New Princess App available

iamaqt2

So apparently Medallion Pay has a website:

https://medallionpay.com/

The T&Cs of MedallionPay as outlined by Radiqal, LLC are below:

https://medallionpay.com/terms/customer/

So, there's a completely different set of T&Cs governing MedallionPay, so passengers shouldn't be forced to provide a credit card for use with Shoreside MedallionPay.

Edited by SCX22
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, schooner_Drinker said:

That function needs to be removed or a bypass function available so it doesn’t affect check in completion 

In the original app it was optional to participate in the app shoreside shopping program which I declined & was still in the Green lane.

• Like 7

On 12/28/2023 at 2:32 PM, Thrak said:

I have a Capital One card. It allows me to make "virtual" cards for specific uses. I have virtual numbers for many places and the number is only good at those specific places. I can set any expiration date I like. For instance: the card I use for Princess is not my actual card. It is only good at Princess cruises.

Okay, Thrak, you've piqued my curiosity.  So if your virtual number that is designated for Princess gets used by another vendor - something radical like, oh, I don't know, maybe Radiqal something or other, let's say - would your bank reject it as an unauthorized transaction?

• Like 1

So I see we got a minor update in the app to deal with the timeout issues.  Will be interesting to see if that works. Not sure what the update is around green lane consistency is. Didn’t help me. I’m green lane on the old app and blue lane on the new app still because the new app demands the credit card for shoreside and the old one doesn’t. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tiggerrr said:

So I see we got a minor update in the app to deal with the timeout issues.  Will be interesting to see if that works. Not sure what the update is around green lane consistency is. Didn’t help me. I’m green lane on the old app and blue lane on the new app still because the new app demands the credit card for shoreside and the old one doesn’t. 

We’re (correctly) blue on the old and (incorrectly) green on the new, going to be running both apps until the old one disappears.

On 12/27/2023 at 12:50 PM, Lanwood said:

Other than having to log out and log in for each booking, only glitch I can see is the package information purchased is set for US not AUS, so not quite accurate for this cruise, otherwise, not bad my end for round one.

That might be the issue we are having seeing some guests with different prices in their SD.

If so, the pricing is mixed with SD and AUS.  How the loaded it that way, really baffles me.

What about your SD, is that USD?

8 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Ruby Princess - Fort Lauderdale to LA,  to Vancouver, to Hawaii, to Alaska and end in Vancouver --23 Mar - 7 May

Grand Princess   -  Vancouver to Alaska and back to Vancouver -- 8 May - 22 May

Just can't believe the Princess will raise the price that much.

Agreed.  Go on the old App or on the website version of the App and book your SD, if you want them. Yesterday, they showed the current prices, not the increased prices.

We don’t know if this is an increase for sure. They may have loaded them wrong.

8 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Ruby Princess - Fort Lauderdale to LA,  to Vancouver, to Hawaii, to Alaska and end in Vancouver --23 Mar - 7 May

Grand Princess   -  Vancouver to Alaska and back to Vancouver -- 8 May - 22 May

Just can't believe the Princess will raise the price that much.

I see the ships that you listed

on this thread now.

Which ships are you

seeing the increased pricing for CG?

And you are in the US, correct? 
Are you seeing other SD

increased prices?

TIA

Edited by PacnGoNow

2 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Ruby or Grand as the new app has them combined as one  voyage 

One voyage? Well, that’s another error. SMH

So, did you check the pricing on the Ruby portion and a date on the Grand?  Both show these increased prices?  CG and the other SD’s?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Agreed.  Go on the old App or on the website version of the App and book your SD, if you want them. Yesterday, they showed the current prices, not the increased prices.

We don’t know if this is an increase for sure. They may have loaded them wrong.

I wait until we are on board to book so I can use my OBC.  So far have not had a problem waiting to book

9 hours ago, schooner_Drinker said:

I’m not interested in the shoreside portion so why does (by not completing) stop me from completing check in 

what’s with the gaming LLC 

IMG_4721.thumb.jpeg.f020cbdf42510bf56856c2a7c1322371.jpeg

To your point, who the heck is Radiqal Gaming and why in the world would I just say "yeah, sure, go ahead - here's my credit card and contact information"?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

I wait until we are on board to book so I can use my OBC.  So far have not had a problem waiting to book

We usually do that too. But just suggesting, due to possible increase.  Hopefully, this is just an IT loading error.  

I booked some ahead of time, and will wait and see. We can always cancel before sailing and just get a refund. 

27 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Yup

exactly

They need to get on this and remove, fix or put in a decline function 

If I want to purchase something in another country whilst ashore, I will use cash.

Not for one minute do I want local vendors transactions on my ship folio or my credit card via a gaming company.

Lets see if this can be passed along to the APP developers.

Nancy 

And where in new APP are you seeing Blue / Green lane status ?

We managed to go Green in old APP with some juggling.

Under the old App don’t you have a choice to choose and if so, entry your credit card information there and Princess will downloaded to the new App.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

If someone can get this to PCL IT this shows the issue in New APP

When using an iPhone iOS 17.2.1

Unable to complete check in due to shoreside functionality 

Remove, or add a decline or fix so PAX can fully complete check in 

Now for some reason when my partner and I checked in for a previous cruise, we used different credit cards.

They show as complete 7/7 and are Green on OLD APP

I show as 6/7 completed , however I am Green on OLD APP 🤯 Glitchy bug 🐞 Not complete New APP

This function or disfunction-  prevents completion of check in and will be a major issue for PCL as no one using new APP not wanting  their personnel credit card information stored by a gaming company, will be able to complete and go Green

Thanks

IMG_4728.thumb.jpeg.7622fb8a159da20fe9b29d08c5d3bcb0.jpeg

IMG_4726.thumb.jpeg.037056eb15d7faf6281331e71426c01a.jpeg

IMG_4727.thumb.jpeg.97483c694785e5e28f26da69cbb0bdd4.jpeg

I wish I could talk to the developers or become a BETA tester for them.

Would be great from a PAX perspective to show and assist them with providing an excellent APP and what we have to go through in real time .

I say this sincerely as I do like the APP and the tech 😎

I haven’t used the new App yet as I’m waiting to read everyone comments on it. In my opinion the App is better than the old App however, there are about two issues that’s need to be fix. One is the credit card information (above) and the second one is that I want to see all my upcoming cruises at the same time. Im sure there are more issues however, for me this is acceptable if they fix these issues. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 2

On 12/27/2023 at 9:50 PM, nazpaz said:

I just sent a message to AskOceanMedallion@carnival.com (the app support email address for the new Princess Cruise app).  I reported that on the new app Ocean Ready will not complete unless you enter the Shoreside payment method.  If others have this issue and report it they might be able to identify this as an issue that needs to be given priority status.

I am pretty update that Princess is forcing us to register a credit card with the ‘Shoreside Transactions’ in order to be in the GREEN Lane! I have a CC on file for our ship’s account but I DO NOT want a 3rd party keeping my credit card on file.  I don’t shop on shore with a CC. 

Since I refuse to register any Shoreside credit card info, I am in the Blue Lane…. And as punishment for failing to abide with their demand, they won’t let me complete our Medallion Order!!! (Which should be shipped to me since we have the Plus Package!! 😠). I will be sending off an email to express my dissatisfaction with this process. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

It only shows your next cruise. To see other cruises, you have to log in with each booking number.

I reported this to the developers, in a review, that we need this enhancement.

Thanks to PacnGoNow one of my issues maybe resolved next week (cross your fingers). Now we need to contact Princess on the credit card information.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, San10s said:

I am pretty update that Princess is forcing us to register a credit card with the ‘Shoreside Transactions’ in order to be in the GREEN Lane! I have a CC on file for our ship’s account but I DO NOT want a 3rd party keeping my credit card on file.  I don’t shop on shore with a CC. 

Since I refuse to register any Shoreside credit card info, I am in the Blue Lane…. And as punishment for failing to abide with their demand, they won’t let me complete our Medallion Order!!! (Which should be shipped to me since we have the Plus Package!! 😠). I will be sending off an email to express my dissatisfaction with this process. 

May I suggest when you send that e-mail to include us (cruise critic members, if that’s allowed under the rules) as we are having the same concerns, especially me. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, nbsjcruiser said:

To your point, who the heck is Radiqal Gaming and why in the world would I just say "yeah, sure, go ahead - here's my credit card and contact information"?

Oh.. why they are a TRUSTED partner of PCL!  Why ever should we mere guests question such things?  What could possibly go wrong?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

On 12/28/2023 at 11:59 AM, CruisinCouple2010 said:

I was planning to buy it when on board so I can use my OBC.  I will have to buy under the old app as my status shows correctly on that but now my husbands shows incorrectly under both the old and new app. Mine is incorrect on the new app only. Just something else for me to have to deal with. That’s not what vacation time is for. 

If you have a CVP, he/she can fix it for you.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

If someone can get this to PCL IT this shows the issue in New APP

When using an iPhone iOS 17.2.1

Unable to complete check in due to shoreside functionality 

Remove, or add a decline or fix so PAX can fully complete check in 

Now for some reason when my partner and I checked in for a previous cruise, we used different credit cards.

They show as complete 7/7 and are Green on OLD APP

I show as 6/7 completed , however I am Green on OLD APP 🤯 Glitchy bug 🐞 Not complete New APP

This function or disfunction-  prevents completion of check in and will be a major issue for PCL as no one using new APP not wanting  their personnel credit card information stored by a gaming company, will be able to complete and go Green

Thanks

IMG_4728.thumb.jpeg.7622fb8a159da20fe9b29d08c5d3bcb0.jpeg

IMG_4726.thumb.jpeg.037056eb15d7faf6281331e71426c01a.jpeg

IMG_4727.thumb.jpeg.97483c694785e5e28f26da69cbb0bdd4.jpeg

I wish I could talk to the developers or become a BETA tester for them.

Would be great from a PAX perspective to show and assist them with providing an excellent APP and what we have to go through in real time .

I say this sincerely as I do like the APP and the tech 😎

I sent your post for you, to the IT department to do a fix. IDK if it will help. 🥴

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JanetAlice said:

Check your room number on the app. One of our travel companions upgraded her room and the new app shows the old room while the Princess website shows the correct room. Ours is fine. (We upgraded as well). 

I would wait for a few days and then check again. 

1 hour ago, coo359a2 said:

Ruby or Grand as the new app has them combined as one  voyage 

I had really hoped that B2B issues might have been resolved with the new app. With 17 B2B cruises booked in the old app, they were grouped 9 cruises and 8 cruises. While I could book dining reservations for the 8 cruise group, I never could for the 9 cruise group. Then we cancelled the first of 9 cruise group and that broke things even further. It was partly out of frustration that I cancelled everything.  This is supposed to be fun!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2