Pay in full and get 5%-todays e mail

HalifaxYorksCruiser

Looks like an attempt to raise cash:

“We hope you are looking forward to your upcoming cruise! As part of our ongoing commitment to creating unforgettable experiences for our cherished guests, we’re excited to extend a special opportunity your way.

For a limited time, you have the chance to save on any of your currently booked cruises sailing after July 1, 2024. Pay in full and choose your reward – save 5% on your fare or earn 5% of your cruise fare in onboard credit*. Call our contact center and pay in full by January 3, 2024, to take advantage of this opportunity. Find your local contact center here.”

2 hours ago, uktog said:

Only works for direct bookers I assume 

I guess so as the offer only applies if you have received the email.

Terms:

PAY-IN-FULL PROMOTION:  

The Pay-In-Full Benefits Program ( the “Offer”) is available to guests who choose the option to pay for their remaining cruise fare balance in full after receiving an email indicating they are eligible. Participation in the “Offer” does not change the refundability of the cruise fare and guests will retain their normal cancellation policies. The Offer is available for select guests currently booked on sailings departing on or after July 1, 2024 and includes the following potential benefits: (i) Guests who pay for their sailing in full may receive a 5% discount of the total cruise fare; (ii) Guests who pay in full may  receive a future Onboard Credit (“OBC”) that amounts to 5% of the cruise fare; (iii) and Guests may have the option to choose between (i) and (ii).   Guests must call the Contact Center no later than 5:00p.m. local time on January 3, 2024, to redeem the Offer. The Offer is combinable with Back-to-Back OBC, Loyalty quarterly savings, National Account amenity or hosted programs, reduced single supplements, and onboard booking savings. The Offer does not combine with onboard booking reduced deposits, net rates, travel agent rates, interline rates, or employee rates. Offer and pricing are subject to availability and change without notice and may be withdrawn by Azamara  at any time. Unless otherwise noted, all amounts referred to herein are in USD (United States Dollars). Other terms and conditions may apply, please refer to the Azamara Cruise Ticket Contract.  SUGGESTION: After the offer period, if a guest changes their ship and sail date, changes their category, or requests a refund, the Pay In Full Benefits are subject to removal. 

ELIGIBLE PAY-IN-FULL SAILINGS: 

Select guests booked on sailings departing on or after July 1st, 2024.  

REDEEMING PAY-IN-FULL OFFER: 

Eligible guests must call the Azamara Contact Center by 5:00 p.m. local time on January 3rd, 2024, to redeem the Offer. 

EXCLUSIONS: 

Any bookings already paid in full are not eligible for this promotion. 

ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS: 

Upon submission of payment [or last payment], the guest will acknowledge that they have read, understand, and accept the terms and conditions of the Cruise Ticket Contract, including the Cancellation Policy. 

1 hour ago, royallondon said:

A few years ago I remember Silversea running a promotion to pay in full to receive 10% off the fare. 

I took advantage of that promotion.  I paid in full when I booked the cruise, used their "Port to Port" option and got 15% off the already lowered fair.  Then I was sure to buy good insurance, but it was a major savings.

How do travel agents in the UK view this?  They already have set arrangements with the cruiseline on the (pretty late) due date for transferring payments over to them.  Is Azamara offering this to anyone booked through a UK agent?  I have two bookings where it might have applied but heard nothing 

8 hours ago, uktog said:

How do travel agents in the UK view this?  They already have set arrangements with the cruiseline on the (pretty late) due date for transferring payments over to them.  Is Azamara offering this to anyone booked through a UK agent?  I have two bookings where it might have applied but heard nothing 

I suspect it’s only direct bookings

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I received this email today:

•   We’re excited to announce a new way for you to unlock benefits on your upcoming cruise. Earn a 5% onboard credit* when you pay your remaining fare in full within the next 30 days. Use that onboard credit for immersive shore excursions, upgraded beverage packages, specialty dining, relaxing spa days, and more! 
  •   Don’t wait, call your local contact center or contact your travel agent to participate today!

So, it applies to cruises booked via TAs. 

What is the meaning of this? Are they trying to raise cash because they are running low, do they want to get your commitment because too many people cancel, or any other reason?

I read here  that several other cruise lines have done this in the past so that makes me feel better. 

• Like 1

Silversea is one.  Viking Ocean forces people to pay in full 12 or more months in advance, with no discount.  It does not mean a cruise line is teetering, just that they understand the time value of money.

• Like 2

We got today's email also.   Its an entirely different offer than the December one... not 5% discount, but 5% OBC. 

Still, interesting... we have one cruise that will mostly be paid from existing Fut Cruise Credits, which we have not applied yet.   Maybe we will do that (apply them), pay the small balance,  and get the extra OBC ??

On 12/20/2023 at 1:37 PM, uktog said:

Only works for direct bookers I assume 

I got the email, and I booked through an agent. I think I’m going to pay on Monday, since 5% OBC is a better deal than I’d get leaving the money in the bank for a few more weeks. 

• Like 5

22 hours ago, lisiamc said:

I got the email, and I booked through an agent. I think I’m going to pay on Monday, since 5% OBC is a better deal than I’d get leaving the money in the bank for a few more weeks. 

We also received this offer this week for our December sailing - does make us a bit concerned about Azamara's financial solvency. 🤔 We did book this with our TA and she has confirmed with Azamara that our booking qualifies and the amount of the OBC which is definitely tempting. But we will also need to up our insurance coverage now to cover the full amount (only have our deposit covered).  I have reached out to our insurance agent for that cost. If we should decide to cancel prior to 8/5/2024 (our current final payment date), this is a cost that we would be out unless we book another cruise within the time window our insurance company will allow us to move the policy to. 

1 hour ago, cruizinfools said:

We also received this offer this week for our December sailing - does make us a bit concerned about Azamara's financial solvency

Have you never seen other cruise lines with such offers?  I have - Scenic, Silversea.  Does not imply financial problems per se, there needs to be other evidence.

• Like 4

We have recently cruised with Viking and Holland America (both December 2023) and have just booked with Saga for March. We are also booked for five cruises in the next 18 months with Azamara. For each of these cruise lines, and pretty much every other cruise line out there, there are posts on various social media with people speculating “Ooh, prices have gone up, must be proof that things are not good financially”, “Ooh, they’re having a sale and prices have gone down, must be proof that things are not good financially”, Ooh, they’re offering a discount for paying early, must be proof that things are not good financially”, “Ooh, standards have declined, must be proof that things are not good financially”, “.

All I can say is make sure you use a credit card that will reimburse you, and/or get adequate travel insurance, and enjoy the bargains that are out there! 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Have you never seen other cruise lines with such offers?  I have - Scenic, Silversea.  Does not imply financial problems per se, there needs to be other evidence.

No, I have not until I read this thread - several others have already pointed this out, primarily high end cruise lines it seems. Although Azamara is a step above some of the main stream lines, I wouldn't equate them with Viking, Silversea, etc. I haven't cruise with any of the lines previously mentioned, only Azamara, so what do I know.

1 hour ago, lisiamc said:

We have recently cruised with Viking and Holland America (both December 2023) and have just booked with Saga for March. We are also booked for five cruises in the next 18 months with Azamara. For each of these cruise lines, and pretty much every other cruise line out there, there are posts on various social media with people speculating “Ooh, prices have gone up, must be proof that things are not good financially”, “Ooh, they’re having a sale and prices have gone down, must be proof that things are not good financially”, Ooh, they’re offering a discount for paying early, must be proof that things are not good financially”, “Ooh, standards have declined, must be proof that things are not good financially”, “.

Absolutely have seen such posts, especially post pandemic, except as I mentioned above, I was not aware of cruise lines offering OBC for paying in full early. I have seen offers for paying in full at the time of booking but not midstream. Our previous Azamara cruise was booked 15 months in advance - no such offers - that cruise was pre pandemic, so a different time - they were still a part of RC then. We booked this Azamara cruise March, 2023 - this email simply took us by surprise, probably overreaction on our part. But, given the known issues with customer service, their website, etc. makes one speculative. The itinerary of our upcoming cruise on the Azamara website finally ALMOST matches what our cruise contract indicates (seasoned cruiser here - I understand the itinerary can change, but we have not been notified of any changes). For a long time, the website itinerary was very different and even the map, the description, and the day by day itinerary were not in sync.  We have also booked with other cruise lines, more mainstream (Holland, Celebrity, Princess...), over a year in advance - again not seem this type of offer before.  And that's why I headed to CC - and as expected, there was already a thread created on the subject with other cruisers chiming in on being unfamiliar with such an offer.

Thanks for the info and enlightening us! 😎

• Like 3

When I booked with Uniworld River Cruises I pay in full and get a cash discount. I asked when booking with Azamara  when I booked approx 15 months in advance while onboard and  was told they don't do it. 5% is probably cheaper money then they can get from bonds or bank loans and cash flow is important in any business. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some additional info. I called my travel agent today to take advantage of the discount. While I made the call I also had referral credits that had not been applied to my next cruise. Followed the directions  exactly including emailing the  certificates but never received an acknowledgement. Both were efficiently handled by my agent and already show on the Azamara website account.  

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I enquired about this offer and my travel agent has said Azamara are offering $250 OBC if you pay in full. That works out at only 2.3% of the price of our cruise (minus tax and port fees). Can anyone tell me how much OBC they will get for paying the balance early? Thanks.