The Good - Celebrity customer service

Mike981

I have had an issue with trying to use the website to reenter my DW's information (it got deleted) and every time I tried I got an error. So last week I got an email asking me to use this link (yea that's gonna work) or call this 800 number so we can add her to the manifest. So yesterday I call fearing for the worst based on others experiences. I would say that I got through to a human in 2-3 minutes, FYI I called Celebrity at 5pm Central.

The customer service rep was wonderful. We got my wife's information in, along with both of our CC #'s that also got deleted. Once we got done with that she asked if I needed anything else (I wished I did because I felt it would be fixed quickly) and I said no I believe that is it. She then said she would send me an email with the new information, and she did. The call itself took five minutes.

My only complaint at all, is the audio gymnastics you have to put up with for all of their voice prompts from their phone system. From loud to way too loud.

Anyway, I thought I would share good and I hope others are also finding the customer phone service better than it has been.

Edited by Mike981
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, Mike981 said:

The customer service rep was wonderful.

Now that is so nice to read---so much better than some of the " nonsense " complaints that people start a Thread on. 

I don't want to mention any for fear of " working myself up " and posting in language that would be deleted. 

I could just see " you know who's " face -------

" Ya think I should start a Thread on CC about the time our Waiter forgot to bring my 3 shrimp cocktails at the same time "?

• Like 1

Yesterday I wanted to apply a $250 OBC from a previous reservation that I canceled to a new reservation.   On hold for 45 minutes with an individual that had no idea what I was talking about.  He put me on hold again and never came back on line. Another agent picked up my call and got the credit applied within two minutes to my new booking. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mike981 said:

So last week I got an email asking me to use this link (yea that's gonna work)

It astounds me the number of times I have received an email touting security, even to the extent of saying don't click on email links, that include a link to click for more information.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just chiming in to say that I've had two good experiences in the past couple of weeks when I phoned Celebrity. Both times I got through to a human being in under 5 minutes and the rep took care of what I needed. If I call and the recording says that it's a long wait, I just call back, Certain times of the day are definitely better ... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Glad to hear it worked out.  

Was there anything special about the link?  Often the main issue with such problems is doing your web work in Chrome as opposed to Safari

I wouldn't know if it was a "special" link, because I didn't click on it. I believe the link was just going to direct me to the same page that I had tried a dozen times before. Like I said, I was putting off calling because off all of the negative reviews, that when she came on in two minutes I was shocked. And how efficient she was very refreshing.

• Like 2

I recently called and the automated system provided the option for a call back. It predicted a 50 minute wait time. I chose the callback option and received a call almost exactly 50 minutes later. I manage call center technology as part of my job and was impressed that the timing was accurate and I actually did get a call.

The agent was courteous and professional,  had my general information and quickly resolved my questions and issue.

This was a great example of how customer service should work. Kudos to Celebrity!

57 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I would love to hear many more of these stories

Well, in a related genre....we had great, superlative even, service at all 3 restaurants we went to in Myrtle Beach this past Sat-Mon. 🙃

I did not get a great deal on car insurance like in the commercials, but I didn't try.

Edited by mayleeman
  • Haha 1

we went to bermuda on NCL out of NYC  . upon returning we go to our usual lunch spot. juniors on 45th street . my gf goes to take a pic there and voila, discovers no phone. we get back to the car, not there. signed in to her account and saw it was still on the ship. i dont think even if  we returned to dock that we would have gotten it so just posted later in FB for that sailing. a member went to the front desk and confirmed the phone was there.  she had offered to mail it to us but of course they wouldnt give it to her because she wasnt the owner. we followed the phone down the river as it headed back toward bermuda..sigh. filed a claim with ncl and paid the fee and got the phone back 3 weeks later.

i feel we were lucky to get it back given all the posts ive seen on the forums

• Like 1