Plus/Premier packages on longer cruises

helenb

We just booked a 52 day cruise. How do the packages work? Is it still only 2 casual/specialty meals for the entire cruise? Is the elite minibar setup just once? (This cruise is NOT in segments… it is a single 52 day cruise.)

6 minutes ago, helenb said:

We just booked a 52 day cruise. How do the packages work? Is it still only 2 casual/specialty meals for the entire cruise? Is the elite minibar setup just once? (This cruise is NOT in segments… it is a single 52 day cruise.)

One is the loneliest number that there ever was. One set of whatever is offered is all you'll get. Pretty Sad.

• Like 1

Just now, helenb said:

Single, solely 52 day cruise - one Elite mini-bar setup. And the Cruise Packages are per sailing - so yes, 2 Casual meals with Plus, 2 Specialty restaurants with Premier, etc.  no more for longer sailings. 

4 hours ago, helenb said:

Tell 'em what you think of this at PCL HQ.  No point in complaining on the ship as they are powerless to do anything.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, jagoffee said:

A single 52 day cruise without any segments?  I cruise on one for 28 days.  What is the date of the cruise?

None. There's a 52 night world cruise segment, Jan 18, 2024 on Island for instance, but it also sold as shorter segments along the way, as usual - like the 26 night portion, LA to Sydney as a portion of the 52 nights LA to Dubai.. 

Haven't found any true 52 night sailing on any Princess ship that's sold solely as a single sailing, with zero other embarkation points or shorter segments, etc. 

I'd love to find a true 50+ sailing that doesn't have any shorter segments - that'd be ideal! 

Hopefully the OP will fill us in.. 

Edited by reedprincess
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

@reedprincessand @jagoffee, there is the 51 day So America Adventure on Majestic Princess LA to FLL on Dec 1, 2024 and the 54 Roundtrip LA So Pacific , Australia and New Zealand, March 13, 2026. Island Princess.

Sorry, the Majestic is sold in segments, but the Island is not and  for 54 days.

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 1

Just now, wallyj said:

@reedprincessand @jagoffee, there is the 51 day So America Adventure on Majestic Princess LA to FLL on Dec 1, 2024 and the 54 Roundtrip LA So Pacific , Australia and New Zealand, March 13, 2026. Island Princess.

Sorry, the Majestic is sold in segments, but the Island is not and  for 54 days.

Thanks for that investigative work. The 54 day one is intriguing, but unfortunately I strongly dislike the Island... 

Hopefully the OP comes back and lets us know what sailing they're on.. 

I'm sure the OP means the LA-Dubai voyage 1/18/24.  While her statement that it is sold as a single cruise is accurate, her statement that it is not in segments muddies the water.   While it may not be in segments from her perspective, it definitely is.  Just to put a bow on it, it itself is a segment of the 111 day world cruise. 

I meant the 54 day cruise (sorry I typed the days wrong) on Island in 2026. We just booked it onboard Regal. The Princess rep told us it was 1 segment.

44 minutes ago, helenb said:

I meant the 54 day cruise (sorry I typed the days wrong) on Island in 2026. We just booked it onboard Regal. The Princess rep told us it was 1 segment.

Yes, see my post #9, your cruise is ONE segment as you can also verify in your cruise history, unless you are sailing in a suite or solo, which would give you additional cruise credits. So only 1 elite mini bar set up and only 2 casual dining credits for the whole 54 days.

2 hours ago, helenb said:

Yes, one segment

So as it stands right now, two casual meals included with Plus package.

However, it's 2 years away. Undoubtedly, there will be several changes to packages, inclusions, prices, etc between now and then.. 

One mini-bar set-up (unless in a suite). One cruise credit (unless solo or in a suite or solo in a suite). 

37 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Yes, one segment

So as it stands right now, two casual meals included with Plus package.

However, it's 2 years away. Undoubtedly, there will be several changes to packages, inclusions, prices, etc between now and then.. 

One mini-bar set-up (unless in a suite). One cruise credit (unless solo or in a suite or solo in a suite). 

I  think the 2 items per cruise is one of the biggest problem with the Plus and Premier packages.  However, if you have one of them, the minibar setup seems kind of like not a big deal since you can get drinks anywhere at any time.  Isn't that true?

Still 2 specialty dinners on 7 day or 15 or 54 day cruise seems kind of unfair since the daily rate is the same regardless of the length of the cruise.  At least it covers drinks, WiFi, and service charge for all of the days, but I hope they address the other unfairness at some point. 

• Like 1