Reception Counter is only good for:

1--Changing $$ bills into lower denominations--

" Can you please change this $100 bill into 6 $20's "? 

Answer : NO problem, would you like it all in $10's "

2--" I would like to file a complaint "--

Procedure: Write14 pages , tell passenger it will be forwarded to HO for review , at the end of the cruise , " forwarded " into trash can.

3-- " I would like to speak to the Hotel Manager " ? --

Procedure: " Can I tell him/her what it's about " ?--- 14 minutes later " Sorry, Mr/Ms etc is in a meeting".

4-- " There's no pen in our Stateroom "-- 

Answer: " We only supply pens in Suites--- I can lend you mine ".

5-- " Why are all the GR Staff laughing "-- 

Answer: "You should hear some of the BS why Passengers remove the Gratuities, or the  compensation Passengers ask for because there were NO friggin , etc ,etc in the buffet".

• Haha 1