New Princess App available

iamaqt2

5 minutes ago, leck57 said:

Hmm Interesting. I just checked my Travel Summary for the cruise I finished on Monday and after Flights (which I didn't have any) it says "your ship begins boarding at at 12.30pm on Feb 05 and sets sail at 4pm on Feb 05"

My travel summary says "Please refer to your OceanReady® Boarding Pass in the Princess Cruises® App on your mobile device to see what time the check-in window starts and ends." Maybe I have to wait for that to show up in the app? It's not a big deal because I can just go to the port in plenty of time before the ship leaves but I was wondering if I missed something.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, leck57 said:

Hmm Interesting. I just checked my Travel Summary for the cruise I finished on Monday and after Flights (which I didn't have any) it says "your ship begins boarding at at 12.30pm on Feb 05 and sets sail at 4pm on Feb 05"

That is the standard boilerplate text that's been in Travel Summary for long time.  It can vary, but in practice, terminal doors are open by 10:00-ish and boarding long before noon.  The important thing is to be checked in at least an hour before sailing time.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

That is the standard boilerplate text that's been in Travel Summary for long time.  It can vary, but in practice, terminal doors are open by 10:00-ish and boarding long before noon.  The important thing is to be checked in at least an hour before sailing time.

Yep, understood. Strange that @lorri111 Travel Summary apparently doesn't have that wording.

23 hours ago, Fuses04 said:

Contacted a Princess supervisor in customer relations who couldn't fix it and advised for some pax the App works fine and for others it doesn't. They have paased the issue on to IT but nit holding my breath. Curretly unable to get Ocean Ready on old App. I phoned OceanReady and they also had problems with accessing the booking, not recognising the booking ref but they after some time fidn a back door method of accessing the booking. They also could not process Ocean Ready tasks and have raised a ticket with IT which they say will be fixed in 3-5 days. Princess are not taking dining reservation for Sun Princess for sail dates post March 2024.

Now fixed, thanks for your help

• Like 1

18 hours ago, desertdwellingsailor said:

Is there any way to tell in the app when your embarkation time is?

No one has a specific embarkation time.  Show-up when you show-up...you'll go through security and check-in, and if they haven't started boarding yet, you'll wait with others until they do, going in priority order of suites, elites, etc.  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JGmf said:

No one has a specific embarkation time.  Show-up when you show-up...you'll go through security and check-in, and if they haven't started boarding yet, you'll wait with others until they do, going in priority order of suites, elites, etc.  Enjoy your cruise!

Just make sure you show up prior to the cutoff time for the manifest to be finalized

• Like 1

Bottom line: They could dump everything but the profile tab and have a better app. Most of the tabs and pages are duplicative and useless and the content isn't helpful. The login needs to be made secure.

My detailed observations about the new app are as follows:
- Login using userid+password is broken. The workaround is using booking number and passenger name, but that's not secure. Since payment methods are stored in the app, ONLY login credentials should be accepted and multi-factor authentication/biometric login should be available.
- A lot of content on the front page has a lot to do with Princess selling stuff (Upgraded dining, upgraded drinks, excursions) and NOT managing the voyage. Since MY priority is to manage my voyage and not hand Princess huge sums of money, my preference is an app that makes managing a voyage easy.
- The ribbon on the front page is awful for navigating. Would rather just see buttons without having to move or scroll.
- Too much of the screen real-estate is spent on pictures of people gambling or drinking, etc. I want buttons that drive function. Too much scrolling required vertically and horizontally on the app, which makes it less usable. 
- Managing multiple voyages - no longer possible unless you log out of the app and back in using each of the individual booking numbers for the voyage you're interested in which is horrifically clunky. This is a failure
- Functions on the front page - Reserve dining - the ONLY useful function on the front page of the app. Unfortunately, it does not work for all ships in the fleet (e.g. Sun Princess). 

Bottom of screen navigation buttons:
- Home - This button works fine. Takes you back to the home screen. Wish the home screen was actually useful.
- Service - has no actual functions active just a screen explaining that I can order stuff. Why?
- Journey - Takes you to ship maps. Ship map navigation REQUIRES that you use the pull down in the upper right to pick the deck. This is slightly better than having to scroll through all the floors by swiping left and right but decks have no names along with numbers. This contains book shore excursions (which can be done on the home screen), Explore dining options (which is also on the home screen), "Show Entire Ship Schedule" which is not a button like the others but an underlined link and it DOES NOT show the entire schedule - it ignores sea days. Under "My Journey" it apparently allows for customized bookmarks, but Lord only knows how to set a bookmark
- The content on the MY JOURNEY and SHIP SCHEDULE sub-tabs is exactly the same - why?
- Crew Call Chat - doesn't work on shore
- Profile. This is what the home screen should be - EXCEPT, I don't need a picture of myself, the medallion color is wrong, the My Voyages only has one voyage in it (I have 5 future cruises booked, I should see them all)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Catbert234 said:

- Managing multiple voyages - no longer possible unless you log out of the app and back in using each of the individual booking numbers for the voyage you're interested in which is horrifically clunky. This is a failure

A further twist to this fail:  once onboard you can not access ANY future voyages via the app - be that old app, new app or web version - to complete steps that can only be accomplished by using the app, e.g. purchase MedallionNet and DMW reservations.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Catbert234 said:

Login using userid+password is broken.

I haven't had any issues since Princess pushed out the new app with logging in with my user ID and Password. Android, Samsung A10E. 

3 hours ago, kamelia said:

A further twist to this fail:  once onboard you can not access ANY future voyages via the app - be that old app, new app or web version - to complete steps that can only be accomplished by using the app, e.g. purchase MedallionNet and DMW reservations.

Once you are on medallion net you are locked into your current cruise. You can still go on to Princess.com and see your upcoming cruises and boot excursions etc

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Catbert234 said:

Bottom line: They could dump everything but the profile tab and have a better app. Most of the tabs and pages are duplicative and useless and the content isn't helpful. The login needs to be made secure.

- Login using userid+password is broken. The workaround is using booking number and passenger name, but that's not secure. Since payment methods are stored in the app, ONLY login credentials should be accepted and multi-factor authentication/biometric login should be available.
- A lot of content on the front page has a lot to do with Princess selling stuff (Upgraded dining, upgraded drinks, excursions) and NOT managing the voyage. Since MY priority is to manage my voyage and not hand Princess huge sums of money, my preference is an app that makes managing a voyage easy.
- The ribbon on the front page is awful for navigating. Would rather just see buttons without having to move or scroll.
- Too much of the screen real-estate is spent on pictures of people gambling or drinking, etc. I want buttons that drive function. Too much scrolling required vertically and horizontally on the app, which makes it less usable. 
- Functions on the front page - Reserve dining - the ONLY useful function on the front page of the app. Unfortunately, it does not work for all ships in the fleet (e.g. Sun Princess). 

- Home - This button works fine. Takes you back to the home screen. Wish the home screen was actually useful.
- Service - has no actual functions active just a screen explaining that I can order stuff. Why?
- Journey - Takes you to ship maps. Ship map navigation REQUIRES that you use the pull down in the upper right to pick the deck. This is slightly better than having to scroll through all the floors by swiping left and right but decks have no names along with numbers. This contains book shore excursions (which can be done on the home screen), Explore dining options (which is also on the home screen), "Show Entire Ship Schedule" which is not a button like the others but an underlined link and it DOES NOT show the entire schedule - it ignores sea days. Under "My Journey" it apparently allows for customized bookmarks, but Lord only knows how to set a bookmark
- The content on the MY JOURNEY and SHIP SCHEDULE sub-tabs is exactly the same - why?
- Profile. This is what the home screen should be - EXCEPT, I don't need a picture of myself, the medallion color is wrong, the My Voyages only has one voyage in it (I have 5 future cruises booked, I should see them all)

Some functions - like Crew Call and Services like Ocean Now - were designed to work only when onboard the ship.  That said, send what you wrote to CustomerRelations@PrincessCruises.com.  Copy Padgett if you like.  He seems to think the Princess App is the greatest thing since invention of PC or microchip.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Some functions - like Crew Call and Services like Ocean Now - were designed to work only when onboard the ship.  That said, send what you wrote to CustomerRelations@PrincessCruises.com.  Copy Padgett if you like.  He seems to think the Princess App is the greatest thing since invention of PC or microchip.

Great idea!

@Catbert234  Here’s email for JP:

JPadgett@Princesscruises.com

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, doghog said:

Does he are anyone from his office respond to Emails?

I think you know the answer to that; but if a person just wants to try to clutter up an inbox, why not send a missive?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, memoak said:

Once you are on medallion net you are locked into your current cruise. You can still go on to Princess.com and see your upcoming cruises and boot excursions etc

You're right, you can access certain aspects of your future cruise reservations on Princess.com, just nothing that requires the app to be completed.  IMO, incorporating that limitation into the most recent version of the app (new, old, and web) ticks my "fail" box.  🥴 

On the Enchanted in December I couldn’t even login to Princess.com when I was on the ship. When we were in port then I could login using the internet not ships WiFi. 

Edited by Solara

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Have you tried changing password to sync them up?

Yes. And that worked. Until the next time I tried to log  I also did the change password - to the same password. Last night I had to reset again. And never received the reset email link. 😂

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Catbert234 said:

I am not sure if it is broken or just how it was designed.  If you wish to use the AP for future booked cruises, you need to use your booking number and name, correct? To your point, the AP can be redesigned.   I certainly would not want to “sign in” again, ever time I needed to use the AP, especially when cruising,  

2 minutes ago, Brian2204 said:

Sailing on 4/4, Crown, SF to HI,RT

I'm all checked in but cannot bookmark any events.

Can you only do that once you board the ship?

It may not have opened yet.  Some of our JourneyViews have opened about 1 month out.  

It may change once OB also, so just recheck.