Pay in full and get 5%-todays e mail

HalifaxYorksCruiser

On 1/20/2024 at 4:41 PM, lisiamc said:

I got the email, and I booked through an agent. I think I’m going to pay on Monday, since 5% OBC is a better deal than I’d get leaving the money in the bank for a few more weeks. 

I agree.  I guess it depends on when your payment in full is due.  Mine was April 21st,  So on Feb l5th, only 2 months earlier, it makes sense to me to take the 5% as I can't make that in interest at the bank!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I received this offer today, and it seems the terms have changed.  Our cruise departs Nov. 20.

Originally, this offer was for either a 5% discount or 5% OBC. I guess I don't know what is meant by "5% OBC to be used in future sailing."

Anyone have any idea?

PAY-IN-FULL PROGRAM:

The Pay-In-Full Benefits Program (the “Offer”) is available to guests who choose the option to pay for their remaining cruise fare balance in full after receiving an email indicating they are eligible. Participation in the “Offer” does not change the refundability of the cruise fare and guests will retain their normal cancellation policies. The Offer is available for select guests booked on sailings departing in more than 180 days. Guests who accept this offer and pay their sailing in full will receive 5% Onboard Credit to be used in future sailing. Guests must call the Contact Center or their Travel Advisors to redeem the Offer. The Offer is combinable with Back-to-Back OBC, Loyalty quarterly savings, National Account amenity or hosted programs, reduced single supplements, and onboard booking savings. The Offer does not combine with onboard booking reduced deposits, net rates, travel agent rates, groups, some statement agencies, or employee rates. Offer and pricing are subject to availability and change without notice and may be withdrawn by Azamara at any time. Unless otherwise noted, all amounts referred to herein are in USD (United States Dollars). Other terms and conditions may apply, please refer to the Azamara Cruise Ticket Contract. After the offer period, if a guest changes their ship and sail date, changes their category, or requests a refund, the Pay In Full Benefits will be forfeited.

ELIGIBLE PAY-IN-FULL SAILINGS:

The Offer is available for select guests booked on sailings that are departing in more than 180 days. 

REDEEMING PAY-IN-FULL OFFER:

Eligible guests must call the Azamara Contact Center or their Travel Advisors to redeem the offer. Sailing must be more than 180 days to redeem the offer.

EXCLUSIONS:

Any bookings already paid in full are not eligible for this offer.

ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

Upon submission of payment [or last payment], the guest will acknowledge that they have read, understand, and accept the terms and conditions of the Cruise Ticket Contract, including the Cancellation Policy. 

©2024 Azamara. Ships registered in Malta.

Azamara, 3059 Grand Ave, Suite 205, Miami, Florida, 33133, United States 

46 minutes ago, tgg said:

I received this offer today, and it seems the terms have changed.  Our cruise departs Nov. 20.

Originally, this offer was for either a 5% discount or 5% OBC. I guess I don't know what is meant by "5% OBC to be used in future sailing."

Anyone have any idea?

PAY-IN-FULL PROGRAM:

The Pay-In-Full Benefits Program (the “Offer”) is available to guests who choose the option to pay for their remaining cruise fare balance in full after receiving an email indicating they are eligible. Participation in the “Offer” does not change the refundability of the cruise fare and guests will retain their normal cancellation policies. The Offer is available for select guests booked on sailings departing in more than 180 days. Guests who accept this offer and pay their sailing in full will receive 5% Onboard Credit to be used in future sailing. Guests must call the Contact Center or their Travel Advisors to redeem the Offer. The Offer is combinable with Back-to-Back OBC, Loyalty quarterly savings, National Account amenity or hosted programs, reduced single supplements, and onboard booking savings. The Offer does not combine with onboard booking reduced deposits, net rates, travel agent rates, groups, some statement agencies, or employee rates. Offer and pricing are subject to availability and change without notice and may be withdrawn by Azamara at any time. Unless otherwise noted, all amounts referred to herein are in USD (United States Dollars). Other terms and conditions may apply, please refer to the Azamara Cruise Ticket Contract. After the offer period, if a guest changes their ship and sail date, changes their category, or requests a refund, the Pay In Full Benefits will be forfeited.

The Offer is available for select guests booked on sailings that are departing in more than 180 days. 

Eligible guests must call the Azamara Contact Center or their Travel Advisors to redeem the offer. Sailing must be more than 180 days to redeem the offer.

EXCLUSIONS:

Upon submission of payment [or last payment], the guest will acknowledge that they have read, understand, and accept the terms and conditions of the Cruise Ticket Contract, including the Cancellation Policy. 

Got the same offer today for sailing in Dec.  

It is confusing,  Not clear if the OBC is used for the cruise you are paying early for or for some future cruise.

I believe the original email we received was as you said…..either 5% off or 5% OBC.

Buyer beware.

Many of us experienced the hassles and delays of getting our money back from flight, cruise and accommodation providers due to covid cancellations. Another serious pandemic is still an ever present threat in my view.

The current world political environment is increasingly unstable and look at how some cruise lines, including (or especially) Azamara, are deferring cancelling as long as possible - see Roll Call on 3 May Indian Ocean cruise.

It also seems there have been increasing cancellations by cruise companies, due to “operational reasons”.

All of these factors necessitate finding new bookings, usually at a premium due to late booking; and paying penalties to change/cancel flights and accommodation.

So, we’ll forego a 10% and, most certainly, a 5% discount for early full payment. We cancelled our Indian Ocean booking for May prior to final payment and we have avoided a lot of the stress that others have recently been experiencing. I doubt if that would have been so easy if we had prepaid 100%.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tgg said:

Anyone have any idea?

PAY-IN-FULL PROGRAM:

EXCLUSIONS:

We received the same offer today and i can't even be bothered to wade into the confusion so will pass. 

Too bad they can't get it right. 

Similarly, the Talbots offer,lol 

I will follow and wish you well on a positive outcome.

• Like 1

I received the prepayment offer and accepted it for a September 2024 cruise. The 5% OBC has already been applied and shows on the website, Thought it was a good deal for prepaying the balance just 4 months earlier then required. 

• Like 2

I received the promotion email on January 25, hesitated a bit, then called my TA and arranged full payment for a cruise in Feb 2025. The 5% OBC appeared on the booking form right away. I told a friend about the promotion - he’s on the same cruise but has a different TA. He called his TA who then called Azamara, and he too was offered 5% OBC so he also made final payment. 

• Like 1

Received the offer and took advantage of it for our October cruise. 5% OBC was applied to our account for the October cruise immediately. Currently onboard and used it to book shore excursions for October. Worked very well. 

• Like 4

Thanks for all your input. 

Based on your experiences, I guess "future sailing" means it can be used on the cruise that the discount is being given for.

• Like 2

I received 'the email' for a cruise in December.  It just made me suspicious.  Call me a cynic.  However I have noticed that the 5% offer now comes up on the website when you go to make a booking.  I can get almost that much in a 6 month term deposit, so I don't see the appeal.  Perhaps if the offer is still there closer to my final payment date I'll consider it.

33 minutes ago, lahore said:

I received 'the email' for a cruise in December.  It just made me suspicious.  Call me a cynic.  However I have noticed that the 5% offer now comes up on the website when you go to make a booking.  I can get almost that much in a 6 month term deposit, so I don't see the appeal.  Perhaps if the offer is still there closer to my final payment date I'll consider it.

A 6 month term deposit quotes APR (annual percentage rate) – you only earn 1/2 of that in six months. 

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

A 6 month term deposit quotes APR (annual percentage rate) – you only earn 1/2 of that in six months. 

Um yes, I do realise that.  LOL.    Also, you are in USA and I am not, so interest rates differ.   Best not to assume that our fellow board members are morons in my experience. 

• Like 2

Just now, lahore said:

Um yes, I do realise that.  LOL.    Also, you are in USA and I am not, so interest rates differ.   Best not to assume that our fellow board members are morons in my experience. 

So you've got a 6-month term deposit that pays 10% APR?

• Like 3

Pointless arguing about it.  I did realise that, is my point.  You don't know the total I am paying and how much interest it may or may not accrue; nor whether the resulting amount is something I would consider significant so perhaps just assume that I am a PhD holder with a functioning brain and you would be on the money (pun intended).  Let's leave it there. 

On 3/2/2024 at 2:44 AM, luv2travel90266 said:

I received the prepayment offer and accepted it for a September 2024 cruise. The 5% OBC has already been applied and shows on the website, Thought it was a good deal for prepaying the balance just 4 months earlier then required. 

I also received this 5% OBC offer. My TA confirmed with Azamara that it could be used for the cruise I was paying for and the amount would be £352. Yes it showed up in my booking online immediately BUT as $352. At today’s exchange rate I’m losing out by £77. Azamara’s IT department are apparently on the case but I’m not holding my breath. Just a warning to other Brits.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CavershamCruiser said:

I also received this 5% OBC offer. My TA confirmed with Azamara that it could be used for the cruise I was paying for and the amount would be £352. Yes it showed up in my booking online immediately BUT as $352. At today’s exchange rate I’m losing out by £77. Azamara’s IT department are apparently on the case but I’m not holding my breath. Just a warning to other Brits.

Unfortunately this happens again and again for non US guests in so many areas. Their IT department seems to struggle to learn lessons at times 

5 hours ago, CavershamCruiser said:

They know there is a problem.

I also had the 5% added as US$ without exchange rate to £ calculation. Myself and my TA have been assured that whilst I see it as added to my US$ obc, at their end they see two amounts, one in US$ and one in £ sterling.
I am not going to touch the £ and will await its exchange to $ in those few days prior to boarding as per usual. That’s when any unused obc in any other currency other than US$  is exchanged into $ for use on board. Its never a good exchange rate but does the job, 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 10:10 PM, lahore said:

Pointless arguing about it.  I did realise that, is my point.  You don't know the total I am paying and how much interest it may or may not accrue; nor whether the resulting amount is something I would consider significant so perhaps just assume that I am a PhD holder with a functioning brain and you would be on the money (pun intended).  Let's leave it there. 

wow, kind of harsh?

• Like 2

I just spoke with an Azamara rep who said I have 91 days to pay the balance to receive the 5% promotion. However I must use it on the cruise I'm paying for.  She said it will probably be a long time promotion because it's been very popular.  I understand that comment plus $4.95 will get me a bitter cup of Starbucks coffee. Drink mine black.

• Haha 4

On 3/13/2024 at 12:14 PM, ChucktownSteve said:

I just spoke with an Azamara rep who said I have 91 days to pay the balance to receive the 5% promotion. However I must use it on the cruise I'm paying for.  She said it will probably be a long time promotion because it's been very popular.  I understand that comment plus $4.95 will get me a bitter cup of Starbucks coffee. Drink mine black.

Brilliant! I like your idea of checking with my TA to see how long the promo is available for.  We have been offered 7% for being over 365 days.  I’d like to wait til it’s 370 days if possible.  Also, could others who have booked it provide some details of what fees are deducted to determine what the amount is that the percentage is applied to? Thanks.

52 minutes ago, Whitby100 said:

Brilliant! I like your idea of checking with my TA to see how long the promo is available for.  We have been offered 7% for being over 365 days.  I’d like to wait til it’s 370 days if possible.  Also, could others who have booked it provide some details of what fees are deducted to determine what the amount is that the percentage is applied to? Thanks.

Here in UK , the discount is 5% of the cost of the cruise less taxes.

Random example ….cost of cruise is say £5000 of which £500 is taxes so 5% discount is £225.