Move up bids.

drakes2

Unsure about how this works. Today I received a move up bid for various categories with a starting bid on each category but when I click on each one the blue slider has a higher price. Does that mean I have to bid more than the slider amount?  Sailing solo so I realize its x2 which is fine but I'm afraid of overbidding. No experience with this and my CVP is on holiday till the New Year. Merry Christmas to all! 

I find the slider very sensitive., particularly on my phone or tablet, it goes from 0 to over the minimum bid when I barely touch it. 
You do not have to bid more than the minimum but like any auction the higher your bid the greater the odds of being successful.

Good luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I find the slider very sensitive., particularly on my phone or tablet, it goes from 0 to over the minimum bid when I barely touch it. 
You do not have to bid more than the minimum but like any auction the higher your bid the greater the odds of being successful.

Good luck.

I am wanting to bid on an SV minimum is $225 per person but slider says $560 per person so over 1K. Too much for me as a single traveler.

2 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I am wanting to bid on an SV minimum is $225 per person but slider says $560 per person so over 1K. Too much for me as a single traveler.

The minimum on a recent one was $700 it was tricky to get the slider to go to anything less than $925.  It took awhile of trying but got it to $825.

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

The minimum on a recent one was $700 it was tricky to get the slider to go to anything less than $925.  It took awhile of trying but got it to $825.

Did you win the bid? I have an inside deluxe which was expensive enough as a solo probably because its the Beyond. 

Yes.  If you move the slider slightly you will see the minimum bid and if slid all the way to right the Max bid.   As you suggested yes for all including singles it is per person for the first two passengers.

I have found that on occasion you can purchase the room on the website for lower than some of the bid amounts.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes.  If you move the slider slightly you will see the minimum bid and if slid all the way to right the Max bid.   As you suggested yes for all including singles it is per person for the first two passengers.

I have found that on occasion you can purchase the room on the website for lower than some of the bid amounts.

Thank you. Wishing you both a very Merry Christmas..

27 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Thank you. Wishing you both a very Merry Christmas..

Same to you.   We had a wonderful time at an Annual Xmas Eve Party and planning on going down to visit all the Grand Kids in a couple hours.   

At home we are Bahh.. .Humbug and  no longer even decorate for Christmas.  

Good luck on you upgrade bid if you choose to make one.  Lately they have been outrageously priced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/25/2023 at 1:04 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Same to you.   We had a wonderful time at an Annual Xmas Eve Party and planning on going down to visit all the Grand Kids in a couple hours.   

At home we are Bahh.. .Humbug and  no longer even decorate for Christmas.  

Good luck on you upgrade bid if you choose to make one.  Lately they have been outrageously priced.

The minimum bid is $510 pp for an SV on the Beyond. Currently I have an inside cabin. Is this a good price? It would be several thousand more if I upgraded on the website.

2 hours ago, Steve H said:

Hi can you bid on two different categories for the same cruise?

I have bid on several categories on both rccl and celebrity, I normally bid on all suites that don’t require stairs 😁, was successful a couple of years ago for a penthouse.

On 12/25/2023 at 11:43 AM, drakes2 said:

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

The minimum bid is $510 pp for an SV on the Beyond. Currently I have an inside cabin. Is this a good price? It would be several thousand more if I upgraded on the website.

I’m confused as to whether the minimum bid for the SV category you’re looking to Move Up to is $225 pp, $560 pp, or $510 pp. Only you can decide what you’re willing to offer. Good luck! 🤞

2 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I’m confused as to whether the minimum bid for the SV category you’re looking to Move Up to is $225 pp, $560 pp, or $510 pp. Only you can decide what you’re willing to offer. Good luck! 🤞

The email says sunset verandah stateroom from $225 per person but when I click on the request upgrade button slider now says minimum bid is $505 per person so seems to have changed again. I checked the inventory and don't even see any SV cabins available.

My cruise only had inside rooms available when they started emailing out for bids, now there have been some releasing of rooms and cancellations (a lot are sky suites surprise surprise). But when the bids were sent out it was for all categories