Epic

Montanagirlalways

13 hours ago, Montanagirlalways said:

Our cruise is 1/7/2024. Does anyone have any recent daily’s?  What is the main show?

thank you!

I do and the main show is Burn the Floor

I will post the daily's later today when I get time on our roll call

Edited by ready2cruzagain
  • Like 1

• Not meant to be snarky, but I've always wondered why someone would want the Dailies from past cruises?  I mean, generally speaking, if anything changes, it changes from cruise to cruise, so past Dailies wouldn't be helpful.  Plus, those things that don't change (e.g. trivia) never changes and would be the same.

Additionally, the dailies are always available once you board.

So, what is the purpose of posting past dailies?  I do want to understand.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, graphicguy said:
  • Not meant to be snarky, but I've always wondered why someone would want the Dailies from past cruises?  I mean, generally speaking, if anything changes, it changes from cruise to cruise, so past Dailies wouldn't be helpful.  Plus, those things that don't change (e.g. trivia) never changes and would be the same.

Eh, it’s like the same as asking members to post who the senior officers are on the cruise, like who cares? Captain so and so isn’t going to remember Jane Smith and her husband from Wichita Kansas who sailed 2 years ago to the Caribbean. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JustAPilot said:

Eh, it’s like the same as asking members to post who the senior officers are on the cruise, like who cares? Captain so and so isn’t going to remember Jane Smith and her husband from Wichita Kansas who sailed 2 years ago to the Caribbean. 

I have done many live reports with pics and posted here.  Posting pics takes a long time with typical internet speeds.  And, aside from the time involved you are using your minutes to post.  I hope some of my posts are useful to others.  I'm just trying to figure out how useful old dailies might be.  Same with crew and management.  I kind of understand knowing who a particular concierge or Butler is on board, as they get personal and have something of a reputation people want to know about as they CAN directly affect someone's cruise in the Haven and/or Suite.

I personally have been chastised in a live report because I couldn't find who the crew are to post it in the review.

This was when I was on a Celebrity cruise a few years ago, but someone in the Celebrity threads wanted me to track down a particular waitress for them to deliver a message as they allegedly became close and fast friend while on board.  Waitstaff move from venue to venue.  So, finding this person was like finding a needle in a haystack.  By happenstance, I did note this particular waitress by her name tag.  When I mentioned the guest who wanted to communicate with her, she had no idea who I was talking about.

Point being, waitstaff are paid (monetarily, recognition, promotions, etc) to engage and be nice to guests.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I've been on CC for umpteen years...and for umpteen years I've never understood the request to post dailies, officer pictures, etc.  What a massive waste of time (for the person to have to take the pictures, post the pictures, waste their onboard internet time and then for the rest of us to have to scroll past the pictures).

I just figured if I said something I'd be looked at as a grumpy old man (which I am). 

Thanks for putting my grumpy old man thoughts into words.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

I have done many live reports with pics and posted here.  Posting pics takes a long time with typical internet speeds.  And, aside from the time involved you are using your minutes to post.  I hope some of my posts are useful to others.  I'm just trying to figure out how useful old dailies might be.  Same with crew and management.  I kind of understand knowing who a particular concierge or Butler is on board, as they get personal and have something of a reputation people want to know about as they CAN directly affect someone's cruise in the Haven and/or Suite.

I personally have been chastised in a live report because I couldn't find who the crew are to post it in the review.

This was when I was on a Celebrity cruise a few years ago, but someone in the Celebrity threads wanted me to track down a particular waitress for them to deliver a message as they allegedly became close and fast friend while on board.  Waitstaff move from venue to venue.  So, finding this person was like finding a needle in a haystack.  By happenstance, I did note this particular waitress by her name tag.  When I mentioned the guest who wanted to communicate with her, she had no idea who I was talking about.

Point being, waitstaff are paid (monetarily, recognition, promotions, etc) to engage and be nice to guests.  

I’m actually legit laughing out loud. Are you telling me the Philippino waitress wasn’t actually interested in seeing pictures of my family skiing in Aspen, laying on the beach  in Costa Maya and seeing pictures of my dog?? Oh wait maybe it’s because I kept tipping her $5 for every drink she brought.. but we were legit best friends!! 😂

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

When I mentioned the guest who wanted to communicate with her, she had no idea who I was talking about.

🤣Yeah, that's what we would expect.  That said, as I've shared before @graphicguy, our bartender friend Zandy recognized me from our Bliss cruise when I was on the Sun in July.  She mentioned that I had been on the Bliss and then the light bulb came on and I realized who she was.  Fun times.😎

• Like 2

I've only asked for dailies if I have a near term sailing on the same ship.  Sure, a lot will change, but the musicians sometime remain on the ships for months and I like to look for old friends (or target new ones).  I'm more interested in the list of bartenders than the list of officers.🤡

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

🤣Yeah, that's what we would expect.  That said, as I've shared before @graphicguy, our bartender friend Zandy recognized me from our Bliss cruise when I was on the Sun in July.  She mentioned that I had been on the Bliss and then the light bulb came on and I realized who she was.  Fun times.😎

But, you’re a memorable guy!!!!  😀

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I'm more interested in the list of bartenders than the list of officers.🤡

I can see asking who the Captain or CD is. Other than that, what difference does it make? It's not like people care about the Chief First Mate...😜

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MarkMark said:

Dailies help you plan dinner reservations and in some cases what excursions you may plan on port days if you want to figure when you will get back to ship in order to attend certain shipboard activities.

I agree, I love looking at them. Even if not my cruise then I know what time everything is open

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I agree, I love looking at them. Even if not my cruise then I know what time everything is open

Another person here that finds them potentially useful.

I just utilized the ones kindly posted by a member who disembarked a very similar itinerary to my cruise in 3 weeks.

On the other hand, while a reader could be curious about a senior crew member, or if John Doe is a concierge in the Haven right now on a particular ship, is there any real value in knowing BEFORE the cruise? There's no real advantage to having that information.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2023 at 8:39 AM, graphicguy said:

It's actually very helpful to see what daily activities are like on the cruise.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mississippian said:

It's actually very helpful to see what daily activities are like on the cruise.

Mostly, if you've seen one Daily, you've got a good idea of the daily activities.

Dance classes, trivia, origami, game shows, art auctions....

At night, usually a single or duo performing in the Atrium, the main shows in the theaters, comedy club or house band performing in the clubs.

At night, theme nights like "White Hot"!

Poolside.....best legs, dance offs....t-shirts, costume jewelry, cheap watch sales.

Every cruise, that's what the daily activity will be.

Changes?  It depends on the main entertainment.  Group, show, time, all of it changes from cruise to cruise.  So, what's good for one cruise may not be good for another.

There you have it.

My point....having done many pictorial reviews, posting dailies takes up a lot of internet minutes, which keeps from posting pics of the ship, restaurants, etc, which are more important.  Plus, depending on the ship's WiFi it takes an inordinate amount of time out of the poster's cruise time. I know if I can, I will post dailies.  But, to ask for the dailies to be posted is asking a lot...a lot of internet bandwidth (which may be at a premium) and a lot of time as the connection to the ship's internet is slow, the WiFi itself is NOT like you experience at home (not even close) whether you know it or not.

Same with chasing down crew members, or trying to find out who is or isn't part of the ship's management.  If I run across the ship's management, I'll snap a pic.  But, I won't go searching as it's usually in a different part of the ship, depending on ship.

Maybe I'm just whining.  But, those of us who post our reviews and pictorials, we try to post what WE find interesting.  Please don't ask us to take a pic of this or that.  We post what we can, when we can.

Again, not being snarky.  That's just the reality of the situation.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

And, they had every right.  That'll learn'em to approach me with "drinks of the day" before I've had my coffee. 😉

The nerve!

There are two types of people. There are those who board the ship without doing any research about excursions, entertainment and dining options and then complain that they were shut out of all four performances of Donna Summer. And then there are those who absolutely must pre-plan every second of their vacation and heaven forbid someone like @schmoopie17 surprises them by showing up at their cabin with a plate full of hash browns. 

I suspect most of us are somewhere in between and have done some research about the ship's offerings and plan accordingly. And whatever comes as a surprise after we board, we vow never to sail NCL ever again and air our grievances on Cruise Critic, and not just during Festivus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Truth be told, we barely even look at the dailies when they get delivered to our cabin. Certainly have no use for them when we're not even on a ship. We tend to go with the flow and don't need a daily to tell us how to waste our time.

As @graphicguyastutely points out, if you've seen one trivia, art auction, dance class or other meaningless time fillers/wasters...or sales propaganda inserts...you've seen them all. I don't need a daily to tell me important things like where the bars are. But as usual...YMMV.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1