Flowrider Charges

Just got off the phone with a TA that told me that Royal will start charging for the Flowrider on select ships and eventually fleetwide this year. She claimed that was per a conference she attended end of November.  Please say it isn't so. I know Royal previously charged for private/semi private flowrider times but the you could use it for free during the day during select times.

• Thanks 1

Just now, SanzD said:

Just got off the phone with a TA that told me that Royal will start charging for the Flowrider on select ships and eventually fleetwide this year. She claimed that was per a conference she attended end of November.  Please say it isn't so. I know Royal previously charged for private/semi private flowrider times but the you could use it for free during the day during select times.

@Ourusualbeachwould have listened at the same call. Seems off to me, I'd bet she misunderstood something that was said. .. just another rumor with nothing in writing to back up her claim.

Unless I read it in writing it's a rumor.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SanzD said:

That is not the sort of information that Royal shares in advance with TA's.

They didn't even let us know in advance about the changes to the next cruise program for reducing the benefits for booking Transatlantics to the same perks as booking a 5 day cruise.  We found out after the fact just like everyone else, just like 99% of the changes they make.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't be surprised if they start charging for it.  Perhaps it will become like North Star, included on port days, charge on sea days.  If people are willing to pay for it, why wouldn't they do it?

Edited by time4u2go

54 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is not the sort of information that Royal shares in advance with TA's.

They didn't even let us know in advance about the changes to the next cruise program for reducing the benefits for booking Transatlantics to the same perks as booking a 5 day cruise.  We found out after the fact just like everyone else, just like 99% of the changes they make.  

I bet they didn’t let you know about “Pizza Gate” either. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, SanzD said:

Dare I ask what is "pizza gate"?

IIRC Royal said they were going to start charging for Sorrentos pizza. There was such an uproar that they ended up not doing it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

IIRC Royal said they were going to start charging for Sorrentos pizza. There was such an uproar that they ended up not doing it.

They never said they were going to charge, they asked cruisers what they thought about the idea of charging for Pizza 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

And THAT'S how these rumors start...they NEVER said they were going to charge...but everyone went crazy and made it seem like that was the case. They simply asked, along with a BUNCH of other hypothetical questions, if people would pay for pizza. It was never an actual change made or planned by Royal. 

• Like 2

I haven’t read all the posts in this thread, but wanted to add that our extended family spent a few nights in December in a large popular resort in Orlando in that had a water park a Flowrider.
The cost was $35pp for 30 minutes. Our son paid for the 4 grandsons to do it and they had an amazing time, but that was surely an expensive half hour!

I wouldn’t be surprised if Royal started to charge a small fee.

3 hours ago, bretts173 said:

They never said they were going to charge, they asked cruisers what they thought about the idea of charging for Pizza 

2 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

And THAT'S how these rumors start...they NEVER said they were going to charge...but everyone went crazy and made it seem like that was the case. They simply asked, along with a BUNCH of other hypothetical questions, if people would pay for pizza. It was never an actual change made or planned by Royal. 

A RC trial ballon, that was quickly deflated.

4 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

You really believe that?

Yea..they asked if people would pay for specialty pizzas, and it also asked about like 20 other things being a charge..most of the stuff doesn't even exist on the ships. 

14 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Yea..they asked if people would pay for specialty pizzas, and it also asked about like 20 other things being a charge..most of the stuff doesn't even exist on the ships. 

And then the new hideaway bay came out and includes ... pizza. So there might be a reason we didnt know it was asked.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

Don't they charge for pizza on Odyssey's Italian restaurant?

Yes, but it was for the pizza from Sorrentos/Cafe Promenade. 

12 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yes, but it was for the pizza from Sorrentos/Cafe Promenade. 

Another hot topic item rears its ugly head again, "Give me freedom, or give me free pizza!"

I tend to find it interesting that many items are "floated for questioning" by Royal surveys which almost beg for "can we get away with this without people getting upset?"

Enough people go into meltdown over the "it is just a question, we do not intend to do it yet" finds them saying it was never intended to be and "nothing to see here cruiser, please move on."

🤣

11 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Another hot topic item rears its ugly head again, "Give me freedom, or give me free pizza!"

I tend to find it interesting that many items are "floated for questioning" by Royal surveys which almost beg for "can we get away with this without people getting upset?"

Enough people go into meltdown over the "it is just a question, we do not intend to do it yet" finds them saying it was never intended to be and "nothing to see here cruiser, please move on."

🤣

You got it.

When it came to increased gratuities twice in almost a year, with reduced service, there was no survey.  

One positive if they do it maybe my Flowrider line will become shorter.   

• Like 1