Metallic party on Celebrity Ascent

jamin jul

It’s listed as Shine The Night Party in the Cruise Planner. It’s been on their social media. A different take on a white party. It’s day 4 on the cruise that departs today. 

New Signature Resort Deck Party

New for Celebrity Ascent is a high-octane nightlife experience where the ship’s Resort Deck transforms into a radiant center stage with high-energy live performances, a prism light show, and DJ creating a pulsating dance floor to an illuminating playlist.  Called Ascent After Dark: Shine the Night, guests are invited to bring out their best metallic attire to enjoy this open-air celebration under the moon and stars

Outdoor deck parties are fun..esp on E class with the Colored lights and outdoor acoustics to spread the sound.. but not sure about the possible playlist.. 

What is "Metallic attire" ?  Is it like the Tin Man? I do have a silver vest  and a gray sequin  tank top...but no idea?? Most people bring white but  metallic..?   We'll stop in if the time works!

Thank you Paulh84 for the information. I think the outdoor deck parties are fun. I remember the silent disco was on the outside deck on the Edge. 

hcat- I googled metallic wear- I think it is glittery shirts/dresses also  shiny silver or gold colored shirts.  I have a shiny gold colored shirt to wear with white jeans. I will be on the Ascent Feb. 11- so we have Super Bowl, Valentine’s Day, Mardi Gras and now Metallic night😀😀😀

Thanks.. my  grey/ silver sequin shell will be perfect with white capris.Dh will just wear blk.. 

Prism light show should be awesome!

On 12/31/2023 at 9:17 AM, jamin jul said:

Has anyone been to the Metallic party on Celebrity Ascent? What night was it? Did you dress in metallic clothes or just the celebrity crew were in metallic?

Yes, don't remember what night it was but mid cruise.  There were lots of sparkle dresses & shoes from guests & staff who were in the know.  The staff passed out glow sticks throughout the audience & it is a time to dance to the cruise directors music.

On 12/31/2023 at 6:17 AM, jamin jul said:

Has anyone been to the Metallic party on Celebrity Ascent? What night was it? Did you dress in metallic clothes or just the celebrity crew were in metallic?

Search youtube, there are already some videos posted

image.thumb.png.6124000bbc8b3b7ed6d4ba136ed2784a.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw a video on this.  I'm on Beyond in March, is this an Ascent only pool party?  Seems like the other E-class ships I've been on miss the mark for evening pool parties.  Virgin Voyages sets the standard IMO for pool deck night time fun.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

Just saw a video on this.  I'm on Beyond in March, is this an Ascent only pool party?  Seems like the other E-class ships I've been on miss the mark for evening pool parties.  Virgin Voyages sets the standard IMO for pool deck night time fun.

Metallic Party is only on Ascent (for now).

2 hours ago, Tyler414 said:

I’m just off Beyond and there was a Metallic Deck Party under the stars. I didn’t go so I can’t comment on the actual party.

11 hours ago, BettyCruiser said:

I’m just off Beyond and there was a Metallic Deck Party under the stars. I didn’t go so I can’t comment on the actual party.

Thanks for the info, I guess I'm doing some metallic cloths shopping. 😄

14 hours ago, Tyler414 said:

Agree,  we sailed on Virgin last year and they have one of the most awesome deck parties I've ever seen on a cruise,  we will be on the Ascent Feb. 11th so we can compare the two.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, surfone said:

Agree,  we sailed on Virgin last year and they have one of the most awesome deck parties I've ever seen on a cruise,  we will be on the Ascent Feb. 11th so we can compare the two.

There is no other cruiseline that has better deck parties than Virgin. None. 

17 hours ago, Tyler414 said:

This is a Virgin ship, the thread is about a Metallic party on Celebrity Cruises.

Yes I realize that. I'm just responding to your comment about Virgin deck parties. You're the one that brought up how Virgin sets the standard for cruise ship deck parties, not me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sun bum said:

The metallic pool party is actually called "Shine the Night". I heard it is on the 4th night of the cruise,.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!!

2 hours ago, Buckeye94 said:

I read that as "Metallica Party" and thought, "wow, Celebrity is really going after a different customer." 😂 🎵"We're off to never-never land! 🎵

Now I'll have Enter Sandman stuck  in my  head for the rest of the night. Thanks😁🙄

On the original subject though... I have a gold sequin blouse and a silver metallic dress. I'm ready !

• Like 1