Puerto Vallarta

pattifoti

PV is a great city.  Restaurants, bars, shops, and lots of goings on.

You can walk the old town, and shop or eat or drink.  PV is a very engaging city in Mexico.

• Like 1

PV is a true "foodie" town with over 600 eating venues which range from basic Mexican street food (i.e. tacos) to gourmet French, Austrian, Italian, etc.  As to bars, it is hard to walk a block without seeing a bar and we have bars/cafes to suit all kinds of taste.  

What to do?  That really depends on your personal wants.  You can do anything from just walking around town (Centro and the Zona Romantica), taking a beach day excursion, heading off to the jungle for horseback riding, ziplining, whale watching, shopping, etc.  We live in PV for 10 weeks a year and are never bored :).  That being said, sometimes the best fun is just lookng down from our balcony and watching cruisers decide "what to do."  

Hank

It's a fantastic city. Some will laugh, but some of us immediately hit the Wal-Mart. The amount of snacks, beer, and souvenirs I got for $15 made it worth the while. Then we hit the Malecon and there are sooooo many shops, restaurants, etc. We grabbed some of the best tacos for $5. 

I can't wait to go back. You won't find me overpaying for an AI day pass there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joebucks said:

It's a fantastic city. Some will laugh, but some of us immediately hit the Wal-Mart. The amount of snacks, beer, and souvenirs I got for $15 made it worth the while. Then we hit the Malecon and there are sooooo many shops, restaurants, etc. We grabbed some of the best tacos for $5. 

I can't wait to go back. You won't find me overpaying for an AI day pass there.

We usually have the taxi drop us off at Walmart (right across the street from the port terminal) as we return...much easier than going there first.

• 5 weeks later...