Sushi On Five Questions - Eclipse

Shay Shay

2 hours ago, sdnich said:

We have when there was a waitlist on a sea day .I think it depends on the cruise and weather.Our cruise it was cold and rainy so everyone was inside.

I have been on many X cruises and eat in Sushi On 5 and Raw On 5 and never had to make reservations, never seen it that full either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, m8zenblue said:

I have been on many X cruises and eat in Sushi On 5 and Raw On 5 and never had to make reservations, never seen it that full either.

I also have never made a reservation nor have I had dinner there. But on this particular cruise, it was busy.! We just went back the next day to get the lobster Ramen :)

33 minutes ago, sdnich said:

I also have never made a reservation nor have I had dinner there. But on this particular cruise, it was busy.! We just went back the next day to get the lobster Ramen 🙂

Get the Tonkatsu Ramen, it's much better !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I am looking at what times are available for dinner on my cruise.  There are some evenings where the only available slots are late ...  8 PM or later.  These are on sea days.  You probably could not pop in on such a day.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Thanks 1

The Celebrity app for my sailing indicates that Sushi on Five has an abbreviated menu for lunch and a full menu for dinner. Is the app correct? If so, I'll be disappointed, as I'm planning on having lunch there, but I'm interested in items that apparently are only available in their full dinner menu.

You can also get sushi to go and eat in your cabin—it makes a nice late-night snack. On a cruise last year I had all-included and lots of OBC, so I ate there twice a day, trying all the sushi and ramen. I found it more relaxed than the MDR, and as a single solo cruiser, it was nice to have pleasant female servers.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tjunmin said:

The Celebrity app for my sailing indicates that Sushi on Five has an abbreviated menu for lunch and a full menu for dinner. Is the app correct? If so, I'll be disappointed, as I'm planning on having lunch there, but I'm interested in items that apparently are only available in their full dinner menu.

When are you sailing, @tjunmin? Mine shows the same for my June 9 cruise, but apparently those new menus we're seeing haven't been rolled out to current cruises.

Screenshot_20231122-171130.png

Screenshot_20231122-171207.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, m8zenblue said:

You can make reservations definitely !

We have never had to do it, we have just walked in for lunch and dinner .

In the cruise planner I can only make reservations there for dinner.  Yet I am interested in eating there for lunch.  Make a reservation while onboard?  I suspect that for lunch they will not be booked.

Edited by NMTraveller

1 hour ago, AndyCapn said:

When are you sailing, @tjunmin? Mine shows the same for my June 9 cruise, but apparently those new menus we're seeing haven't been rolled out to current cruises.

I'm sailing in a week on the Constellation. This will be my first cruise since the pandemic, thus not familiar with the changes that have taken place at Celebrity. I seem to recall, pre-pandemic, that Sushi on 5 had the full menu at lunch time, but it has been four years, so I'm not 100% sure.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you are new to sushi the best thing is to go for anything with yellow tail tuna also called hamachi, it is a nice texture and not fishy. If you don’t want to try fish go for California rolls they are just a mix of vegetables. You just dip your sushi ito a little soy sauce and pop it in your mouth, yummmm 😋

PS The paste is a Japanese horse radish called wasabi it is very hot, some people put it in their soy sauce that is put in little bowls. In Japan they do not put the wasabi in the soy sauce because there is suppose to be the correct amount of wasabi already in the sushi roll. But I say do what you want. Your granddaughter will guid you

• Like 1

On 12/16/2023 at 2:27 PM, cltnccruisers said:

Our granddaughter will be with us on Silhouette in April.  She loves sushi.  DW and I have never had it. I have promised to take GD to Sushi on Five for lunch.  Any suggestions for a 100% sushi newbie?

Sushi on 5 doesn’t only serve sushi.  And they have cooked sushi rolls as well.  Like tempura shrimp with avocado… Also goyza dumplings…ramen…lots of choices for someone not certain about raw fish.