Metallic party on Celebrity Ascent

jamin jul

3 hours ago, Buckeye94 said:

I read that as "Metallica Party" and thought, "wow, Celebrity is really going after a different customer." 😂 🎵"We're off to never-never land! 🎵

I guess it isn't designed for Crutches, Knee Replacements an Wheel Chairs.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2024 at 10:06 PM, zitsky said:

Wouldn’t it be really loud if your cabin is under one of these parties?

why would you book below the pool deck

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, joedel said:

why would you book below the pool deck

Maybe because some cabins like Aqua are below the pool deck or the buffet and sometimes people don’t check cabin reviews?

On 1/9/2024 at 9:56 PM, BettyCruiser said:

I’m just off Beyond and there was a Metallic Deck Party under the stars. I didn’t go so I can’t comment on the actual party.

We were on the Beyond last week the deck party was called the Cosmic Night Deck Party or something like that. They suggested wearing silver, pewter, sequins. We saw women in silver sequin dresses, skirts and tops. All white outfits seemed popular too. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/11/2024 at 3:18 PM, Buckeye94 said:

I read that as "Metallica Party" and thought, "wow, Celebrity is really going after a different customer." 😂 🎵"We're off to never-never land! 🎵

? Different type of customer.

As I suspected the Shine the Night Deck Party, which is the formal name for the metallic party, isn't anything different or new and just your usual Celebrity deck party. There are ways to change up a cruise deck party to make it something unique and special for a fun night but this wasn't it. I'll give them props for having a live singer do a rendition of this past summer's LGBT dance hit Padam, Padam

by Kylie Minogue. Otherwise I thought it was disappointing and nothing special. Getting people to dance wasn't the main goal. They want you to wave the light sticks they hand out back and forth in time to the music. They even stop playing music several times to talk. That's the party. Virgin and Carnival are the only cruiselines that know how to put on successful deck parties. 

Edited by kwokpot

we've been to many lively deck parties on X and some not.. depends on the crowd and who is the party host, the program and playlist...

The new theme is a good change up..we'll report back