Spa Verandah?

kruzin2010

18 hours ago, Cruise4food said:

In Dec 2016, Eurodam VQ on deck 11 had two chairs on verandas. No footstool, as I recall.

3B6E8192-C183-4F98-82AE-D9E1C6232C48.jpeg

One more item I recall, there was a small table for drinks on the verandah. And those on deck 11 are fully open to the sky, no cover above. It takes a couple minutes for your brain to absorb that difference from other decks.

On 12/20/2023 at 1:09 PM, DCDragonfly said:

We just got on the Eurodam in a spa balcony.  The chairs don’t have footrests, but there’s plenty of room to sit comfortably without twisting around.  We’re totally pleased with the cabin (especially because we booked GTY), but I wouldn’t spring for the 50% premium HAL seems to charge.

Agree these cabins are some of my favorite verandah cabins, but not for the huge premium to book.

• Like 2

On 12/19/2023 at 1:54 PM, Silverspringcruiser said:

I'll be in a Nieuw Amsterdam spa verandah Saturday.  I'll report back on the amenities when I return.

Cabin 11004 came with a Bose Soundlink mini, 2 1 liter bottles of Acqua Panna still water, 2 yoga mats, and a wooden bath mat. We also got two drink coupons for being returning guests even though we weren't. There were also two bathrobes and a blanket, but I think those are standard.  Also the be was bigger than a queen. And the balcony is normal length, but narrow and also not a Juliet.

On 12/19/2023 at 4:21 PM, cruising sister said:

I had a spa verandah on the NS in May. The balcony is very narrow but you can sit on it. I loved the location and used the club orange upgrade to offset the cost otherwise I would not have paid the extra price. I had a teak wood shower insert , no vitamin water and an upgraded bath robe. I really liked the location close to the thermal spa and the upper pool deck. 

I always wondered what I was supposed to do with that wooden thing.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I always wondered what I was supposed to do with that wooden thing.

They’re meant to stub your toes on, giving you that spa-like “I’m alive!” feeling. 

• Haha 5

• 2 months later...
On 12/19/2023 at 12:32 PM, Haljo1935 said:

It was missing from our cabin in Feb, but stubbing our toes on the teak shower mat made up for it. And we had that vitamin water to drown our sorrows...

It truly was awesome to be so close to the spa and Crow's Nest  - I really made use of Thermalpass that cruise. Enjoy!!

Can you tell me more about Thermalpass?  We have spa verandah and this is our first time on Holland America and hoping we get some special access like we do on Celebrity to the Persian Garden.

51 minutes ago, cruisenewby08 said:

Can you tell me more about Thermalpass?  We have spa verandah and this is our first time on Holland America and hoping we get some special access like we do on Celebrity to the Persian Garden.

Spa verandah has no real perks like thermal pass or specialty dining like Aqua Class.  Spa Verandah (VQ) is just close to Greenhouse Spa  from the projections I read online.  I also gather Solstice offer far better viewing areas as opposed to Koningsdam to Alaska.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisenewby08 said:

Nope.... nothing included with a "spa verandah"... the name is simply a marketing ploy to sell these less than desirable cabins.  The thermal suite is a relaxing area with a hydro pool and heated loungers that is available for an extra fee.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, julia said:

Nope.... nothing included with a "spa verandah"... the name is simply a marketing ploy to sell these less than desirable cabins.  The thermal suite is a relaxing area with a hydro pool and heated loungers that is available for an extra fee.

what is 'less desirable' about it please?  We bought Club Orange so this room was an upgrade as it is considered by HAL to be the most desirable / most expensive of the verandahs before you go into the suites.  Thanks!

3 minutes ago, cruisenewby08 said:

what is 'less desirable' about it please?  We bought Club Orange so this room was an upgrade as it is considered by HAL to be the most desirable / most expensive of the verandahs before you go into the suites.  Thanks!

The location (high and forward) is less than desirable (for most cruisers), and the balcony is considerably smaller. On most cruises I've booked, they are the last to sell.  They are designated VB, which is a step below the higher priced VA and V categories.

Just now, julia said:

The location (high and forward) is less than desirable (for most cruisers), and the balcony is considerably smaller. On most cruises I've booked, they are the last to sell.  They are designated VB, which is a step below the higher priced VA and V categories.

Interesting.  According to the cruise I am on, it is designated VS, and is higher than VA or V.  And the higher, more forward location sounds good to me for the Trans-Atlantic as it should give us an amazing sunset view.  I guess we will find out.  Thanks.

1 minute ago, cruisenewby08 said:

Interesting.  According to the cruise I am on, it is designated VS, and is higher than VA or V.  And the higher, more forward location sounds good to me for the Trans-Atlantic as it should give us an amazing sunset view.  I guess we will find out.  Thanks.

Oops.  Correction.  It is VQ, but is 'ranked' higher than V or VA

2 minutes ago, cruisenewby08 said:

I love the spa verandahs - haven't noticed the verandah being smaller (on most ships) and since I always have a Retreat cabana you cannot beat the convenience! I've had no issues with ship movement up there.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wdw1972 said:

I love the spa verandahs - haven't noticed the verandah being smaller (on most ships) and since I always have a Retreat cabana you cannot beat the convenience! I've had no issues with ship movement up there.

Sue/WDW1972

We are new to HAL, please tell me what a Retreat cabana is?  Is that at the pool?

4 minutes ago, cruisenewby08 said:

We are new to HAL, please tell me what a Retreat cabana is?  Is that at the pool?

No - it's not near the pool at all. It's a quiet, secluded area to enjoy the cruise (for an extra fee) without dealing with the chair hogs by the pool or kids. If you like to use the pool, the Retreat isn't for you. Stewards there provide service throughout the day - lunch, getting drinks from the bar, snacks, etc. There's an open common area with loungers in the sun, then there are loungers inside each cabana (2 per cabana, since a cabana is for up to 2 people, and the 2 family cabanas on the corners accomodate up to 4 people).

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1

We were upgraded to the spa deck once.....We like the location (near the spa, gym, crow's nest, lido deck) but the VF cabins on deck 8 forward are much less $$$and serve the same purpose for us.

We would gladly go the spa deck if it was a free upgrade but would never pay/book.

2 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

We would gladly go the spa deck if it was a free upgrade but would never pay/book.

On our 35 night K'dam cruise, we chatted with several couples who were ALL upgraded (free) from an outside to deck ten.  What's not to love about a free upgrade?!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisenewby08 said:

Thermalpass is extra charge, not included w/the Spa cabins, but their locations provide easy access to the spa. So, you should be able to use the Thermalpass a lot. It gives you unlimited access to the Hydropool and heated ceramic loungers plus the different saunas. You can buy a day pass or for the duration of your cruise.

The views are amazing up there - whether from a VQ spa cabin balcony, spa Oceanview or the ThermalSpa. 

Here are some ThermalSpa pictures from K'dam 

20240104_020335.thumb.jpg.1d658d8983bd1ffe48517fb992840927.jpg

20231231_130058.thumb.jpg.4ed6629ddc8e5bbf0ecafb5dd8515261.jpg

20231225_182045.thumb.jpg.e8c567fbb2436e62937caeb57c16dec1.jpg

20240105_194357.thumb.jpg.6b776ed11b560ccbb3627c1ae5cccc5c.jpg

20240105_194354.thumb.jpg.0f6dd70fd61efbea0aff54fb41e8a6e1.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, julia said:

Your so right did it once and done!!!such small balconies! Never again! Thermal suite was nice, but too small!

🌺Mahalo Denise

25 minutes ago, amandas friend said:

We are on NA on deck 10, a VQ cabin. Hope it is a little more quiet that high up. 

The VQs on 10 provide great views, easy access to Crow's Nest for great coffee at Explorations Cafe (extra charge) and the secret deck. Plus quick access to the pool.

20240323_190641.thumb.jpg.47b252f1c32946b60cf8cc64567d3d3b.jpg

The deck 10 verandahs on Vista Class are the same idea although not marketed as spa verandahs (I think) There are quite a few still available for my May sailing. I’m toying with calling the upsell department closer to the sail date. I like the location but really would like the footrests. A deciding factor might be how windy it is on the balconies in that location. It’s a TA. Anyone with experience?