2 Casual Dinning Meals with Princess Plus

cactusrose

I just saw that Princess has added 2 casual dining meals per guest to the Princess Plus package.  Some of the older ships don't have many pay-for-causual dining venues.  Does anyone know which venuses would be included in this perk on the Crown? 

18 minutes ago, cactusrose said:

I just saw that Princess has added 2 casual dining meals per guest to the Princess Plus package.  Some of the older ships don't have many pay-for-casual dining venues.  Does anyone know which venues would be included in this perk on the Crown? 

Check out the Deck Plans on Princess.com.  Also, on Princess.com, they used to have the details of all the Casual Dining locations here:  https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/food-and-dining

I see they have removed access to those pages and there is no link.  IDK why that is, but I do notice all the pages in the food and dining section have been redesigned, so either they are working on the CD info or omitted providing a link to more detailed pages.

The deck plans will show you the CD locations.  Generally, will be on Decks 5 thru 7, plus Lido Deck on all ships except Sun Class.

Vines, Salty Dog Gastropub, and if Sushi served anywhere.  They may also have Planks & Steamers pop-up in Buffet some days.  This was all documented on the website and IDK why it seems removed (or hidden somewhere else).

Edited by Steelers36

19 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Check out the Deck Plans on Princess.com.  Also, on Princess.com, they used to have the details of all the Casual Dining locations here:  https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/food-and-dining

I see they have removed access to those pages and there is no link.  IDK why that is, but I do notice all the pages in the food and dining section have been redesigned, so either they are working on the CD info or omitted providing a link to more detailed pages.

The deck plans will show you the CD locations.  Generally, will be on Decks 5 thru 7, plus Lido Deck on all ships except Sun Class.

Vines, Salty Dog Gastropub, and if Sushi served anywhere.  They may also have Planks & Steamers pop-up in Buffet some days.  This was all documented on the website and IDK why it seems removed (or hidden somewhere else).

Thank you Steelers36.  I did check the dining venues and it doesn't look like there are any pay casual dining venues on our cruise.  It does show the Crab Shack as a pop-up but only on the Alaska cruises.  We'll be going to Hawaii.  There are a number of the Plus Package perks that aren't available on all ships.

2 minutes ago, cactusrose said:

Thank you Steelers36.  I did check the dining venues and it doesn't look like there are any pay casual dining venues on our cruise.  It does show the Crab Shack as a pop-up but only on the Alaska cruises.  We'll be going to Hawaii.  There are a number of the Plus Package perks that aren't available on all ships.

Salty Dog Gastropub and Vines on Crown. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cactusrose said:

Oh, thank you.  I didn't realize Salty Dog Gastropub would be included and didn't even think about Vines.

Yup, Salty Dog will be the standard starter, 2.small plates of your choice and dessert. Vines is the crudites, charcuterie and truffles

(Delicious, BTW).

No Planks or Steamers on Crown, oy Emerald and Caribbean for those two..

You may keep your eyes peeled if they do a pop-up of Alfredos/Gigi's in Sabatini's for lunch some days...

Otherwise, it's SD and Vines for your options 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cactusrose said:

I just saw that Princess has added 2 casual dining meals per guest to the Princess Plus package.  Some of the older ships don't have many pay-for-causual dining venues.  Does anyone know which venuses would be included in this perk on the Crown? 

This post tries to capture all the Casual Dining venues and menus

• Like 1

The website gets more confusing everyday.   The website has a page that shows “Complimentary Dining”, “Casual Dining” and “Specialty Dining”, but they don’t list the casual dining options.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/food-and-dining

There is a link in the specialty dining box that takes you to a list of all “for pay” dining venues.  They have listed “Specialty Restaurants”, but made no attempt to distinguish which ones are “Specialty Dining” and which ones are “Casual Dining”.  (And I’ve never thought of UBD or 360 as being the same as going to Crown Grill - but if they list them on their website under a heading that says “specialty restaurant”, does that mean that UBD or 360 are possible selections for the two free SD credits included with Premier Package?). Does Princess ever try to use their own website? 

https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants

57 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

The website gets more confusing everyday.   The website has a page that shows “Complimentary Dining”, “Casual Dining” and “Specialty Dining”, but they don’t list the casual dining options.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/food-and-dining

There is a link in the specialty dining box that takes you to a list of all “for pay” dining venues.  They have listed “Specialty Restaurants”, but made no attempt to distinguish which ones are “Specialty Dining” and which ones are “Casual Dining”.  (And I’ve never thought of UBD or 360 as being the same as going to Crown Grill - but if they list them on their website under a heading that says “specialty restaurant”, does that mean that UBD or 360 are possible selections for the two free SD credits included with Premier Package?). Does Princess ever try to use their own website? 

https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants

This link is a little clearer on the CD.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/food-and-dining/dine-my-way

Agree, they do not proof their website links.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

This link is a little clearer on the CD.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/food-and-dining/dine-my-way

Agree, they do not proof their website links.

Thank you.  I would have never selected “personalized dining” in a million years to try to find a list of casual dining venues.  I thought “personalized dining “ was going to be a description of “dine my way” (for Main Dining Room) so never bothered selecting it.

This information is not in the right location on the website (IMHO).

Edited by Abercrombie2019
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

360 and UBD are not ones that can be done as part of the Premier package

I decided to just call Princess with this question and one other.  Since Princess CSRs don't always give you the correct answer I called twice. Reedpricess was correct, Salty Dog Gastro Pub and Vines are the only casual pay-for venues included in the Plus package on the Crown.

What shocked me is that there is now a charge of $5 for Ocean Now and Room Service delivery.  I've always given at least a $5 tip for room service but the fact that they are now charging for something that has always been free is a little annoying.  There is one exception. There is no charge for the room service continental breakfast.

10 minutes ago, cactusrose said:

I decided to just call Princess with this question and one other.  Since Princess CSRs don't always give you the correct answer I called twice. Reedpricess was correct, Salty Dog Gastro Pub and Vines are the only casual pay-for venues included in the Plus package on the Crown.

What shocked me is that there is now a charge of $5 for Ocean Now and Room Service delivery.  I've always given at least a $5 tip for room service but the fact that they are now charging for something that has always been free is a little annoying.  There is one exception. There is no charge for the room service continental breakfast.

The room service and Ocean Now activation fees were introduced back in August.. and it's $5 per order by phone for room service, or a ONE TIME Ocean Now activation fee of $14.99.

Those fees are waived for those with Plus or Premier Cruise Packages (bought at or upgraded to the $60/80 packages).

One workaround for those in Standard Fare, is to pay the one time Ocean Now activation fee and use it for ordering any and all room service, including to your cabin...

Edited by reedprincess
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cactusrose said:

Billy Gibbons, is that you (avatar picture). 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Snaxmuppet
8 minutes ago, cactusrose said:

The highlighted text isn't quite right...

There is a $5 delivery charge per order when ordering room service by phone.

But the OceanNow is free to the room once it is activated and the activation is a one-ff $15 charge. This activation fee is waved if you have  the Plus or Premier package.

Edited by Snaxmuppet

30 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

But the OceanNow is free to the room once it is activated and the activation is a one-ff $15 charge. This activation fee is waved if you have  the Plus or Premier package.

And these changes have been in effect for quite awhile 

10 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

I'm aware of that.  The issue is that Princess lists them under the heading "Specialty Dining" which will cause confusion for people relying on the Princess website for clarity.

Exactly.  Princess marketing calls things like 360 and CTL "Experiential Dining".  They should have broken those out into a separate category.  It also seems like they are doing their best to hide costs now where they were more readily available.  

Sometimes I wonder if IT sets up these pages without direction/input from marketing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

Unless you are reading every page on their site you wouldn't know some of this.  It's in their news release but I couldn't find this information in any of my searches.

30 minutes ago, strobellayjam said:

The 2 casual dining meals are not showing up on my Travel Summary ( while the other inclusions of the Plus package such as desserts, fitness classes, beverages, wifi, crew appreciation) are itemized. Is this how it shows up for others as well?

It will show up on the app or you can look at packages on the app and be directed to the personalizer and show what you have. Don’t worry be happy 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, strobellayjam said:

The 2 casual dining meals are not showing up on my Travel Summary ( while the other inclusions of the Plus package such as desserts, fitness classes, beverages, wifi, crew appreciation) are itemized. Is this how it shows up for others as well?

That's the same situation for me. In my case I think it's because I booked the Plus package before it was "upgraded" and the cost increased. I paid the lower price that was in place before things like Casual Dining was added to it. You might be in the same boat.

7 hours ago, memoak said:

It will show up on the app or you can look at packages on the app and be directed to the personalizer and show what you have. Don’t worry be happy 

Thanks!  I figured as much but given this is the first time we have the Plus package, I wasn't sure what to expect.  

2 hours ago, leck57 said:

That's the same situation for me. In my case I think it's because I booked the Plus package before it was "upgraded" and the cost increased. I paid the lower price that was in place before things like Casual Dining was added to it. You might be in the same boat.

Did you have to pay the cost difference, if you don't mind me asking?  We actually booked Standard Fare but just decided to purchase the package recently.