Royal Up program

2 minutes ago, carefreegirl said:

Just curious, anyone have luck putting the minimum bid in and receiving a Royal Up? 

On upcoming cruise we received an offer  to go from a balcony cabin to a Grand Suite for 140.pp bid. Did anyone win their bid with just the minimum?

We did but the minimum was considerably more than 140pp.   

If the upgrade is only worth $140 (x2) to you, then that’s what you should bid.  If you bud you have a chance.  Remember though, there are a lot of other people in balcony cabins on your ship who will be eligible to bid on GS; some of them will probably bid more.  There are also people in JS who are also eligible to bid on JS; their bids could beat yours, too.  Decide how much the GS is worth to you and you can afford.

You can do a mock booking for that date and see how many cabins in the category are available.

I think with ships being so full these days, it's harder to get. 

I have a bid right now, an amount worth it to me over the minimum but still "weak," and two OS available. 

Not feeling optimistic. 

How late can you hear about the upgrades?  We put in a bid (low) for an upgrade to a junior suite a few weeks ago for a sailing next week and didn't know when we'd hear. I assume the only way we'd get it is if someone canceled at the last minute as the sailing is so full.

7 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

What ship and sail date

I see Spectrum 12/19

We will be able to tell you what cabins are left and your chances 

Since most ships sail above 100% capacity these days - chances are slim to none

however 

There are 6 JS  (J4) suites available 

are you just 2 PAX

It is very strange that the only available cabins on your sailing are x6 JS 

Everything else is WLT or CLS

Nancy 

Yes, that is my sailing and yes, just two passengers. Do you think I have a chance for the junior suite upgrade? We really don't like our assigned balcony stateroom, but there's no other balcony rooms available. 

It's so odd, I just received an email from Royal Caribbean regarding my RoyalUp bid. I received the below message and there were no changes (same stateroom) so I resubmitted my bid:

RESERVATION MODIFICATION

This email is to let you know that we’ve cancelled your requested RoyalUp upgrade due to a change in your reservation.

2 hours ago, Animalgirl27 said:

It's so odd, I just received an email from Royal Caribbean regarding my RoyalUp bid. I received the below message and there were no changes (same stateroom) so I resubmitted my bid:

RESERVATION MODIFICATION

This email is to let you know that we’ve cancelled your requested RoyalUp upgrade due to a change in your reservation.

Did you have your guarantee room assigned today? I’ve heard of the room being assigned cancelling the bids. 

23 minutes ago, amby6063 said:

Did you have your guarantee room assigned today? I’ve heard of the room being assigned cancelling the bids. 

Yes that was it! I did the bar code trick so I knew what room I was getting for a while now, but yes it was officially assigned today. 

3 minutes ago, Animalgirl27 said:

Yes that was it! I did the bar code trick so I knew what room I was getting for a while now, but yes it was officially assigned today. 

That makes sense! I guess I can wait for that email instead of checking the app 8000 times per day if the room has been assigned 😂 we’re 34 days out and know the number via the barcode trick too 

5 hours ago, Animalgirl27 said:

Yes, that is my sailing and yes, just two passengers. Do you think I have a chance for the junior suite upgrade? We really don't like our assigned balcony stateroom, but there's no other balcony rooms available. 

If you really don’t like your stateroom, perhaps you ought to bid more than $110pp for an upgrade to a JS.  A lot of people have the opportunity to bid in those JS cabins on a large ship like Spectrum

Edited by Starry Eyes

10 hours ago, Morecruisesplz said:

Cancel your bid. Then go back and bid the max on a JS.

Yeah I'm not willing to spend another $1K a person on a 5 day cruise. Even though I don't like my assigned balcony room, I really won't be spending a ton of time in it and there's only one sea day. I'd rather use the money on shore excursions and the rest of the vacation.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2023 at 10:52 AM, Animalgirl27 said:

Yeah I'm not willing to spend another $1K a person on a 5 day cruise. Even though I don't like my assigned balcony room, I really won't be spending a ton of time in it and there's only one sea day. I'd rather use the money on shore excursions and the rest of the vacation.

I wanted to circle back and update you that I was able to win a RoyalUp bid for $65 a person to a balcony stateroom with an extra large balcony. It was on deck 8. I won the bid around 5 days before the cruise. It was a great room.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Animalgirl27 said:

I wanted to circle back and update you that I was able to win a RoyalUp bid for $65 a person to a balcony stateroom with an extra large balcony. It was on deck 8. I won the bid around 5 days before the cruise. It was a great room.

We are on 8 on Spectrum. It’s classified as obstructed but i cant see anything! What # did you get?  

On 12/2/2023 at 1:58 PM, carefreegirl said:

Just curious, anyone have luck putting the minimum bid in and receiving a Royal Up? 

On upcoming cruise we received an offer  to go from a balcony cabin to a Grand Suite for 140.pp bid. Did anyone win their bid with just the minimum?

We just won a Royal Up with minimum.bid 3 weeks out from cruise!

• Like 1