This is our room noise on Seashore...no sleep

jinpasco

There are similar threads on the Celebrity board about banging and knocking in the walls on the Beyond. Both ships are around the same age. I wonder if they were built in the same shipyard or by using the same technology. We sailed on Seashore in the YC. No banging in the walls but Our room was perpetually hot. Like you, I was happy to be off that ship. Nothing worse that being unable to sleep at night, whatever the reason. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t see anything but a blurry picture.  I was across the ship in 5026 for ten nights.  Under the stage, had booming bass in the evenings when there was a show, sometimes the patter of feet and after the show,  moving of props, etc.  But it usually stopped by midnight.  Also right above a loading hatch, could watch them loading pallets of Acqua Panna.  If the sea was active I occasionally had waves crashing, sometimes sounded like sleet hitting the windows…. But I would t hesitate to book the room again.  Except that it’s a looong way from the MDR.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

I don’t see anything but a blurry picture.  I was across the ship in 5026 for ten nights.  Under the stage, had booming bass in the evenings when there was a show, sometimes the patter of feet and after the show,  moving of props, etc.  But it usually stopped by midnight.  Also right above a loading hatch, could watch them loading pallets of Acqua Panna.  If the sea was active I occasionally had waves crashing, sometimes sounded like sleet hitting the windows…. But I would t hesitate to book the room again.  Except that it’s a looong way from the MDR.  EM

No picture, just the sound. The blurry pic is when I put the phone on the rug. It may take a few seconds to hear the start. We were on the sailing after  you and the storm that caused the late arrival. I thought maybe some chain let loose during that sailing.. Looking at the outside there was a large door one deck down that most likely  was used for loading/ unloading .I asked them to please check what was possibly under our room. We never heard back. Thank goodness it was only 5 days. If the ship swayed bow to stern, no sound but portside to starboard..it was loud.

We will still sail MSC as we have had 6 other great cruises with them. We will just be more aware of what room we pick.

Hope you can hear it..try again. Works for me but maybe some servers it won't work with.

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

There are similar threads on the Celebrity board about banging and knocking in the walls on the Beyond. Both ships are around the same age. I wonder if they were built in the same shipyard or by using the same technology.

The Edge Class isn't built by Fincantieri. Edge/Apex/Beyond/Ascent/Xcel are built by Chantiers de l'Atlantique in France. 

Seaside/Seaview/Seashore/Seascape (MSC), Prima/Viva/Aqua (NCL), Scarlet/Valiant/Resilient/Brilliant (Virgin Voyages) are built by Fincantieri and are based on Project Mille by Fincantieri. 

For the sound heard in the video and based on the location, maybe chengkp75 would know what the cause/solution is. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Homosassa said:

Chengkp75 did post the answer to this type of noise.

Something about the cover for the water intake (???) for stabilizers (????) vibrating in rough seas (????)

Hopefully he will post the accurate explanation.

I just wish instead of saying "its normal " and " no one else had mentioned it " I could have felt heard. He just dismissed it.  I even thought the rough seas on the prior cruise may have loosened something.  Lesson learned for us and maybe a future cruiser thinking of this area. It was a great window room otherwise. Thanks. 

• Like 2

Fight it w MSC Corporate

I took a 9 day cruise on HAL ROTTERDAMV11 in late November - I had a balcony cabin & on the first nite I heard a pounding noise in the cabin - it continued every day & nite(sometimes at 3 in the afternoon & then usually at 5-11 pm)

I couldn't sleep or get rest - I called down to guest relations - got nowwhere by the 3rd day i said I wanted to speak w the HOTEL MANAGER - that took 2 days until I said I would call HAL Corp in Seattle.  She basically had an 1 hour schmooze / corporate talk w me(& another mangaer).  After I told them I asked several officers I ran into in the hallway outside the cabin(there was a stairway to the bridge forward of my cabin) they investigated & found the sound speakers / sound system for the showroom was attached to beams 2 decks below,  Tou could hear the noise halfway down the ship - they also said nob one ever complained or mentioned it .  Corporate crap!!

There were other issues - when I retuned home I called my TA - they passed on the info to HAL & sent me the names & titles of who would take care of this - I want a refund - the hotel manager asked what I wanted - I should of said what is 9 nites worth of sleep worth???

I'm waiting to hear from HAL - I won't step on another HAL  / Carnival Corp ship ever again.

7 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Bilge Rat said He would be in A/C ducks. Soooo! It was a Ship at SEA?? No Sea Dogs here. Essie Slept well, not a word from Her. Ear plugs? Had No problems in Engine Room. Booked Solo mid-April Mommy.

Edited by Bilge Rat 2

1 hour ago, jinpasco said:

I actually had ear plugs ( for the loud shows) and used them 2 nights but could.still hear though more muffled. These may be better.

Oh my…not good. My ear plugs have a 33 decibel noise reduction (or so it says on the package). I use them bc I sleep next to a freight train (DH) at night. They do a good job. I get them at Walmart. 

• Thanks 1

Hello,

I needed ear plugs on Virtuosa earlier this year because of creaking, rubbing or flexing. The noise specifically came from around the door/window unit between the cabin and the balcony or hole in the ship's side through which the cabin is inserted.

Regards,

Cublet

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/30/2023 at 7:58 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

There are similar threads on the Celebrity board about banging and knocking in the walls on the Beyond. Both ships are around the same age. I wonder if they were built in the same shipyard or by using the same technology. We sailed on Seashore in the YC. No banging in the walls but Our room was perpetually hot. Like you, I was happy to be off that ship. Nothing worse that being unable to sleep at night, whatever the reason. 

We were on Beyond in December in an infinite veranda cabin and it creaked and cracked all night, and during the day.  I wear earplugs that have a NRR of 30 and couldn't sleep.

On 12/30/2023 at 6:48 PM, Bgwest said:

That's why God made 👇

image.png.0fbbd8687ecef2ab4730c2c8df00de51.png

We were on Seascape Yacht Club Interior, 16019. The kitchen cleanup would start at 1:00am, ear plugs would not help us. Finally, after 3 nights, ( and complaining every day) we were given a general population cabin to sleep in!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rikitikitavii said:

We were on Seascape Yacht Club Interior, 16019. The kitchen cleanup would start at 1:00am, ear plugs would not help us. Finally, after 3 nights, ( and complaining every day) we were given a general population cabin to sleep in!

Uh oh, we'll be in 16027 soon. I'll have to remember to bring some ear plugs just in case. Thanks for mentioning this!

2 hours ago, karmamule said:

Uh oh, we'll be in 16027 soon. I'll have to remember to bring some ear plugs just in case. Thanks for mentioning this!

You should be ok with 16027, we had interior, just below kitchen!

• Like 1