Elite+ Happy Hour Drinks?

asctony

Going on Beyond in July 2024.

We are Elite+ and have not cruised Celebrity recently.

Noticed the Upgrade Packages eliminated the cruise gratuities, but now only include drinks and Wi-Fi.

Does Celebrity still have a Happy Hour in the Sky Lounge for a certain time

or

based on Captain Club level you have x number of drinks on your card that you may use:

1. Only during Happy Hour

2. Any time during the day at any bar or MDR?

TIA

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

MERRY CHRISTMAS 

Elite and above have a two hour happy hour, from 5 to 7 every night, except for embarkation night, valid at almost every bar on the ship, but not in the dining room, and not roomservice, with unlimited drinks from the specific menu.   There is no sky lounge on beyond.

7AF39831-9226-435C-A674-AB1F9A8C30F8.jpeg

Edited by cruisestitch

Just now, asctony said:

Going on Beyond in July 2024.

We are Elite+ and have not cruised Celebrity recently.

Noticed the Upgrade Packages eliminated the cruise gratuities, but now only include drinks and Wi-Fi.

Does Celebrity still have a Happy Hour in the Sky Lounge for a certain time

or

based on Captain Club level you have x number of drinks on your card that you may use:

1. Only during Happy Hour

2. Any time during the day at any bar or MDR?

TIA

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

MERRY CHRISTMAS 

The CC is bringing back the CC HH for a couple of nights in a lounge to be named depending on the ship. When? Currently the CC HH is held at most bars. Unlimited drinks (CC HH beverage menu only) from 5 to 7 PM with the exception of the first night of the cruise and the night of the senior offers gathering. The CC HH drinks can not be ordered in any of the dining venues. FYI, the Beyond does not have a Sky Lounge.  

Thank you for taking the time to provide the info. I'm sure it is of value to others, too.

I was hoping the X would have followed RCI and just put x number of drinks on your card that you could use during the day.

Thanks again! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, asctony said:

Thank you for taking the time to provide the info. I'm sure it is of value to others, too.

I was hoping the X would have followed RCI and just put x number of drinks on your card that you could use during the day.

Thanks again! 

That we be great if the CC did that. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, asctony said:

Thanks again! 

Please do a search and you find 100s of posts on HH and about RCL vs Celebrity drink policy 😁

2 hours ago, asctony said:

Thanks again! 

as Elite + you also get unlimited speciality teas/coffees/chocolate all day in the Al Bacio. water/sodas in unopened cans during happy hour. You can also get some free drinks during the Elite Breakfast every morning from 08.00 to 10.00.Taken together this works much better for us than Royal's system. As always "one size doesn't fit all"

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, the penguins said:

as Elite + you also get unlimited speciality teas/coffees/chocolate all day in the Al Bacio. water/sodas in unopened cans during happy hour. You can also get some free drinks during the Elite Breakfast every morning from 08.00 to 10.00.Taken together this works much better for us than Royal's system. As always "one size doesn't fit all"

Thanks for your info. The Diamond Lounge, now called the Crown Lounge, is open all day for coffee & tea, plus Happy Hour with food from 5 - 8pm.

I can use my 5 drinks per day at anytime for that day at any bar, MDR & Specialty Restaurant.

This works much better for us.

Oh, I almost forgot. All kind of free food all day on Promenade Deck. Pizza, wraps, sandwichs, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, asctony said:

Quite a few of us have voice the same desire but so far there is no indication that Celebrity is even listening/considering a move to that model.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, asctony said:

Thanks again! 

I'm not close to the level to get this yet, but I agree. I, unlike some (most) apparently, do NOT cruise for the express purpose of making new friends. IF in random events - like this past summer - I do, that's a bonus. But I am content with my own company and don't have the need to have the cruiseline provide events for me to meet people.

3 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Quite a few of us have voice the same desire but so far there is no indication that Celebrity is even listening/considering a move to that model.  

If we continue to voice our desires maybe they will listen. If we just sit back, nothing will change unless it benefits the cruise lines.

In reality, Celebrity would save money as an Elite+ would only get 5 drinks per day. I'm sure there are some Elite+ drink more than 5 during HH. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The two lines operate quite differently.  Most of us seem to be satisfied that they do.  There are lots of Royal policies I hope never come to Celebtity (and vice versa)

No kidding. My post was an agreement of one component of the CAS. I have always said we like the differences and the similarities between Celebrity and RC. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The two lines operate quite differently.  Most of us seem to be satisfied that they do.  There are lots of Royal policies I hope never come to Celebtity (and vice versa)

I totally agree that there are some policies from each cruise line that we either like or dislike. However, I am addressing one specific item that I think should be changed. That is my opinion. I am Diamond+ on RCI and Elite+ on Celebrity. So, as I cruise both lines, I have opinions on both. I am not a Cheerleader on either one. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 39august said:

Amen! Keep them separate! If you like RCI's drinks policy better, then stick with RCI. We felt we "graduated" from RCI to X years ago. If I want the RCI experience, I'll book RCI. 

I have always said we like the differences and the similarities between Celebrity and RC. We usually get the CBP with Celebrity and like the all day 5 drinks with RC. We would like to see the CC give Elite and above a dedicated lounge like the CAS Crown Lounge. We made Elite and Diamond before the current reciprocal program. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 39august said:

Amen! Keep them separate! If you like RCI's drinks policy better, then stick with RCI. We felt we "graduated" from RCI to X years ago. If I want the RCI experience, I'll book RCI. 

Thanks for your opinion. However, I'm sorry that you think you graduated from RCI to X years ago. How many years have you been cruising X and RCI? The biggest difference I see between X and RCI are the prices. X is overpriced on many things. Such as, their upgrade packages, Specialty Restaurants, etc.

I book both, plus other cruise lines to see what each have to offer.  

8 hours ago, asctony said:

Thanks for your info. The Diamond Lounge, now called the Crown Lounge, is open all day for coffee & tea, plus Happy Hour with food from 5 - 8pm.

I can use my 5 drinks per day at anytime for that day at any bar, MDR & Specialty Restaurant.

This works much better for us.

Oh, I almost forgot. All kind of free food all day on Promenade Deck. Pizza, wraps, sandwichs, etc. 

As I said different.

Royal works better for you but not for us. We don't drink any alcohol and have no interest in going to a special lounge every time we want a latte.

We  like the atmosphere in Al Bacio with it's table service. Also the Diamond Lounge doesn't have any iced coffee drinks, flavoured lattes or the hot chocolate with cream toppings. 

Your comment on food on the Promenade Deck is irrelevant as its available to all passengers. 

Keeping the programmes different gets our vote.

16 hours ago, doghog said:

The CC is bringing back the CC HH for a couple of nights in a lounge to be named depending on the ship. When? Currently the CC HH is held at most bars. Unlimited drinks (CC HH beverage menu only) from 5 to 7 PM with the exception of the first night of the cruise and the night of the senior offers gathering. The CC HH drinks can not be ordered in any of the dining venues. FYI, the Beyond does not have a Sky Lounge.  

Hello,

I was told on Silhouette that the CC HH is every day apart from the first - ie includes the night of the senior officers bash. I made use of that fact twice in the Passport Bar.

Regards,

Cublet

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, asctony said:

If we continue to voice our desires maybe they will listen. If we just sit back, nothing will change unless it benefits the cruise lines.

In reality, Celebrity would save money as an Elite+ would only get 5 drinks per day. I'm sure there are some Elite+ drink more than 5 during HH. 

and on the other end I feel that many drink one or 2 and will drink more if spread out through the day so would cost Celebrity more if we had 5 drink tickets daily

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I was told on Silhouette that the CC HH is every day apart from the first - ie includes the night of the senior officers bash. I made use of that fact twice in the Passport Bar.

Regards,

Cublet

Are you talking about the current (post covid) CC HH that is at most bars from 5 to 7 PM fleetwide? For clarification my post you quoted I was talking about the latest news from the CC where they are bringing back the CC HH from 5 to 7PM two nights during the cruise in a lounge fleetwide (name of lounge will be ship specific) like it was pre covid.    

When some people speak of the happy hour, they mean the event that was held in the sky lounge, with passed hors d’oeuvres, and restricted access. The Captains Club host or hostess stood at the door and checked your card.  There was a dress code.  

others use the term happy hour to mean that from 5 to 7 on most nights you can have unlimited drinks at most bars. These are non-hosted events and are not restricted to elite and above.  You simply show your card and order one of the drinks from the menu and there is no charge.

what celebrity has now said, is that a couple of times a cruise, they will bring back the original model.  As far as I know, this has not been implemented yet.

so, for the time being, if you are elite, and above, every night, except for the first night, you can order unlimited drinks from 5 to 7 from the elite happy hour menu. Not in the dining room and not room service.

29 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

others use the term happy hour to mean that from 5 to 7 on most nights you can have unlimited drinks at most bars. These are non-hosted events and are not restricted to elite and above.  You simply show your card and order one of the drinks from the menu and there is no charge.

One minor nit - It has been our experience that the free drinks between  5 and 7 pm from the Elite Happy Hour are restricted to Elite and above, just like access to the Sky Lounge was in the past. 

• Like 1

I've found that the RCI and Celebrity drink policies both work OK for us. My wife doesn't drink at all but she wants a couple of bottles of water for our stateroom. I drink maybe a glass of wine in the evenings. We used our RCI drink allowance mostly for specialty coffee or bottled water.

We are Elite Plus so we get all the specialty coffee / tea we need on Celebrity.

I did like the old Celebrity Captain's Club Happy Hour in the Sky Lounge as we met a lot of great people that way. But we can make do.